Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed that was reason when someone asked a bazillion threads ago.
It's a county investigation, the FBI is only there in an evidence recovery/assistance capacity.
Lauren Scharf said earlier that local, state and federal agencies are searching at the property. So there's that.
https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV

MOO that seems a little unfair. If he is out of town, he can't call Salida 911 direct.
Assuming girls told him they tried calling her all day, and he had tried SM and got no answer MOO calling 911 starts to be realistic.

Hope search today is productive.

Unfair? he is a first responder...."A first responder is a person with specialized training who is among the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency, such as an accident, natural disaster, or terrorism.

Who do you think 911 would rather hear from? A clueless neighbor or a spouse, who supposedly was there earlier that same day and is a trained first responder? If you were behind the 911 desk...who would you rather hear from? This isn't the days when you had to find a pay phone...we are talking making a call from his car, he's sitting right there, a phone in his hand.

Last edited:
In case it hasn't been posted - or I missed through all that has been going on - the sheriff's press release:
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
July 9, 2020

It has been two months since Suzanne Morphew was reported missing in Chaffee County. In that time, investigators have followed-up on hundreds of tips and conducted a number of searches in an effort to locate Ms. Morphew, who was reported missing on Mother’s Day, May 10, 2020.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last two months, more than 600 tips have been called into a designated tip line, and many searches have been performed throughout the county.

On July 9, 2020, local, state, and federal investigators returned to search the Morphew property west of Salida to once again search the area for any additional information related to Ms. Morphew’s disappearance.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in this missing person case.

To date, no arrests have been made, and Ms. Morphew has not been located.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office will release information related to the investigation as it becomes available.

There are no press conferences planned or interviews being provided by the Sheriff's Office at this time.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
Again, apologies if it has already been posted.

CCSO is definitely getting ahead of both the media and the public minds making this announcement (and confirmation of search in Maysville) one day before 60 day anniversary of SM missing.

Hmmm...coincidence or targeted search in Maysville?

How do you draw a conclusion like that from a 26 second video, isn't that all we have? I have no idea what to think but you seem very certain about what kind of person he is. Do you know him personally?

His demeanor. "When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time" Maya Angelou

CCSO is definitely getting ahead of both the media and the public minds making this announcement (and confirmation of search in Maysville) one day before 60 day anniversary of SM missing.

Hmmm...coincidence or targeted search in Maysville?
"Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. On Thursday, investigators said they can’t rule anyone out as a suspect."

According to Denver cbs local, they were searching the Morphew property today.

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Home Again, Say No One Has Been Ruled Out As Suspect

This is ss of the aerial footage taken at M’s property. Does that look like new cement by the door? If it is, did someone misdirect LE to the construction site?? Did someone KNOW she was under cement and assumed it was where he’d been working?
View attachment 255054
Surely to goodness he isn’t THAT dumb?!! Well... ya never know!!!??? :p
We need a before picture of that doorway to compare.

Unfair? he is a first responder...."A first responder is a person with specialized training who is among the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency, such as an accident, natural disaster, or terrorism.

Who do you think 911 would rather hear from? A clueless neighbor or a spouse, who supposedly was there earlier that same day and is a trained first responder? If you were behind the 911 desk...who would you rather hear from? This isn't the days when you had to find a pay phone...we are talking making a call from his car, he's sitting right there, a phone in his hand.

Well, I too am a first responder (and volunteer fireperson, I have a certificate). I had to do it for work, long story.

But...if something happened to one of my own family, I'd like to think I'd be cool as a cucumber (and remember the myriad rules and which to employ first), I'm not sure I'd be en pointe.

Most first responders I know say the same thing (and now I'm talking about actually paid and trained police who have graduated from a POST academy or firefighters who also have certification from some source).

Volunteer firefighters are...well, people like us. I even have a vest and an ID badge - which, since it's fire season, I have by the door. I grew up in a town (and still live in a town) where volunteer fire people are a thing. My dad refused to join, saying that if it came down to it, he was staying and protecting his house, our neighbors' houses and if possible, my aunt's house.

But I am a member and I know what it means (although there's almost no ongoing contact nor do I have to do anything in particular to maintain my membership...they'd like me to take further training, but I don't have to...I'm a volunteer).

"Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, local, state, and federal investigators searched the Morphew property west of Salida once again. On Thursday, investigators said they can’t rule anyone out as a suspect."

Finding Suzanne Morphew: Investigators Search Home Again, Say No One Has Been Ruled Out As Suspect
And this speaks volumes. BM has not been cleared and in my opinion will not be cleared by LE if they are searching the home again.

This is ss of the aerial footage taken at M’s property. Does that look like new cement by the door? If it is, did someone misdirect LE to the construction site?? Did someone KNOW she was under cement and assumed it was where he’d been working?
View attachment 255054
That sure is. I sure hope they used the ground penetrating radar to check that area.

Imo going back means they have results now from the prior search and have new direction Within the home for more evidence to be gathered ...
Poor Suzanne - I’ve always thought there was a Clean up poorly done
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members