Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MISSING: FBI joins search for Colorado woman, dedicated tip line set up

"On Wednesday, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office announced the FBI has joined in the search efforts."

"More than 100 people have assisted in the search, including personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort as of Wednesday."

I'd say they've pulled out the major crime crew. Something went down.

I'll probably get some flack for this, but here goes:

I don't right now care for TN. He was pretty much going against LE's wishes to stay silent on things- telling about Suzanne's bike being found and where. Started up his own search party- why? This family appears- I say appears- to have money- why ask the public for help with a *** for searchers? I would be interested to see if that money has indeed been paying for meals, hotels, etc.

I am not saying he's involved at all. I just don't like him and how he went against LE, telling people to call the sheriff's office to find out the condition of the bike. Seriously?
I totally hear you on this, he does seem to have an agenda which fly's in the face of what LE is requesting.

But I can't make up my mind if it's being fueled by a combination of the following; has knowledge of facts we are unaware of, sheer desperation, exhaustion, is offended that LE will not share details. If the relationship with uncle is fractured, he may feel that LE may be closing ranks around him and is not fully investigating.

With very few exceptions IMO, *** requests are crass and pop up way too quick, huge turn-off. But it appears he feels he can do his own searches and needs funding to do so.

So there is an alarm system, no surprise.

ISatw1thwup52k1000000000.webp

Looks like a typical ADT alarm box there right by what appears to be the door into the garage.
Oh I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it wasn't working that day..

"On Wednesday, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office announced the FBI has joined in the search efforts."

"More than 100 people have assisted in the search, including personnel from Chaffee County Search and Rescue, Department of Corrections, and the Chaffee County Combined Tac Team. Investigators from the 11th Judicial District, Colorado Bureau of Investigations, the Salida Police Department, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations have joined the effort as of Wednesday."

WHOA. FBI don't usually get involved in simple missing people cases. There seems to be a twist to this case.

I admittedly was surprised at the respect the media showed at the presser when opened up for questions.

Seems they read the tone of the investigation and didn't push it compared to all the questions we're asking right here!

I'm also glad that somebody raised the self-harm question and glad that's out of the way. (Sheriff said no to self-harm).
I am surprised that no one in here thought it was self harm.

Oh I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it wasn't working that day..

Or that she never armed it. I don't arm mine while I'm in the house during the day in longer summer days. But always at dusk or at night. And I have cameras, too.

If I left for a bike ride I wouldn't arm it either. I'd just lock the door.

I got the answer to one of my question, where's the money coming from.

If you followed Prince Andrew's troubles in England, you read that 10% off the top of all donations to charities of which he was a patron went directly to him personally.

Take a look at this: The 20 Worst Charities You Shouldn't Be Donating To its a "very good business" to be in.

I got the answer to one of my question, where's the money coming from.

If you followed Prince Andrew's troubles in England, you read that 10% off the top of all donations to charities of which he was a patron went directly to him personally. d

Take a look at this: The 20 Worst Charities You Shouldn't Be Donating To its a "very good business" to be in.
Hers wasn't listed there and my impression wasn't that it was an obvious deviation of funds like some of those really bad ones.

Their mission was so vague I thought it might be a way to fund travel: Everywhere they go there are children and if they distribute things to children or pay for some meals while they are there, then their travel expenses are paid. The mission didn't specify any projects, countries, schools, etc so a lot of visits to anywhere could be encompassed by their Mission.

It was established when the couple moved to Colorado in 2018. The filing for that year only lists about $6680 in cash assets, and no activity, no salaries.
It really didn't strike me as a very active project, but I could very well be making incorrect assumptions.

Certainly not enough money reported in there during 2018 to think you would harm someone over that.

Last edited:
It's more likely than not that LE has asked her husband to submit to a polygraph.

Assuming they did, I wonder whether he agreed to or not.

Anybody seen anything reported re: any polygraphs being administered in this case?

Last edited:

I also think it says a whole lot that LE is controlling the searches and not accepting help from non-LE. I think of various other cases where the public has helped perform searches, and there was definitely an assumption that it could’ve been an accident they were looking for (Abby and Libby in Delphi come to mind as one example.)

But here, Spezze and co. want to be the ones to find her so they can preserve evidence and not have Good Samaritan Joe Blow be the one to come across her, IMO. It’s very telling.

Hers wasn't listed there and my impression wasn't that it was an obvious deviation of funds like some of those really bad ones.

Their mission was so vague I thought it might be a way to fund travel: Everywhere they go there are children and if they distribute things to children or pay for some meals while they are there, then their travel expenses are paid. The mission didn't specify any projects, countries, schools, etc so a lot of visits to anywhere could be encompassed by their Mission.

It was established when the couple moved to Colorado in 2018. The filing for that year only lists about $6680 in cash assets, and no activity, no salaries.
It really didn't strike me as a very active project, but I could very well be making incorrect assumptions.

Certainly not enough money reported in there during 2018 to think you would harm someone over that.

Probably sending bibles overseas somewhere, or a local religious studies program would be my guess. I don’t think her charity is a big front for anything or a tax dodge as some have wondered. It was likely a task-based or single event-based thing IMO.

Hello!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
No one else finds it odd that they are asking for funds but offering $200k???
Seems extremely bizarre especially since they made it sound like it was to fly in their own family and friends to help search.
Does not compute to me.

Actually, the move to Colorado required a transfer of the entity but the 501(3)(c) originated in IN and goes back 2013-14.

I got the answer to one of my questions, where's the money coming from. If you followed Prince Andrew's troubles in England, you read that 10% off the top of all donations to charities of which he was a patron went directly to him personally.

Hmm...I looked at Guidestar, which has all non-profits' information including their 1099s, and the most the family's nonprofit made was about $6500 over a several year time frame. Both SM and her husband are named as directors and do not collect a salary. It appears to be a Christian based organization helping vulnerable children around the world. Although tough to do with only $6500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie