Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO some interesting info came out in LS livestream video:

When referencing the email from the missing person's family she reiterated that they were told by LE not to talk to the media.

LE seems to be telling her that the missing person may have been last seen or heard from later then they originally thought. IMO everything released to date by LE has MD as the day the person went missing. Last night LS discussed the two days before and after that date for the request to save videos. IMO the day presumed missing is still MD, but the question is when on that day. Clearly LE established something later in the day as her last known sitting or contact.

The friend of the missing person's spouse indicated that the spouse was at home prior to leaving for Denver on MD. IMO the spouse of the missing person also admitted this in the impromptu video. IMO we can infer that the spouse of the missing person was in personal contact with the missing person on the date she is believed to have gone missing. Thus, he has the "opportunity" to be involved in her disappearance, but so does anyone in the vicinity of where she dissapeared from.

The friend of the spouse of the missing person indicated that early on LE was not sharing much info with the family, but as time has gone on they are communicating more.

The search or whatever activity that occured at the home of the missing person on July 9 apparently concluded that day and the family was back in the home by the next day.

The PI LS talked to with 25+ years of law enforcement experience found the first video of the spouse of the missing person to be sincere.

The PI discussed all the possible scenarios LE was likely working on. IMO this matches the press release which stated no scenario or nobody has been ruled out.

IMO LE is still using a wide lens for POI's and are still trying to piece together the where and what so that the who becomes more clear. This is a wise approach....IMO

Later?
Later?
What does that mean?
My guess is sometime after May 7th. LE was originally asking for security footage for 5/8-5/12. I think that originally 5/7 was a confirmed date that someone other than family had seen or talked to her. They may have a new confirmed sighting or someone that spoke to her on the 8th or 9th.

It is odd.

And, this is a person who has said he spent the day with Suzanne. Yet, what do we learn about her? The same: She had cancer, and she goes on bike rides.

Absolutely no deviation from the theme.

Convenient, eh?
But wait... what was that word again?
Ah yes, "hokey". As in, intentionally orchestrated to further substantiate a narrative.

And the thing is, it actually may have happened exactly as reported but it sounds so flipping convenient it's hard not to question it.
The old phrase comes to mind: "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

jmo

Who really knows where BM is staying, and who is staying with him. Think of all of the things that BM has said-how many tours for his Ranger buddy, how many miles did they cover in searches with “his” guys... TS is not spending time with BM. He is listening to what BM has to say and then taking his word as gospel and speaking out defending his friend.
Exactly. TS has no way of knowing if what BM is telling him is truth. There's no way to know where he is or who's with him. Moo

But 'twas not hunting season, not by bow nor by rifle.

Unless you can find something other than the CO Wildlife page. That's what I found. I already knew hunting season is in the fall (because killing game while they have babies and juveniles is not part of game management in Colorado).

If you're speaking of May 8-12, it was warm and sunny, except for passing clouds and drizzle around 9-10 am on Monday morning. 1/10th of an inch.
No- Mr Skinner visited last fall during hunting season and spent a day at the Morphew house because he didn't want to hunt that day. That is what I am talking about.

I wonder that, too. If LE has, say, a Thursday sighting as the most recent that be worth revealing. Someone nearby reading the line, "did not return from Mother's Day bike ride", and this person might dismiss a sighting of, for example, Friday or Saturday in Gunnison or Buena Vista, thinking it unimportant. Especially, since LE has not come out and cast doubt on the bike ride story.

That's a way of putting it....

However, the job of LE is to protect/serve - to find SM, to prosecute any criminal if need be...

And it is ALSO to protect the community at large...

That's their job: so why: haven't they said where SM went missing?

What she was wearing?

They have NOT confirmed the bike ride as fact, as when she was last seen....

They are not issuing warnings about wildlife: mountain lions, bears, oh my....

They are not issuing warnings about any unsavory folk, any vehicles in the area....

They are not concerned for the public's safety one iota (with regard to the circumstances of SM's disappearance)...

That suggests to me they KNOW there are no man-eating mountain lions, bears

They are not concerned that SM was abducted by a stranger

They got this....& have since the first 5 hours...

JMO

Does anyone wonder if LE is moving in a different direction than originally?
Mmmmm.
They were in the house for several days going thru it, collecting stuff.
They removed a 10 x 10 slab and sifted thru the dirt for evidence.
They recently went back to the home/property for evidence.
Did they find anything?
SM's family isn't coming forward with pleas.
BM's family isn't coming forward with pleas.
The daughter's aren't coming forward with pleas.
Maybe there is a good reason why.
Frankly, I think there might be evidence she's deceased and the families have been told to be quiet while LE investigates what happened.
I guess we'll need to wait and see.

Last edited:
IMO some interesting info came out in LS livestream video:

When referencing the email from the missing person's family she reiterated that they were told by LE not to talk to the media.

LE seems to be telling her that the missing person may have been last seen or heard from later then they originally thought. IMO everything released to date by LE has MD as the day the person went missing. Last night LS discussed the two days before and after that date for the request to save videos. IMO the day presumed missing is still MD, but the question is when on that day. Clearly LE established something later in the day as her last known sitting or contact.

The friend of the missing person's spouse indicated that the spouse was at home prior to leaving for Denver on MD. IMO the spouse of the missing person also admitted this in the impromptu video. IMO we can infer that the spouse of the missing person was in personal contact with the missing person on the date she is believed to have gone missing. Thus, he has the "opportunity" to be involved in her disappearance, but so does anyone in the vicinity of where she dissapeared from.

The friend of the spouse of the missing person indicated that early on LE was not sharing much info with the family, but as time has gone on they are communicating more.

The search or whatever activity that occured at the home of the missing person on July 9 apparently concluded that day and the family was back in the home by the next day.

The PI LS talked to with 25+ years of law enforcement experience found the first video of the spouse of the missing person to be sincere.

The PI discussed all the possible scenarios LE was likely working on. IMO this matches the press release which stated no scenario or nobody has been ruled out.

IMO LE is still using a wide lens for POI's and are still trying to piece together the where and what so that the who becomes more clear. This is a wise approach....IMO

Thanks @Cassady - I for one got a lot from your summary/takeaway of the LS FB Livestream- great post!

My guess is sometime after May 7th. LE was originally asking for security footage for 5/8-5/12. I think that originally 5/7 was a confirmed date that someone other than family had seen or talked to her. They may have a new confirmed sighting or someone that spoke to her on the 8th or 9th.
I'm not aware of any confirmed sighting or call on 5/7. I may have missed it but if you could, I'd appreciate direction to find it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks @Cassady - I for one got a lot from your summary/takeaway of the LS FB Livestream- great post!
You can watch it for yourself on facebook. I don't think you need an account (although, it only takes a couple of minutes to make on - which doesn't have to include your true identity - if I'm wrong).
It's worth the watch/listen, imo.
ETA: I'll provide a link, if you wish. :)

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any confirmed sighting or call on 5/7. I may have missed it but if you could, I'd appreciate direction to find it. Thanks in advance.

@OldCop is using deduction. Since they asked for video from May 8th onward, it stands to reason that they knew something about her whereabouts on May 7.

Neither LE nor BM have indicated when the last confirmed sighting was. We only know she was reported missing on 5/10. When someone goes missing, we are used to hearing, “last seen on such and such a date at......’ Or “she last spoke to ............ on such and such a date”. LE has put forth no such information in this case which would lead us to believe they had a pretty good idea of whoever saw her or spoke to her last outside of BM and when. Because LE did ask for video footage between 5/8 and 5/12, it can reasonably be assumed she was last seen or talked to around 5/7 or 5/8. They did not specify 5/1 or 5/2 or some other arbitrary date because they had proof positive that SM was alive sometime around 5/7, but they do not know what happened in the following days leading up to Mother’s Day. Despite not giving us specifics, LE has wanted to limit our focus.

@OldCop is using deduction. Since they asked for video from May 8th onward, it stands to reason that they knew something about her whereabouts on May 7.
Yuppers.
So in the beginning they were already wondering if she disappeared earlier than MD.
Now they're saying the timeline of her disappearance is later than they thought.
Or it could be later than BM could have been there. mmmm.
Or they're messing around with their main POI.
Or I could probably come up with all kinds of thoughts that might fit around that statement. Lol.
moo

You can watch it for yourself on facebook. I don't think you need an account (although, it only takes a couple of minutes to make on - which doesn't have to include your true identity - if I'm wrong).
It's worth the watch/listen, imo.
ETA: I'll provide a link, if you wish. :)

Hi @marylamby Thinking it would be beneficial to have that link here if it’s not already- probably a good watch for all following this case. Could you provide link please? Thanks!

Neither LE nor BM have indicated when the last confirmed sighting was. We only know she was reported missing on 5/10. When someone goes missing, we are used to hearing, “last seen on such and such a date at......’ Or “she last spoke to ............ on such and such a date”. LE has put forth no such information in this case which would lead us to believe they had a pretty good idea of whoever saw her or spoke to her last outside of BM and when. Because LE did ask for video footage between 5/8 and 5/12, it can reasonably be assumed she was last seen or talked to around 5/7 or 5/8. They did not specify 5/1 or 5/2 or some other arbitrary date because they had proof positive that SM was alive sometime around 5/7, but they do not know what happened in the following days leading up to Mother’s Day. Despite not giving us specifics, LE has wanted to limit our focus.
BBM
So, they are looking for activity even after she was reported missing.

Yes, Lauren pointed out that in the one and only press conference Sheriff said “ items” - plural. And she asked CBI if it was one item or more and CBI said “ One item- Singular “.
They found one item, and then when they searched for more they said they didn’t find any more items. If they had found even one more item, they would then have items.

I’ve never understood why this has been such an issue.

Now that's an interesting idea. I have been scratching my head about Denver for the longest. I think, now surely if he was really in Denver, someone would have seen him and we would have heard about it. After all, it's his alibi, right. It just seems weird, after all this time, that we have no information whatsoever about a Denver job site. Another possibility that BM might try to keep hushed up, a woman. No indication of that either. A romantic tryst on mother's day looks awful, but not as awful as murder, and its still an alibi. I keep wondering why there's no Denver details. Moo
I think the FBI was brought in quickly to verify the Denver alibi. By saying he left early Sunday morning, he didn’t have to produce hotel receipts etc. He would still have to produce a “job site” however, and for all we know it too has been searched. He has stated he wanted to “get everything ready” so his crew could start early Monday. Wonder what that entailed?
If he had other equipment and vehicles on this job site, theoretically he could have driven his personal vehicle and phone to Denver in the wee hours with a package in the trunk. He could leave his vehicle and phone at the job site, transfer the package to one of the other vehicles, and dispose of it almost anywhere within a few hours drive of Denver. He could then go back to the job site, pick up his phone, swap back to his vehicle and be ready and waiting to run home when he found out his dear wife was missing.

BBM
So, they are looking for activity even after she was reported missing.
Yes, and they may not necessarily be looking for SM on the video. Maybe they are looking for someone else’s “activity”
OR, they are looking for SM from 5/8-5/10 and looking for someone else from 5/10-5/12. You can see a lot of people doing a lot of things on four days of video. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth