Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The public didn't do so great of a job identifying suspects of the Boston Marathon bombing 3 Years After Boston Marathon Bombing, The Story Of A Wrongly Accused Student

Sunil Tripathi was wrongly accused by members of the general public of being a suspect. He and his family were trashed on social media. He had actually gone missing before the marathon and committed suicide, his body was found after the bombing. Not only did his family have to deal with his suicide, but they had to suffer from the false accusations.

I think LE has this case under control and doesn't need any help from the public. IMO.[/QUOTE]
I have to say that I lived there during this time and this was handled swiftly and professionally by LE. The public was trying to help and the video released of this young man was eerily similar to the actual youngest perp. The public did help, thankfully. This is unfortunate and certainly always possible, even when the public isn’t involved. Many innocent people are convicted, which is even one step beyond what happened in Boston. In this case, the public assistance helped catch and serve justice to the cowardice terrorists.

I respectfully disagree with the sentiment that the public assistance did harm. Yes, this poor young man was an innocent victim, but in the big picture, there were many innocent victims.

Here’s what I think the message is that everyone is picking up on but haven’t been able to articulate: this disappearance is being, and has been from the start, pushed as “an extremely friendly woman” alone on a bike ride in the Colorado wilderness (mountain lion attack?), with the unsaid implication being that she was abducted by someone who was able to gain access to her while she was out of the home because she was a trusting, helpful person who would have been easy to lure due to her giving nature.

And as far as any of us know, only *one* person has been pushing that narrative from the very first day she was missing.

The fact that the home was held by investigators from Day 1, searched extensively, released, and now has been searched again, when the narrative is that she went missing from an unknown location *outside* the home, is what is sending us that signal that something doesn’t add up.
Yes, this. It's very jarring. I can't reconcile it in my mind. I don't think it can be reconciled.

I don't find it odd. I know of more than one lady who wanted to go on a long bike ride (60-100+ miles) but they or their SO wanted someone to go with them the first time. I've done this half dozen times or more and one time it was a good thing because the lady had never fixed a flat while on the road. That she feels "safe" could also mean she is confident she can handle any mechanical or other technical problem and still get home - not necessarily a sexual attack. To me, it means she feels confident in her bike travels. The kind of person I like to ride with.

I wonder if they were referring to safe more about her cancer. I'm not sure where she's at in treatment but my mom had chemo that was monthly and even since completing she has issues with her electrolytes getting off balance on walks and stuff. Her energy and resilience to physical activity isn't the same and she can feel "off" suddenly. And she doesnt take her phone on every walk which is pretty annoying.

I think that article was horribly worded.

Here's what I suspect the reporter intended to convey:

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his (Barry's) solitude time and it would re-energize him (Barry) . During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he (Barry) spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

Like I said, terribly worded section there.
Lots of he and him and his references with no clear indication of which he or him is being referenced.

I think the reporter meant to say that Barry told TS during a hunting trip about a conversation that he (Barry) had with SM about her health in relation to going for solitary bike rides.

I buy the conversation in that context, because it shows how BM's brain was tracking at the time.

Which appears to have been along the lines of, "SM going for bike rides alone might not be safe."

And then, less than year later, the thought may have recurred to him in this fashion:
"Aha! Yes. Yes. A solitary bike ride! That will work!"

Or, as Frazee would say, "Well, exactly."

JMO.
I think you are exactly right. The reported really bollixed up something that should have been easy to put in plain English. Your version reads correctly, if it is to make any sense.

I haven't seen anyone mention it (could have missed it I guess) but that article seems so hokey.

First, Skinner says BM goes hunting to get away, that it was his solitude time.
Then he's quoted as saying, during one of these get away/solitude time hunting trips for BM that he (Skinner) was on with BM, that he (Skinner) spoke to SM about her health and solo bike rides.

Okay let's back up. Were hunting trips to get away and get his solitude, but WITH his buddy Skinner and his wife, or no? Because on my planet, "solitude" and getting away kind of mean... well, solitude and getting away. It doesn't even make sense that Skinner would have a chance to talk to SM since... they were suppose to be away, elk hunting, for BM's solitude time.

But to make it even more hokey, as you suggest, what are the odds Skinner would specifically ask about the very thing, a year prior, that is now part of the whole mystery of her going missing... a solo bike ride. Were solo bike rides a common topic of conversation with SM? Did BM's buddies ask about that specific, particular habit of SM's on a regular basis?

It just seems so fake. All of it. And FAR too convenient. Nope, I'm not buying it, at all.

jmo

So are you implying Skinner is evil or just ignorant?

I think that article was horribly worded.

Here's what I suspect the reporter intended to convey:

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his (Barry's) solitude time and it would re-energize him (Barry) . During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he (Barry) spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

Like I said, terribly worded section there.

JMO.

RSBM

I read it as Skinner saying he was the one who spoke to SM, but I guess it was meant to convey that Barry was the one that had that convo with her.
If that's the case, it doesn't help with how fake the whole thing sounds.
Of all the bazillion things BM could have conveyed to his middle school pal, the solo bike ride is the thing he shares with him?
Nope. Still not buying it.

No, I got your point. It's just that I've been in social settings where someone asks the non-cycling or non-triathlete about their wife or girlfriend going out on 50-100+ training rides alone. You get answers like, "She's been doing it for years now and she is very comfortable in it." or "Yeah, she's actually right at home with it, and I just write off Saturday as I won't see her till mid afternoon."

I was merely providing my perspective as we don't know the actual context of the conversation. Was BM setting up a premeditated act by starting the conversation and steering it in that direction? Maybe, and certainly possible. But without hearing the entire thing we don't know. Skinner may have started the conversation by asking how Suzanne is doing and BM may have said 'much better and in fact she is going out cycling now and really enjoying it.' We don't even know if the phrase 'didn't feel threatened' was actually said. BM may have merely stated she was 'comfortable' or 'confident' in her solo riding and now since Suzanne is missing Skinner has added the word 'threatened', thus providing an different context from the actual conversation. This guy is BM's friend so that is entirely possible. On that same point, we have the possibility the conversation NEVER took place at all or at very least no reference to safety. IOW, Skinner may have embellished the story OR outright lied.
bbm
Hmm.
Team Barry ?
Or just someone starting to feel the pressure ?
MOO

So, are y'all glad someone spoke out to the media (though it was a friend of BM's) or not?

It looks like not so happy they did....

even though there have been complaints no one is speaking out and now someone did.

IMO
I'm not upset that someone spoke out. I'm upset that it wasn't someone speaking out for Suzanne. Where are her siblings? Where are her friends? I can sort of understand her daughters not stepping forward. Although if I ever go missing, I hope my daughter screams it from the mountaintops until I'm found.

Every time we've heard anything it's been from a friend or relative of BM. And it all reeks of BM trying to manipulate the narrative. He wants everyone to believe SM went missing when she went out on a bike ride.

Personally, I don't believe there was a bike ride for SM that day. She was likely already dead by Mother's Day. I'm very encouraged by seeing that the FBI returned to the Morphew property yesterday. May she be found soon. MOO

I think the friend interview was all a huge set up orchestrated by BM and it solidifies my thoughts about BM.

I was very glad to hear the hard work from LE continues, although I had no doubt about that. I found it irritating when it was implied that LE had no clue or was looking in the wrong direction or was back at square one. They know what they are doing and are getting on with the job.

MOO

Amen, Mrs. Watson. May the FBI find Suzanne soon.

I was merely providing my perspective as we don't know the actual context of the conversation. Was BM setting up a premeditated act by starting the conversation and steering it in that direction? Maybe, and certainly possible. But without hearing the entire thing we don't know. Skinner may have started the conversation by asking how Suzanne is doing and BM may have said 'much better and in fact she is going out cycling now and really enjoying it.' We don't even know if the phrase 'didn't feel threatened' was actually said. BM may have merely stated she was 'comfortable' or 'confident' in her solo riding and now since Suzanne is missing Skinner has added the word 'threatened', thus providing an different context from the actual conversation. This guy is BM's friend so that is entirely possible. On that same point, we have the possibility the conversation NEVER took place at all or at very least no reference to safety. IOW, Skinner may have embellished the story OR outright lied.

SABBMFF (Snipped And Bolded By Me For Focus):

Well, if that were the case, it would make TS the worst friend on the entire planet.

Seriously, if that's the type of story friends are concocting to make BM look good, I'd hate to see what his enemies have to say about him.

Actually, scratch that:

I'd love to hear what the people who aren't members of #TeamBarry have to say about him.

JMO.

RSBM

I read it as Skinner saying he was the one who spoke to SM, but I guess it was meant to convey that Barry was the one that had that convo with her.
Of all the bazillion things BM could have conveyed to his middle school pal, the solo bike ride is the thing he shares with him?

IMO...you were right to believe that the interviewee was referring to a specific conversation he had with the missing person about riding a bike alone on remote, rugged, high-altitude, mountainous off road trials.

There may be some rolling hills in So. IN, but no mountains. The area where the missing person lived would seem like extreme terrain to midwesterners not familiar with the Rockies. It is likely that the interviewee, the missing person and the spouse of the missing person all went to the same high school.

Regardless of where one is from, mountain biking in the Salida, CO area could pose many dangers and it would not seem odd for someone from IN to question whether someone felt safe doing it by themselves...kind of like asking someone if a tattoo or piercing "hurt"...IMO

I wonder if they were referring to safe more about her cancer. I'm not sure where she's at in treatment but my mom had chemo that was monthly and even since completing she has issues with her electrolytes getting off balance on walks and stuff. Her energy and resilience to physical activity isn't the same and she can feel "off" suddenly. And she doesnt take her phone on every walk which is pretty annoying.
Entirely possible. For those who have not had cancer it is this big mysterious and dangerous world. Even if they lost loved ones to cancer - I've lost many including both parents - it still not the same until you yourself get the diagnosis. Mine could only be cured by surgery and/or radiation - chemo was not an option. But when I was waiting many times for the preliminary results from blood work the practice had me wait in the same massive room with all the chemo patients while they were undergoing chemo. They were all in recliners - some reading, some watching a movie on a notebook with earphones and the majority sleeping. It was like being in a library or study hall. A quiet courage. Skinner may well be amazed at Suzanne's bike riding after she 'came out the other side.'

This may have been the actual context of the conversation and Skinner may have embellished it to fit the circumstances.

I'm not upset that someone spoke out. I'm upset that it wasn't someone speaking out for Suzanne. Where are her siblings? Where are her friends? I can sort of understand her daughters not stepping forward. Although if I ever go missing, I hope my daughter screams it from the mountaintops until I'm found.

Every time we've heard anything it's been from a friend or relative of BM. And it all reeks of BM trying to manipulate the narrative. He wants everyone to believe SM went missing when she went out on a bike ride.

Personally, I don't believe there was a bike ride for SM that day. She was likely already dead by Mother's Day. I'm very encouraged by seeing that the FBI returned to the Morphew property yesterday. May she be found soon. MOO

I don't believe she went on a bike ride either. I also think it's odd that no one was with her on Mother's day. I wonder if she called her mother in law on mother's day. I read that her mother is deceased but she was close to BM's mom. I'd think they would be in touch that day reaching out wishing each other a happy mothers day.

RSBM

This is worth repeating!

"I read it as Skinner saying he was the one who spoke to SM, but I guess it was meant to convey that Barry was the one that had that convo with her.
Nope. Still not buying it?"

IMO...you were right to believe that the interviewee was referring to a specific conversation he had with the missing person about riding a bike alone on remote, rugged, high-altitude, mountainous off road trials.

There may be some rolling hills in So. IN, but no mountains. The area where the missing person lived would seem like extreme terrain to midwesterners not familiar with the Rockies. It is likely that the interviewee, the missing person and the spouse of the missing person all went to the same high school.

Regardless of where one is from, mountain biking in the Salida, CO area could pose many dangers and it would not seem odd for someone from IN to question whether someone felt safe doing it by themselves...kind of like asking someone if a tattoo or piercing "hurt"...IMO

Your scenario certain seems reasonable.
I'm just having a hard time buying that the now infamous solo bike riding was the thing that was discussed.
It's seems so neat and tidy.
Or, as I stated previously, hokey.
As in, contrived.

jmo

I think it’s more like this:

Barry: “I keep telling Suzanne, it’s not safe to go out riding by herself. There are mountain lions out there, there are people that come from all over to go hiking and biking, and you just never know what could happen out there.”

Friend, next time they see Suzanne: “How are you liking living in Colorado? Sure are a lot of opportunities for outdoor recreation here. Do you ever worry about biking alone?”

Suzanne: “Not at all. In fact, I’m probably safer out there than I am at home.”

OK, not really on that last part. But otherwise that’s how I could see that conversation going.

Entirely possible. For those who have not had cancer it is this big mysterious and dangerous world. Even if they lost loved ones to cancer - I've lost many including both parents - it still not the same until you yourself get the diagnosis. Mine could only be cured by surgery and/or radiation - chemo was not an option. But when I was waiting many times for the preliminary results from blood work the practice had me wait in the same massive room with all the chemo patients while they were undergoing chemo. They were all in recliners - some reading, some watching a movie on a notebook with earphones and the majority sleeping. It was like being in a library or study hall. A quiet courage. Skinner may well be amazed at Suzanne's bike riding after she 'came out the other side.'

This may have been the actual context of the conversation and Skinner may have embellished it to fit the circumstances.

My mom having chemo wasn't a terrible form of it even so she didn't really get sick like you think of with hair loss, vomiting, etc. She still has some residuals from it like sudden onset fatigue though. I think a lot of people like Skinner might be like oh wow youre bike riding! Are you sure that you're okay to do that? I think a lot of people get those paternalistic maybe a bit patronizing questions about their choices after or during cancer so I can see how it would come up. I've been that person asking those same questions of my mom and I've seen everyone else do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee