Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

May 14, 2020

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office immediately began to search the area, with the help of more than 100 law enforcement officials from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, the Department of Corrections and the Combined Tac Team. Drones and tracking dogs have also been used, but Morphew has not been found. The FBI has joined the investigation, along with other local agencies including the Salida Police Department.

[..]

A neighbor told deputies Morphew had gone for a bike ride and never returned home. Her husband was away at the time. It was not immediately clear what time Morphew left her house or how frequently she may have taken long bike rides or hikes. Her nephew, Trevor Noel, says Morphew’s bike was found but details about the condition of the bike have not been shared.

[..]

Sheriff John Spezze told CBS Denver that the department feels an animal attack is an unlikely scenario. He added that the case is not a criminal investigation at this point but the possibility of foul play has not been ruled out. On May 13, investigators blocked off Morphew’s neighborhood to traffic as the search continued.

[..]

Morphew’s husband, Barry Morphew, has offered a $100,000 reward for information about what happened to his wife. A family friend matched the offer, bringing the reward to $200,000 for info leading to Morphew’s safe return, “no questions asked,”

[..]

Family members say Barry Morphew was in Denver when a neighbor reported his wife missing. Denver is located about 150 miles northeast of Chaffee County.

[,,]

The Morphew family is originally from the Midwest. Morphew’s husband, Barry, lists Alexandria, Indiana, as his hometown on his Facebook...

According to property records, the Morphews moved from Arcadia, a small town about 35 miles north of Indianapolis, in 2018. ...May 2018 after putting it on the market. ...13 acres of land and that the listing price was $895,000. ... the property never sold and the Morphews still own it.

... Morphews purchased their current home in April 2018 for $1,575,000. The house, which was built in 2008, sits on more than 7 acres of land.

[..]

Images from the area show that it is a mountainous community where homes are tucked back into the trees.

[..]

Morphew ran a charity organization that operated under her name. She started the Suzanne R. Morphew Hope Foundation in 2012,... relocated it to Colorado. It was registered with the Colorado Secretary of State’s office in February 2020, records show.

... It is listed with Propublica and Charity Navigator as a nonprofit entity in good standing, but neither indicates which causes Morphew may have focused her efforts on.

Morphew’s husband is a business owner. According to Indiana business records, he started a company called BLM Enterprises in 2004. He is also listed as an agent with BLM Landscaping in Indiana.

According to his Facebook page, Barry is a volunteer firefighter in Colorado. He wrote that he is a wildland firefighter at Chaffee County Fire Protection District.

The Morphews have two teenaged daughters.

I believe she was dead before Sunday, and this is why:

"The mother of two – who previously worked as a teacher in Indiana – was active on social media for the last time the day before she disappeared."

I am her age, and have a daughter and son as well in HS/UNI. My MD Sunday started on SM, looking at all the other proud mom's posts and the tributes from their children. If Suzanne was active on SM (as it appears to be), I would assume there would be SOME SM activity on MD.
Good post !

Trying to look at the wider picture.

Did they owe money to anyone ?
Enemies ?
Any past issues with someone ?

Forgive me if I am repeating what has been said, the thread has been moving so fast I am struggling to keep up. It definitely seems to me the police know more than they're saying. They moved so quickly with such seemingly little information.

The incredibly vague details are really perplexing, it seems like almost everything is speculation and so little has been confirmed.

I do hope she is found safe and maybe had an accident and is injured but alive.

I believe she was dead before Sunday, and this is why:

"The mother of two – who previously worked as a teacher in Indiana – was active on social media for the last time the day before she disappeared."

I am her age, and have a daughter and son as well in HS/UNI. My MD Sunday started on SM, looking at all the other proud mom's posts and the tributes from their children. If Suzanne was active on SM (as it appears to be), I would assume there would be SOME SM activity on MD.
Welcome to WS @imakittykittykittyimacat.

I remember the quote you are citing in your post about SM making a post and/or being active on social media the day before she disappeared and I believe we found that quote to be in error.

I think it came from the Daily Mail and was determined to be an error by the reporter when the post/picture he cited for this was dated a year before (May 2019) and not Saturday, May 9, 2020.

Today's 9News interview with Trevor Noel, giving an update from the family.

Today's Press Conference with Sheriff Spezze.
WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman

I wanted to listen to these again to get some perspective, like to hear what others think.
Thank you for posting that. I think it’s strange that a reward is being offered, but no appeal is being made to whoever has her. Unless I missed it somewhere.

Here, the nephew (TN) is referring to the missing as 'his aunt' so to me it doesn't follow that he would not also say 'my uncle' in the same breath.

I don't know about you but one of the first things I do when I join a missing person thread is google their name. And no surprise that SM's name appears in several Obituaries. You certainly don't have to sleuth a family (or violate TOS) to know that TN is in-fact the blood nephew of 'the husband.'

Perhaps this alone is what makes this 'the husband' so odd to me.

MOO
To me choice of words appears to indicate TN is distancing himself from his Uncle. Might be reading too much into it, time and further updates from him will tell us if we are on the right track.

I wonder if one of the 4 other people listed as Board Members or associated personnel from her foundation is the "friend".

I wonder what the source of the funds for this foundation are.

I'm wondering about money issues, too. This couple appears to have had more money than most people who go missing and the source of his business income and her foundation money are not apparent.

Welcome to WS @imakittykittykittyimacat.

I remember the quote you are citing in your post about SM making a post and/or being active on social media the day before she disappeared and I believe we found that quote to be in error.

I think it came from the Daily Mail and was determined to be an error by the reporter when the post/picture he cited for this was dated a year before (May 2019) and not Saturday, May 9, 2020.

Also reported by MSN.com yesterday. But to your point, yes, Daily Mail not necessarily known for their credibility. ;) Thank you for the correction. :)

Just seeing these threads today. As a cyclist, especially mountain biking, I find it odd that no description of the bike has been mentioned anywhere. Bike groups are tight knit and would do anything to find a missing cyclist and/or bike.

Truth is, everyone seems blessed and happy on FB. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. This almost seems to be playing out like a textbook Dateline episode. JMO
Indeed you are correct. An incident in my small little town two weeks ago would certainly shred any ideas of myself thinking whats on someone's profile page is 100% factual.

We also can say that even so called "loving and wonderful spouses/boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other" can show their true violent and evil colors years after being with them. It's not always immediate and there isn't always telltale signs.

Yep it's weird, no appeal from the family or LE

Has the sheriffs office been promoting the families reward?
Trevor Noel is a nephew and is speaking on behalf of the family? I guess you mean from her husband or kids. I have no clue why we have not heard from the immediate family.

I'll have to look for a link, but I recall the husband saying it was too soon to make an appeal (or something to that effect). I interpreted that to mean he put up the reward, let's see if the money works first?

Her foundation is a Christian-based charity and she does have that post about Him being the source of blessings

Did she attend religious services or have local church friends. They often assist in searches and publicizing missing members

Trevor Noel is nephew and is speaking on behalf of the family? I guess you mean from her husband or kids. I have no clue why we have not heard from the immediate family.

I'll have to look for a link, but I recall the husband saying it was too soon to make an appeal (or something to that effect). I interpreted that to mean he put up the reward, let's see if the money works first?

No I mean an appeal to an abductor or for information for someone that has her. I haven't really heard that from anyone

Last edited:
The source of her wealth is right in front of our noses, but the mainstream media is not reporting on it so we are not permitted to sleuth it or discuss it here ;)

Do you mean this? Or is there something else?

"Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, former owner of the popular Gene’s Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson."

Search is on for Alexandria native missing in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member