Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! Good questions! I don’t Tweet either...Who on here is a Tweeter? Is anyone planning on going live in the WS community to ask some of “OUR” questions?

Assuming this is 7pm MST? Which is coming up.
I’m not a tweeter or Facebooker so is a Facebook Live on Twitter? Obviously I don’t get it...thought those were two different things. I sure hope someone from our group will be there. Any volunteers?

I do not tweet, but if I did these would be my questions:

1. Was there a SW executed yesterday at the missing person's house?

2. Was there a SW executed at the construction site that was previously searched?

3. Have there been any other SW's executed or subpoenas issued regarding the missing person?

After reading this as I should have done before posting/ she’s doing Facebook Live- not Twitter- this could be interesting....

I took a little break from this board and have been following the case from a dsitance the past 3 weeks. With the news of a second search of the Morphew home, I’m drawn back in.

During my break, I did notice one thing that was interesting. In the photo of SM wearing the blue/green bike helmet and with the Camelbak pack on, she is wearing Apple Airpods. So that seems to be part of her biking routine. Airpods will only work with either an apple watch or iphone, so on a typical ride she’d have one of both with her.

Kind of interesting given the personal items that law enforcement found but haven't announced what they were. Also interesting from a digital footprint or lack thereof perspective.

Just saw this:

Police Return to Colo. Mom's Home 2 Months After She Vanished — and Nobody Ruled Out as Suspect

Suzanne Morphew went missing during a Mother's Day bike ride

By Harriet Sokmensuer
July 10, 2020 11:46 AM
Two months after the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew, the Colorado mom who went missing during a Mother's Day bike ride, investigators have returned to her home to search for answers.
Chaffee County sheriff Sheriff John Spezze said in a news release that investigators returned to the home west of Salida on July 9.
“This case remains very active, as more than a dozen investigators are aggressively working this case on a daily basis," Spezze said. “And until we determine what happened to Suzanne, we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion.”
[...]
Investigators are not ruling out foul play in Morphew's disappearance and the Federal Bureau of Investigations and Colorado Bureau of Investigations have been aiding in the search.

---------------------------​
More here:
Police Return to Colo. Mom's Home 2 Months After She Vanished — and Nobody Ruled Out as Suspect

A few things were oddly worded in that article, but I think that TS contacting BM immediately could have been him calling, but getting voicemail and no return call for two to three weeks. Cell phones (our service in particular) really suck sometimes. I've had voicemail show up three weeks after someone left it for me. Texts sometimes come in out of order, too. I'm not making excuses, just saying random glitches do happen.

My thoughts are more that he did call BM immediately, but they may have played telephone tag during the weeks before finally connecting and speaking directly with each other. It wouldn't be unusual considering everything that would be happening.

Random Bits:

Closure” is definitely needed when a loved one goes missing. Knowing how or why someone died is one thing, but to never know what happened to someone? Unimaginable in a different, maybe a worse way. Speaking for myself, it would be worse for me to not know where my loved one is.

The FBI (don't know about the CBI) gets involved only when requested by local law enforcement. They have access to resources that local law enforcement entities just don't have the budget and manpower for in addition to specialized equipment and trained personnel.

Hypothetical and I wonder if TS wasn't just paraphrasing and inserted the word “threatened” subconsciously. I can't imagine how a conversation about solo biking in nature could include it, but I guess so:

TS: So, what are your plans for all that glorious free time without BM? Have a friend come and stay and hang out? Anything fun and exciting or just stay home and enjoy the beautiful surroundings on your own?

SM: No friends coming this time. I hope the weather is good, I'd love to go biking – maybe find a new trail.

TS: Who do you ride with when BM can't go with you? Friends from town- I heard there's a local women's mountain bike group – sounds like fun.

SM: Maybe, but I love riding alone and not having to talk to anyone, just being immersed in the sights, smells and sounds of the mountains, it's wonderful!

TS: By youself!? Don't you worry that something could happen? What if the bike breaks down, or you're attacked by a mountain lion or you have an accident or you come across some creep?

.SM: I always feel pretty safe, accidents can happen anywhere, mountain lions can be pretty shy, and so far, I've never come across any creepy people. If I did have a fall or breakdown, the trails are pretty popular and someone would be coming along at some point. I always let someone know when and where I'm going. If I can't get a hold of BM, I'll at least text him so he won't worry.

Me: I just can't see where the word 'threatened' fits in a normal conversation about mountain biking unless she would come across someone who refused to wear a mask. (tongue-in-cheek.). o_O

Last edited:
Can you imagine if we find out Suzanne just took off? Maybe She told her daughters and she just up and left because she knew leaving Barry would be difficult and their church community might also make it difficult to leave. I mean she has family in Michigan. Maybe she just couldn't take it anymore. I dunno the woman just vanished and the bike makes no sense. The whole thing is off. Maybe this is just hopeful thinking.
Well, If she was planning an 'escape" then that would have been the opportune time to do it with nobody around.
JMO-- but I don't think that is what happened.

BBM:

I honestly don't think the Chief realized the message those words conveyed.

I think he genuinely believed he was giving SM a compliment.

He was an unwitting puppet.

His lips appeared to be moving, but it wasn't actually his mouth voicing those words.

We were hearing the master puppeteer speaking there in that interview.

JMO.
100% agree! Decent people are being used by a user and it's horrible. moo of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125