Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the "no bike ride" camp and she was gone before Mother's Day - May 8 is my guess. I wonder if the reporters are barred from the house and if he has returned to it even? I don't think that has been reported, just that it was released to the family after the first search?
JMO
bbm
Hmm.

Wish we could get the DM over there to take a few snaps !
Imo.

So, are y'all glad someone spoke out to the media (though it was a friend of BM's) or not?

It looks like not so happy they did....

even though there have been complaints no one is speaking out and now someone did.

IMO
I think the friend interview was all a huge set up orchestrated by BM and it solidifies my thoughts about BM.

I was very glad to hear the hard work from LE continues, although I had no doubt about that. I found it irritating when it was implied that LE had no clue or was looking in the wrong direction or was back at square one. They know what they are doing and are getting on with the job.

MOO

BBM SBM
Hmmm... but we know that LE previously said that the property owner where the under-concrete search was done was indeed ruled out. So is this a false statement or should we read into this that that person, previously cleared, is now back in the mix?

Oh dear please, not again....I will offer up a $100,000 reward not to restart this conversation...:rolleyes:

So, are y'all glad someone spoke out to the media (though it was a friend of BM's) or not?

even though there have been complaints no one is speaking out and now someone did.

IMO
I am glad to have the new media info. The friend's focus on Suzanne's biking habits was interesting. Moo

IMO
I'm happy he said kind things about Suzanne because that fits in with what I've always felt. I'll stop there.

Oh dear please, not again....I will offer up a $100,000 reward not to restart this conversation...:rolleyes:

Just like someone else, you can offer 100 grand-heck, as a friend I’ll throw in an additional 100 grand, if this conversation does not restart. Why not-fully confident we are holding on to our dough. Let’s buy some land on spec while we are still flush with money.

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

SABBM:

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his solitude time and it would re-energize him. During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

Huh.

Asking myself this question:

What are the odds that Barry having a heart-to-heart with a hunting buddy about SM's comfort level re: solitary bike rides and SM going missing during a solitary bike ride less than a year later are completely unrelated?

Rhetorical question, so I'll go ahead and answer it:

Those are some long odds.

JMO.

Last edited:
I'm in the "no bike ride" camp and she was gone before Mother's Day - May 8 is my guess. I wonder if the reporters are barred from the house and if he has returned to it even? I don't think that has been reported, just that it was released to the family after the first search?
JMO
Where's the Daily Mail when you need them, lol? They provided great pictures of the last search.

Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

SABBM:

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his solitude time and it would re-energize him. During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

Huh.

What are the odds that Barry having a heart-to-heart with a hunting buddy about SM's comfort level re: solitary bike rides and SM going missing during a bike ride less than a year later are completely unrelated?

JMO.
I know right? I was waiting for him to say...“Barry is just beside himself and so are the rest of us.... oops, scratch that, wrong script folks. "

[

SABBM:

Huh.

What are the odds that Barry having a heart-to-heart with a hunting buddy about SM's comfort level re: solitary bike rides and SM going missing during a bike ride less than a year later are completely unrelated?

JMO.
@GordianKnot -- you made me curious, so I went back and read the article again.

When I finished I had the same feeling back that I had last night.

Something was nagging at me.

Sooo I went back and read it again. And yes, I now know what it is....

LE didn't say "And until we determine where Suzanne is..."

They said: "And until we determine what happened to Suzanne..."

And it was in in the same sentence: "we can’t discount any scenario or formally eliminate anyone from suspicion."

MOO, there is a big difference between where and what happened....

I do too!
I got the impression that the reporter asked him questions (that we didn't hear) and he answered them so that is why he was talking about the bike rides because he was asked about it perhaps and even asked if she was afraid and that was his response. I could be wrong but I felt that wasn't the complete interview but pieces of it. MOO

IMO
Why ya gotta call us out that way, lol (truth).

Of course we are going to pick apart the interview. It's more of the same stuff that's been regurgitated since Suzanne disappeared. IMO, directed by BM.

I may eat crow one day (ala Heidi Broussard), but for now the actions of LE are speaking loud and clear to me.

IMO
"y'all" is grouping every one in the same agreement. Not so.

I've noticed so many different levels of reactions...

MOO the more people talk the more we learn about BM...

SABBM:

“She did talk about her bike rides, she liked it, she felt safe and she didn’t feel threatened on them,” Skinner explained.

When Skinner learned that Suzanne didn’t return from a bike ride, he immediately asked Barry what he could do to help.

Returning to this quote because it's the gift that just keeps on giving.

It's uncanny how every time one of BM's friends/family tries to defend him, it's open mouth, insert Bigfoot time.
Any way you look at it, that conversation with his buddy TS is potentially very damning to BM.
I'm flabbergasted that his friend thought it would help to make BM look/sound good.
There is no way in which this helps BM.

LE is going to be very interested in speaking with this TS dude now.
If they haven't already, LE's going to be interviewing him about that supposed convo during the camping trip.
Count on it.

If, stressing IF, BM is involved in SM's disappearance, this conversation with the friend on the camping trip is hugely significant, because it shows where BM's train of thought was taking him r/t Suzanne's bike rides.

How safe is it for SM to go on bike rides by herself?
Well, she feels safe. She doesn't feel threatened.
So, she goes on bike rides by herself.

If, stressing IF, BM is involved in SM's disappearance, here's how this conversation is a major problem for BM:

Because he's already spoken with TS about the subject of SM's safety on lone bike rides, a bike ride fits perfectly in terms of being something BM's brain would have latched onto for staging purposes, regardless of whether this was a crime of passion OR planned well in advance.

In my mind, that convo is nothing but another finger pointed straight at Barry.

"We're going to need a bigger hand."

*The views expressed above are JMO and do not necessarily reflect the views of this station.

Last edited:
I am glad to have the new media info. The friend's focus on Suzanne's biking habits was interesting. Moo
Is it possible those were simply answers to the questions asked? It would be odd if friend just started talking about these things, however, most reporters have questions they want answered, just as we do.

Some reporters, direct interviews to fit their personal narrative. I am not local, so I make no judgement here.
MOE, when our local paper was bought by a conglomerate, there was a definite change, most significant, instead of reporting the news, they “made up” the news to fit their agenda.
So, I believe the statements were simple answers to simple questions. Nothing nefarious or earth shattering at all.
However, this friend apparently knew them in Indiana and also in CO, I do respect their perspective, it offers clearer perspective than most of the speculation.

SABBM:

“She did talk about her bike rides, she liked it, she felt safe and she didn’t feel threatened on them,” Skinner explained.

When Skinner learned that Suzanne didn’t return from a bike ride, he immediately asked Barry what he could do to help.

Returning to this quote because it's the gift that just keeps on giving.

It's uncanny how every time one of BM's friends/family tries to defend him, it's open mouth, insert Bigfoot time.
Any way you look at it, that conversation with his buddy TS is potentially very damning to BM.
I'm flabbergasted that his friend thought it would help to make BM look/sound good.
There is no way in which this helps BM.

In my mind, that convo is nothing but another finger pointed straight at Barry.
LE is going to be very interested in speaking with this TS dude now.
If they haven't already, LE's going to be interviewing him about that supposed convo during the camping trip.
Count on it.

If, stressing IF, BM is involved in SM's disappearance, this conversation with the friend on the camping trip is hugely significant, because it shows where BM's train of thought was taking him r/t Suzanne's bike rides.

How safe is it for SM to go on bike rides by herself?
Well, she feels safe. She doesn't feel threatened.
So, she goes on bike rides by herself.

If, stressing IF, BM is involved in SM's disappearance, here's how this conversation is a major problem for BM:

Because he's already spoken with TS about the subject of SM's safety on lone bike rides, a bike ride fits perfectly in terms of being something BM's brain would have latched on to for staging purposes, regardless of whether this was a crime of passion OR planned well in advance.

**As always and ever, the views expressed are JMO and do not necessarily represent the views of the station.
Damning with faint praise.

IMO
BBM:

Personally, I'm beyond thrilled every time one of BM's friends/acquaintances speaks up.

First, it gives us insight into the storyline that insiders are being fed.
B, it gives us something new that we can actually talk about here.

My feelings are irrelevant, though.

What IS relevant is that LE is likely also beyond thrilled every time one of BM's friends/acquaintances speaks up.

I'm sure they're all ears.

JMO.

Last edited:

Because he's already spoken with TS about the subject of SM's safety on lone bike rides, a bike ride fits perfectly in terms of being something BM's brain would have latched on to for staging purposes, regardless of whether this was a crime of passion OR planned well in advance.

**As always and ever, the views expressed are JMO and do not necessarily represent the views of the station.

RSBM
Too rich IMO...had the discussion happened, of course...it feels like a primer. More Barry script, with a built-in plethora of potential endings...kidnapped, drowned, animal attack, accident and became disoriented.

Is it possible those were simply answers to the questions asked? It would be odd if friend just started talking about these things, however, most reporters have questions they want answered, just as we do.

Some reporters, direct interviews to fit their personal narrative. I am not local, so I make no judgement here.
MOE, when our local paper was bought by a conglomerate, there was a definite change, most significant, instead of reporting the news, they “made up” the news to fit their agenda.
So, I believe the statements were simple answers to simple questions. Nothing nefarious or earth shattering at all.
However, this friend apparently knew them in Indiana and also in CO, I do respect their perspective, it offers clearer perspective than most of the speculation.
Well, sure those answers could have just been the normal things you'd say if a reporter asked, "Is it dangerous to bike around here? Do you think SM was scared to bike alone?" But why would they ask this Skinner guy that? He's from Indiana and has been in Colorado to visit twice. What would he know? The local reporters would know more about the dangers in the wilds of Colorado than Skinner. So you have to ask yourself: how did this bike subject come up AGAIN? Is that all there is to SM? Her bike and she's nice?

Also, I can't figure out that hunting trip -- was Suzanne on the trip? Did Skinner talk to her then? It says that BM went on hunting trips for alone time, so I never thought SM would go. He would go with his hunting buddy for a guy's trip. Does anyone know? I'm probably reading too much into all this.

Oh, another thing -- we don't know SM's biking habits at all, except that she usually biked before church on Sunday. We don't know if she biked once a week or 7 days a week. We don't know how many hours/miles she biked -- could be 5 miles at a time or 50. We don't know her favorite trails. If she went riding in very lonely places, it is a wilderness safety norm that you leave a note at home about when you left, when you expect to be back, and what trails you were taking. Did SM usually do that? If so, where's the note? Frankly, I'm surprised she didn't carry a satellite phone -- cheap insurance. I used to live in Colorado and I'd carry one if I hiked any distance at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member