Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office (2 hours ago)

Please see the following news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office providing an update on the Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Case.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew's disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday's Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

https://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/2020/05/15/suzanne-morphew-missing-chaffee-county-maysville-2/May 15, 2020 at 7:29 p.m
"Dozens of Chaffee County sheriff’s deputies and agents from the FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation combed an area near Maysville on Friday where investigators found a personal item they believe belonged to a missing female bicyclist.
Morphew2-e1589255197479.jpg

Suzanne Morphew

About 90 local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain Friday in an effort to find additional items of Morphew’s or clues to her whereabouts."

Gorgeous ring!

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

BBM and some comments I missed previously:

On Wednesday, Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation. He adds the probability of an animal attack is not very high.

The FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation is now involved.

Family says her husband was out of town on a trip to Denver at the time of the neighbor reporting her missing.

@kay74
This is what worries me, focusing on the husband and not other investigating. This happened in Colorado coincidently with Jon Benet, they focused only on the parents and never found the perp. IMO it was because they were wealthy and same thing here. Like it's a Colorado thing. Someone abducted this woman, look for that person before it's too late.

I didn't get the sense Sheriff Spezze was hyper-focused at all. As a matter of fact, he repeatedly emphasized it was an open-investigation. In terms of looking for the responsible party in Suzanne's disappearance. He has brought in all the resources he could muster to help with the investigation.

I didn't get the sense Sheriff Spezze was hyper-focused at all. As a matter of fact, he repeatedly emphasized it was an open-investigation. In terms of looking for the responsible party in Suzanne's disappearance. He has brought in all the resources he could muster to help with the investigation.
Well, that's good to hear. I went off on what some other commenters mentioned.

Made me think how Shannan Watts said something like Chris was the best thing that ever happened to her...
Honestly IMO I know many who portray “perfect” on social media - I make no comment on her as I have refrained from viewing - really trying to stay neutral and just look at what little facts we have been given - she’s missing they found her bike and something personal that may be related ? 6 days that’s it
JMO

I think they are hyper- focused on following the evidence.

I believe she was dead before Sunday, and this is why:

"The mother of two – who previously worked as a teacher in Indiana – was active on social media for the last time the day before she disappeared."

I am her age, and have a daughter and son as well in HS/UNI. My MD Sunday started on SM, looking at all the other proud mom's posts and the tributes from their children. If Suzanne was active on SM (as it appears to be), I would assume there would be SOME SM activity on MD.

You're doing great, IMO - but what do I know?

People use that phrase "the husband" when the narrative is going include: "His wife left him, so the husband got mad and..." Meaning, that the man is acting in some manner as a husband - perhaps a jilted one. It almost implies that there was another man, IMO. To my ear. As a Western US English speaker. I don't think I have a hinky meter, but I do grab clues from speech - and I'm probably totally wrong, but that's what I thought when I read your post.

Here, the nephew (TN) is referring to the missing as 'his aunt' so to me it doesn't follow that he would not also say 'my uncle' in the same breath.

I don't know about you but one of the first things I do when I join a missing person thread is google their name. And no surprise that SM's name appears in several Obituaries. You certainly don't have to sleuth a family (or violate TOS) to know that TN is in-fact the blood nephew of 'the husband.'

Perhaps this alone is what makes this 'the husband' so odd to me.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member