Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He only visited the family twice since they moved in and at least one of those times was when BM was away (Red alert!!).
^^sbbm

OK. I believe this interview with Skinner was exclusive to Fox21 news. After re-listening and reading the article, I did not hear or read what you cite.

Where did you read this "red alert" about Skinner visiting alone while BM away?

Add: "Skinner said Suzanne would talk to you like you were the only person in the room".
Seems a little weird to say that about your buddy's wife? That aside, I have no reason to think this guy had anything to do with her disappearance. Maybe Suzanne was kind to him and his own wife thinks he's a baboon ;)
^^bbm

Just an observation.

To my recollection, there have only been two MSM comments (in 60 days) by mutual friends of the couple describing SM. (Excluding nephew and Uncle Bob).

There's Skinner's bbm comment above, and Fire Chief Belton statement on May 21 below.

What I'm seeing here is two men both corroborating SM's personality and her nature:

“Her biggest downfall is the fact that she’s so friendly,” Bertram said of Suzanne. “She’s one of those people that wouldn’t hesitate to talk to anyone, to help anyone.”

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

ETA: Another observation. Why is it that both men Skinner and Beltran were each given the side-eye here just based on their comments on how they perceived SM. I recall attacks on Fire Chief warranted a mod warning.

Last edited:
Has Suzanne always been referred to as Ms. Morphew, as opposed to Mrs. Morphew? Could be nothing, but just thought I'd mention it.

I think it's just a matter of respecting that she's an individual, not an extension of a husband.

It's more formal and respectful than referring to her by just her first name and to use her full name (to me) would be just awkward writing since she's the subject of the piece and her full name is already stated.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I was responding to a post, and my interpretation of that post was that the member did base much of their opinion on the video.
You have quite a list of things, that YOU have used for your assessment.
However, many of yours still are very subjective, each and every one of them has been argued from another perspective.
You are entitled to your opinion as I am.
IMO, we really have very little actual evidence against BM, everything else could be dismissed as hearsay, (IANAL)
I still stand by my statement to the other member, but I will add, I hesitate to judge someone so personally, when I have had no personal contact w/ him.
And how many of the WS members will ever have personal contact with any of the people suspected of committing a crime? Not many I suspect.

Going to report myself, because I am not sure if this is within TOS but....

This Skinner fellow has recently become quite active in pursuing a theory related to Suzanne's disappearance on a social media site devoted to Suzanne's case.

Thanks for this. I know that reporters slueth for contacts the way we do off the main thread and also understand that they've failed to get anybody to talk on the record. It makes sense that a BM friend also active on SM for this case would be willing to talk to the local news network Colorado Fox12.

The policy of holding back the files until a case is closed makes a lot of sense. However, how long is too long? Jennifer Kesse had been missing 13 years when her files were turned over to her parents after they won the lawsuit. They announced their intention to turn the files over to private investigators. I have not read the lawsuit, but I would guess the argument was based on length of time and no progress.

You're spot-on, @OldCop. Your question, "[H]ow long is too long?" is the question when it comes to long-unsolved cases.

In your post, you explained all the valid reasons for the policy of holding back a case file. What I propose, though, is that investigators should use the power inherent in crowdsourcing on the internet if an arrest is not made within a certain period of time. This way, investigators can obtain new leads & harness knowledge that they do not have.

For example, the murder of Betsy Aardsma at Penn State occurred 50 years ago. There hasn't been an arrest in the case. The Commonwealth's "Right-to-Know Law" exempts records of a criminal investigation from disclosure. An amendment to the statue could remove the exemption -- say, after 50 years -- so that the records could be disclosed. Once disclosed, thousands -- possibly hundreds of thousands -- of individuals would be able to pool their brainpower to "work" on the case.

Admittedly, investigators & prosecutors may be reluctant to make such records public. They may fear damaging a case or disclosing facts that damage the reputation of an uninvolved person. This is why I favor a legislative solution to the issue: state legislators can decide the right "balance" for their state or commonwealth between the need to protect the evidence and the ridiculousness of continuing to keep case records sealed even after all participants may be deceased.

Picked a few quotes from former LE / PI Corsentino that answers and/or confirms some questions posted her over many weeks. Corsentino is not connected to this investigation but accepting his prior local LE experience.

July 9, 2020

Corsentino explains that those working on the case have questioned family members, friends, and any witnesses in the community multiple times. He also wasn’t aware of any Colorado private detective or investigator working with Barry.

[..]

The community remains puzzled as the case goes into the third month. Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office believes this was an isolated incident and that there is no threat to the public.

“I think the best thing the family can do right now is trust law enforcement,” Corsentino said.

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

Did everyone get chills when they read this? The first paragraph implies they are looking to prove motive IMO.

I respectfully disagree. The guardianship petition filed June 1 in Hamilton Superior 1* (here in Indiana) says that the land that was to be sold was already under contract with a closing date of June 6. As the petition states, if the closing couldn't proceed due to Suzanne not being present, the Morphews would be in default of the contract. The guardianship was necessary to avoid said default. I don't see how this provides a motive, since the contract for sale was already in place.

* I'm assuming that -- since (1) the guardianship petition is a public record, (2) is signed under penalty of perjury, and (3) has been discussed widely in the MSM & on WS -- mentioning it would not be considered sleuthing Barry Morphew. Indeed, Barry's attorney could land in some serious hot water if she filed anything that she knew was untrue, so she provides an added safeguard to the authenticity of the petition. If anything, the petition -- being signed under penalty of perjury -- has even more credibility than the unsworn statements made by police, friends, or neighbors that have been cited by the MSM and on WS.

Last edited:
I consider myself a decent judge of character as well. And I have the opposite opinion of your own. Sometimes it isn’t what you say, but what you don’t say that people judge. JMO
Exactly! That full 8 second pause when TD asks him when the last time anyone saw or spoke to Suzanne. Wasn’t expecting that question. That did it for me! Why would you need to think about that IF you saw her the day she went missing?? And THEN doesn’t even answer the question? Evasion! Liars lie by omission too. MOO

Exactly! That full 8 second pause when TD asks him when the last time anyone saw or spoke to Suzanne. Wasn’t expecting that question. That did it for me! Why would you need to think about that IF you saw her the day she went missing?? And THEN doesn’t even answer the question? Evasion! Liars lie by omission too. MOO

Indeed the same for me! That pause really spoke to me too. He would have gone over that moment for a million times. Imo

^^sbm
A methodical investigation would indeed include any stray hair, semen, for the fact that it could be evidence of an assault but also evidence the wife (or husband) having an affair. And that's why these guys (CBI, FBI) are some of the best we've witnessed. MOO

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado
It also means they have doubts as to whether she went missing from a bike ride. But we already knew that.

It feels like Skinner is just trying to stand up for his friend. I wouldn’t be surprised if BM lamented to him that everyone is against him and no one is on his side and he wishes that people focused on finding Suzanne instead, and what really happened. It’s hard to believe a friend (or in the case of TN, a relative) could do something so horrible. But there was that one little expression of doubt in TS’s comments about IF he did it.

If by chance the body had been burnt to ashes, can a dog pick up any scent from them? If they were scattered does that make them even harder to detect?
Good question. I know that cadaver dogs can detect a single tooth in a 10,000-acre area – something beyond the scope of coverage law enforcement can provide but I'm not so sure about human ashes. I'm thinking about Soldier Vanessa Guillen and I don't think dogs were successful but this may have been attributed to the concrete used to conceal the burned remains. MOO

I remember Corsentino being interviewed about his opinions on the Gannon Stauch case when it was at kind of the point this case seems to be ( many searches, no POI yet named). He’s also spoken before on this case back on May 18.
Investigator explains FBI's involvement in Chaffee County missing woman case - KRDO

He’s the former chief of police for Fountain Colorado and former 4-term Sheriff of Pueblo County. He now has his own Private Security firm in Pueblo.

From this link:

“He also wasn’t aware of any Colorado private detective or investigator working with Barry.“

I find this interesting. He would probably know if BM has hired a PI in Colorado IMO
It must have been Gannon's case, as I didn't follow Kelsey's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi