Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

(This one made me take pause. Semen? Rape..
^^sbm
A methodical investigation would indeed include any stray hair, semen, for the fact that it could be evidence of an assault but also evidence the wife (or husband) having an affair. And that's why these guys (CBI, FBI) are some of the best we've witnessed. MOO

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

Opinion based on: Barry consistently shaking his head no while he spoke in the 26 second video, Barry paying out the reward only in the event of Suzanne’s safe return, Barry’s failure to coordinate his reward through Crime Stoppers or LE, Barry’s absence during Suzanne’s Mother’s Day disappearance, Barry didn’t call 911 and had the neighbor call instead, Barry’s conflicting alibis of ff training and then changing the alibi to working on a job site, Barry’s disparagement of LE on TD video, Barry’s dodging and ultimately not answering TD’s question regarding when he had last spoke to Suzanne, Barry’s recounting to TD that he had been cleared by LE, Barry’s relative who said that Barry had been in control of what happened for a long time, Barry’s threat to TD if he was media, Barry’s Get Money page asking the public for money, Barry’s guardianship request due to Suzanne’s incapacitation, Barry’s lack of attempts and lack of public appeals to find his wife, Barry waiting one week before making the 26 second video and then saying it was too soon, Barry’s ridiculous supposition of a mountain lion attack as the cause of Suzanne’s disappearance, Barry’s supposition that Suzanne was hit by a car or had a bike accident which resulted in her getting in the river, Barry’s work site being excavated by LE, Barry’s physical altercation at an Indiana job site that resulted in legal action, LE second search of the Morphew property, LE refusal to clear Barry.

Surely, there is additional behavior from Barry that’s suspicious; but this is just off the top of my head. IMO.

Respectfully, I was responding to a post, and my interpretation of that post was that the member did base much of their opinion on the video.
You have quite a list of things, that YOU have used for your assessment.
However, many of yours still are very subjective, each and every one of them has been argued from another perspective.
You are entitled to your opinion as I am.
IMO, we really have very little actual evidence against BM, everything else could be dismissed as hearsay, (IANAL)
I still stand by my statement to the other member, but I will add, I hesitate to judge someone so personally, when I have had no personal contact w/ him.

There is something about this Skinner interview that doesn't ring true. Who has a conversation with a friend and asks them if they feel threatened on their bike rides? It's just too strange.
I agree, the conversational context was a little odd. They were discussing her health, that she rode alone and felt safe doing so? Was that a subject discussed frequently in that household?

The friend was in Salida hunting elk with Barry last year when he had that memorable conversation with Suzanne. Elk season is August-November. So six months later Suzanne disappears while supposedly on a bike ride alone? Coincidentally, the girls are away on a planned camping trip and ole Barry is out of town setting up a job in Denver. o_O

I'm also extremely leery of anyone who says a family is "perfect, with no cracks" ... interesting that he chose Little House on the Prairie as his example.

Finally, even the PI thought the real estate guardianship was worth looking into. Which to me says they are looking at Barry and weighing financial motives.

Last edited:
There is something about this Skinner interview that doesn't ring true. Who has a conversation with a friend and asks them if they feel threatened on their bike rides? It's just too strange.

I agree! I thought that his whole interview was bizzare. He was a friend of BM from middle school. He only visited the family twice since they moved in and at least one of those times was when BM was away (Red alert!!). He was talking with Suzanne about her being alone on bike rides and how she did not feel threatened, (what a coincidence ). He could not connect with BM for weeks after she went missing. I just don’t think yet that he did it, but something feels way off.

Last edited:
I agree, what was the conversational context was a little odd? They were discussing her health, that she rode alone and felt safe doing so? Was that a subject discussed frequently in that household?
I don't find it odd. I know of more than one lady who wanted to go on a long bike ride (60-100+ miles) but they or their SO wanted someone to go with them the first time. I've done this half dozen times or more and one time it was a good thing because the lady had never fixed a flat while on the road. That she feels "safe" could also mean she is confident she can handle any mechanical or other technical problem and still get home - not necessarily a sexual attack. To me, it means she feels confident in her bike travels. The kind of person I like to ride with.

I agree! I thought that his whole interview was bizzare. He was talking with Suzanne about being alone on bike rides when BM was away. He could not connect with BM for weeks after she went missing. I don’t think he did it, but something feels way off.
Add: "Skinner said Suzanne would talk to you like you were the only person in the room".

Seems a little weird to say that about your buddy's wife? That aside, I have no reason to think this guy had anything to do with her disappearance. Maybe Suzanne was kind to him and his own wife thinks he's a baboon ;)

I don't think the friend's conversation with SM about her bike rides alone strange.

Skinner's aware that BM is frequently a distance from home for work and daughters most likely in school during SM's daytime rides.

Skinner has been to the Morphew home. The home is considered remote (modern Little House on the Prairie), and although the bike trails are near the home, they are a good distance from town and passerby traffic. We also know from locals (and reporters) that there's little if no mobile service in the area.

Personally, I could see myself asking the same question of SM or at a minimum-- assuring myself that she had an emergency plan for an accident, injury, threat, or unexpected event. Living many years in Alaska, I probably wouldn't ride there alone and would have to settle with riding half the time I'd like using a buddy system.

MOO

Need to add to my post that in catching the PI video, I re-listened to the interview with Skinner.

Relative to the OP question Who has a conversation with a friend and asks them if they feel threatened on their bike rides?

Skinner didn't ask.
He states that they talked about SM's health, enjoyment of her bike rides, and her having no hesitation about riding alone. SM told him she felt safe and didn't feel threatened on them. (about 1:16 mark on Fox21 news video).

Last edited:
Is there a way to search and read post 121? I'm not familiar with finding posts in a thread. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you in advance!
Here’s what the FBI told me regarding this question: This is a local investigation, not a federal one, so #SuzanneMorphew is not listed on FBI's missing persons page (even though FBI is assisting). The FBI will only post a missing person if requested by local authorities. (1/3)

2/3) As of now, local authorities have not requested to have #SuzanneMorphew put on the FBI’s missing persons list. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. The FBI says there’s no specific reasoning why or malicious intent behind this — it’s an administrative thing.

3/3) According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, #SuzanneMorphew remains a missing person in Colorado and other national databases.

Previous story on why little info has been released to the public: bit.ly/3cPtH0i
https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1280651387785764865?s=21

If you are using your cell phone, you have to turn it sideways and you'll see the post number to the right next to the like button.

Post #121 quoted above is found on page 7 of this thread.

In case it hasn't been posted - or I missed through all that has been going on - the sheriff's press release:
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
July 9, 2020

It has been two months since Suzanne Morphew was reported missing in Chaffee County. In that time, investigators have followed-up on hundreds of tips and conducted a number of searches in an effort to locate Ms. Morphew, who was reported missing on Mother’s Day, May 10, 2020.

In addition to countless interviews conducted in the last two months, more than 600 tips have been called into a designated tip line, and many searches have been performed throughout the county.

On July 9, 2020, local, state, and federal investigators returned to search the Morphew property west of Salida to once again search the area for any additional information related to Ms. Morphew’s disappearance.

“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”

The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in this missing person case.

To date, no arrests have been made, and Ms. Morphew has not been located.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office will release information related to the investigation as it becomes available.

There are no press conferences planned or interviews being provided by the Sheriff's Office at this time.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****
Again, apologies if it has already been posted.

Has Suzanne always been referred to as Ms. Morphew, as opposed to Mrs. Morphew?

Could be nothing, but just thought I'd mention it.

What happens when other people form an entirely different opinion? Not trying to be difficult, but I have a pretty good bs meter and do well w/ most of my character assessments. I had a totally different take on the video, but I still wouldn’t have formed an opinion, from that short video. While I might take note of other opinions, such as those of friends and relatives who have known him much longer, I would still use my own perceptions to form my opinion.

IMO, I would sure hate for my whole life’s behavior to be judged on some of my worst public performances. At least let it be one of my better ones, lol.
I consider myself a decent judge of character as well. And I have the opposite opinion of your own. Sometimes it isn’t what you say, but what you don’t say that people judge. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier