Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it -- this search party (news link) was reported on May 20, and the bike was allegedly located the same evening SM vanished or May 10 (according to nephew TN).
But is it possible they were called in by the husband to assist very early on and they did - before they were asked not to be involved? If the bike was found - someone had to find it right? I still find it very odd that LE has not verified the bike from what we have found in MSM - is this still correct? I need to go find my timeline for SM.
IMO

But is it possible they were called in by the husband to assist very early on and they did - before they were asked not to be involved? If the bike was found - someone had to find it right? I still find it very odd that LE has not verified the bike from what we have found in MSM - is this still correct? I need to go find my timeline for SM.
IMO
That is a strong possibility and may be the reason LE excluded them from the searches. I don’t ever recall LE acknowledging the bike. I think the bike can be considered as one of the items found but they are tight lipped:

“While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found, they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date," the sheriff's office said.

Suzanne Morphew search: Investigators find 'personal item' - CNN

Last edited:
IMO

Reportedly, many of the firefighters did not even know that SM was missing until the early hours of Monday, May 11 -- including the Fire Chief. That really does not put BM's buddies in the position to locate SM's bike on Sunday evening -- confirmed only by nephew TN.

To my recollection, the only thing that LE has confirmed is that they located personal item(s) believed to belong to SM during their search-- leading them to close Hwy 50 at Monarch Pass for most of a day. I think that's it -- and we don't know what the personal item(s) is. BM also told the YT blogger that LE found "an article" but stated that LE would not tell him what it was.

MOO

ETA: Personally, I've long believed that LE located the bike before BM arrived home from Denver. I think we estimated BM arrived Salida around 9 - 10 PM.

On May 10, 2020 the state of Idaho was under "Stay Healthy Stage 1" order dated May 1, 2020. There were no restrictions on camping or kayaking. In fact, those and all other outdoor activities were encouraged, with applicable social distancing guidelines. All persons entering the state of Idaho were advised to self-quarantine for fourteen days, but were not required to do so unless they fell within high risk groups defined by the CDC. Visitors who planned to stay less than 14 days were advised to self quarantine just for the duration of their stay.
Self-quarantine (out of one's dwelling) is defined in the Idaho governor's Order To Self-Isolate I, II and III which basically says to maintain 6 ft social distancing, wash hands, use hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes and do not shake hands. IMO

https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/stay-healthy-order-stage1.pdf

https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-co.../amended-statewide-stay-home-order_041520.pdf

That is a strong possibility and may be the reason LE excluded them from the searches. I don’t ever recall LE acknowledging the bike. I think the bike can be considered as one of the items found but they are tight lipped:

“While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found, they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date," the sheriff's office said.

Suzanne Morphew search: Investigators find 'personal item' - CNN
But then we have BM in his “interview” with TD saying LE mishandled it. So, do you think BM alerted one of his FF budds and one or a couple went out and discovered the bike and called LE? OR, did perhaps the neighbour decide to go out and take a look for SM and discovered the bike? I don’t think there’s anything that tells us who located the bike, right?

IN regards to the girls camping trip and assuming that the trip was planned independently, without any neferious orchestration; consider their ages. The location was probably not chosen not because of scenic vistas, but because of social factors. Young people just enjoy being with their friends, wherever that leads them.
However, if the trip was paid for and orchestrated by someone who wanted them away from home for a specific time span, well that would be worrisome. I really hope that didn't happen, as it would indicate a lot of preplanning.
Moo

Just like BM being on firefighter training. Could be something like DM interviews someone who said, "Oh, I think they went to Idaho." And just like that, it becomes fact.

I do find the camping trip, no matter where it occurred, to be hinky, given the rest of the circumstances.

MOO
Agreed.
So many 'coincidences'.
One or even two might be understandable.
But this was a perfect storm of convenient events.
Imo.

IN regards to the girls camping trip and assuming that the trip was planned independently, without any neferious orchestration; consider their ages. The location was probably not chosen not because of scenic vistas, but because of social factors. Young people just enjoy being with their friends, wherever that leads them.
However, if the trip was paid for and orchestrated by someone who wanted them away from home for a specific time span, well that would be worrisome. I really hope that didn't happen, as it would indicate a lot of preplanning.
Moo
bbm
This ! ^^^

On May 10, 2020 the state of Idaho was under "Stay Healthy Stage 1" order dated May 1, 2020. There were no restrictions on camping or kayaking. In fact, those and all other outdoor activities were encouraged, with applicable social distancing guidelines. All persons entering the state of Idaho were advised to self-quarantine for fourteen days, but were not required to do so unless they fell within high risk groups defined by the CDC. Visitors who planned to stay less than 14 days were advised to self quarantine just for the duration of their stay.
Self-quarantine (out of one's dwelling) is defined in the Idaho governor's Order To Self-Isolate I, II and III which basically says to maintain 6 ft social distancing, wash hands, use hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes and do not shake hands. IMO

https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/stay-healthy-order-stage1.pdf

https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-co.../amended-statewide-stay-home-order_041520.pdf

Thanks for links. Nothing unclear about the Idaho Stay Order. Since your interpretation applies to the residents of Idaho, here's the order applicable to Coloradoans or any other foreigners entering the state.

5. Statewide directive for individuals arriving in Idaho from another state or country to self-quarantine.

a. [..]

b. "Essential Purposes" [..] Travel into the state of Idaho for recreation is not an Essential Purpose.

upload_2020-7-8_8-43-7.png

Last edited:
But then we have BM in his “interview” with TD saying LE mishandled it. So, do you think BM alerted one of his FF budds and one or a couple went out and discovered the bike and called LE? OR, did perhaps the neighbour decide to go out and take a look for SM and discovered the bike? I don’t think there’s anything that tells us who located the bike, right?
I don’t think the neighbor found the bike. It couldn’t have been easily found by eyesight if we go by TD’s video, iirc. It seems someone was directing people right from the start so I cannot disregard this. Don’t forget someone emailed the IN church members right the next morning alerting them SM was missing and highly possible due to a mountain lion attack.
Very hinky indeed.

Moo
I think that many of the recreational and sport activities in Idaho are regulated by the Idaho Fish and Game or the federal National Forest offices, due to seasonal over-demand on public resources. The trip may have been planned around a dated use permit, or opening / closing of seasons. A trip could have been precisely planned by the people visiting Idaho, without requiring input or advice from anyone else. The trip also may have been planned around a specific permit date(s). IMO

Friday will be 2 months since Suzanne was reported missing. I'd love to hear what LE will say on Friday. IF they say anything at all.
bbm
Ita.

However -- I won't be surprised if LE do not have an update.
Sadly.
I'd assume they are still looking for evidence of Suzanne.
As another poster helpfully pointed out, 'no body' cases are winnable, but LE would still want as much proof as possible.
MOO

Nothing unclear about the Idaho Stay Order. Since your interpretation applies to the residents of Idaho, here's the order applicable to Coloradoans.

5. Statewide directive for individuals arriving in Idaho from another state or country to self-quarantine.

a. [..]

b. "Essential Purposes" [..] Travel into the state of Idaho for recreation is not an Essential Purpose.

View attachment 254880
I have seen no evidence that they did not comply fully with Colorado directives, upon their return. IMO

I always felt that some of the FF buddies were on scene when the bike was allegedly found on Sunday before BM returned (no facts in there, just supposition). I felt that BM got his info from them and then formed the narrative that he told TD. SM missing might have gone out over a scanner, and the local emergency responders headed out to help.

It would be very interesting if one of BM’s buddies was the person who located the bike. That would certainly change stuff up. How did they know where to look? Did BM give them any advice on that? The investigation would certainly have taken a turn on the first night if that was the case. Hmmm.

I always felt that some of the FF buddies were on scene when the bike was allegedly found on Sunday before BM returned (no facts in there, just supposition). I felt that BM got his info from them and then formed the narrative that he told TD. SM missing might have gone out over a scanner, and the local emergency responders headed out to help.

It would be very interesting if one of BM’s buddies was the person who located the bike. That would certainly change stuff up. How did they know where to look? Did BM give them any advice on that? The investigation would certainly have taken a turn on the first night if that was the case. Hmmm.

According to BM -- ten people touched the bike on Sunday so he's got at least 10 Investigators at the recovery.

And on May 14, nephew Trevor told us twice (at 1:50 mark) that the bike was found on Sunday evening.

Poor BM.

May 14, 2020
CBS/4 Denver

Nephew TN:

"I'm willing to confirm that the bike was found on Sunday evening, the night she disappeared. The sheriff has said he doesn't not believe she was attacked by an animal. Read the latest updates at http://cbsdenver.com/tag/suzanne-morp...

Wow.
Thanks for the link, @Seattle1 !

I will believe the bike was found when I hear it from LE and not before !
And BM does not know if 10 or more people touched the bike ... unless he was there along with LE; and at this time it looks like BM is 'investigating' Suzanne's case independently.
MOO

I've done this drill before in the thread, but I'll do it again. the majority of the construction in Denver is going on north or east of the airport, so I have used DIA as the starting point to calculate the time required for him to drive home. If he left as the neighbor was calling 911 at 5:47 pm, he would have been expected to arrive at the site on the roadway where he showed TD the bike had been found at 8:53 pm. If he made one pit stop, at 9:03 pm.
If BLM was directing anyone to do anything, it would have been by cell phone. As I have also stated before, LE should be able to verify every call with the exact location of BLM and of the person that he called.

The entire map was generated in Google Earth Maps and Directions, with no editing. Note that while the screenshot gives "County Road 225" for the destination, the actual input was 38°32'21.92"N, 106°14'33.71"W which is just past the right turn of the "Y" in CR 255.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-08 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-08 Google Maps.png
    529.9 KB · Views: 32
I've done this drill before in the thread, but I'll do it again. the majority of the construction in Denver is going on north or east of the airport, so I have used DIA as the starting point to calculate the time required for him to drive home. If he left as the neighbor was calling 911 at 5:47 pm, he would have been expected to arrive at the site on the roadway where he showed TD the bike had been found at 8:53 pm. If he made one pit stop, at 9:03 pm.
If BLM was directing anyone to do anything, it would have been by cell phone. As I have also stated before, LE should be able to verify every call with the exact location of BLM and of the person that he called.

The entire map was generated in Google Earth Maps and Directions, with no editing. Note that while the screenshot gives "County Road 225" for the destination, the actual input was 38°32'21.92"N, 106°14'33.71"W which is just past the right turn of the "Y" in CR 255.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Having the maps is incredibly useful. Looking at even the general location of where BM says the bike was found, there can be little doubt (for me, anyway) that LE found it themselves while searching for SM.

If the bike was found in the location indicated by BM, it's reasonable to assume that LE or someone with them found it. To think otherwise, is to believe that LE, CBI, FBI, SAR, two sets of Dogs, and everyone involved didn't search that area.

Wow.
Thanks for the link, @Seattle1 !

I will believe the bike was found when I hear it from LE and not before !
And BM does not know if 10 or more people touched the bike ... unless he was there along with LE; and at this time it looks like BM is 'investigating' Suzanne's case independently.
MOO
To me, saying that 10 or more people touched the bike (I don't really believe that happened) is playing to a wider audience, trying to persuade friends, relative, and the public, that LE is incompetent. Typical defensive posturing. His belittling of LE and seemingly exaggerated details of his "searches" and his military friend, lead me to think that it is very important to him that he is seen as powerful, intelligent, superior. Sadly for him, those actions indicate to many, that he is not. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314