Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21

Last edited by a moderator:
Permission has never been given for members to sleuth BM. In fact, at least 20 Admin posts (I stopped counting at 20) have specifically stated NOT to do so. Members have been told they may "discuss" what is contained in MSM or other approved sources. This is different that "sleuthing".

If members can't comply with TOS and Admin reminders, permanent thread bans or a lengthy Time Out will be issued.

Members are responsible for previewing their posts to make sure they appear correctly. When one member posts a broken quote and it gets requoted over and over, eventually it becomes impossible to know who originally said what as the wrong words get attributed to another member. Not nice !

The word QUOTE in square brackets starts the quote and the /QUOTE in square brackets ends the quote. Those words or symbols in square brackets are commands, html language that determines how your post will appear.

When you click on Reply, always remember to NOT type anything inside those square brackets. DO NOT MESS WITH SQUARE BRACKETS ;) You can avoid them entirely by going past that last set of square brackets that contain the /QUOTE, drop down a line or two and type your response.

If you don’t know how to quote properly, please private message a Mod or Admin and we will walk you through it. We’d rather spend a few minutes doing that than spend time trying to clean up the mess it makes, or having to close a thread so it doesn’t get even worse.

Major thread cleanup was required.

Please stick to discussing the case itself and move on from bickering over opinions, credibility, who's right/wrong, who owes who an apology, etc. This type of dissension is not productive in the discussion.

Can we mention the elephant in that video? I'm not sure, since it is a rumor, but it's discussed in an approved source. Gonna report myself.

I haven't had time to check out the precise wording re the "elephant" ;)

TD took a video with Barry. Period. He is not an expert and if he is presenting unsubstantiated information about the girls, it is rumor and should not be relied on. Unless he can tell people how he knows that information, I think it should be taken with a large pinch of salt. If it's about the girls and is not in MSM or from LE, please do not discuss.

Let's just rely on what the experts in the video have to say.

Clear as mud? ;)

Please STOP asking for or posting links to documents related to the property that was searched.

If you wish to sleuth privately behind the scenes, that's fine, but do NOT post about it on this public thread. These homeowners are entitled to their privacy.

Posted by Lauren Scharf on her FB account as a follow up answer, the following statement from the housekeeper Lauren interviewed who says she saw the Morphews on Wed before MD.

The housekeeper didn’t want to go on camera as she had been cleaning the rental units in Morphews neighborhood.

Quoting:
Bridget Bulker (housekeeper)
"I went there (dumpster) it was late up in the evening and when I throw the thing over, she and her husband came to see who was throwing trash in there and I had like seven bags to throw in. They didn't know who I was. They asked why I was dumping? I said I manage properties up the road and they said oh okay! Now that we know who you are.

When I heard that she went missing, I said dang, I just talked to her a couple of days ago. People come and camp and they put things in the dumpster, so they were wondering if that was the case. That's all it is. They were going for a walk, on an evening walk."

When I asked if I could do an interview on camera she said NO I'm a mess... I've been cleaning. Can I report what you've said she replied yes.

"I think it was a Wednesday afternoon before she went missing. I had some guests that were here that had to leave because of corona. But then I came up here to take out all of the food that was inside, to take everything out. I was throwing things out because I didn't know so that's why I was there.

Those two is rental properties and their house and around here there are two people who live there. All of the people who live in this area are friendly. They'll talk to you because they all know each other. As I said, the dumpster they all pay for it. So it is a community. They all know each other."
End Quote.
There is no media link to post.

Lauren Schraf said that SM's family were asked not to talk to media. It's here.
Yes, I was aware that LS reported that.

My question is who told her ?
B/c a family member's say so does not mean that LE said it.
I realize it may or may not be splitting hairs; but is a legitimate question -- imo.
I'd rather hear LE saying that they've asked Suzanne's side of the family not to talk.
If they have, it's for a reason .
So either way it's terribly sad. :(

Yes, I was aware that LS reported that.

My question is who told her ?
B/c a family member's say so does not mean that LE said it.
I realize it may or may not be splitting hairs; but is a legitimate question -- imo.
I'd rather hear LE saying that they've asked Suzanne's side of the family not to talk.
If they have, it's for a reason .
So either way it's terribly sad. :(
No idea but whoever said it, I doubt they were saying that without reason. :)

Posted by Lauren Scharf on her FB account as a follow up answer, the following statement from the housekeeper Lauren interviewed who says she saw the Morphews on Wed before MD.

The housekeeper didn’t want to go on camera as she had been cleaning the rental units in Morphews neighborhood.

Quoting:
"I went there (dumpster) it was late up in the evening and when I throw the thing over, she and her husband came to see who was throwing trash in there and I had like seven bags to throw in. They didn't know who I was. They asked why I was dumping? I said I manage properties up the road and they said oh okay! Now that we know who you are.

When I heard that she went missing, I said dang, I just talked to her a couple of days ago. People come and camp and they put things in the dumpster, so they were wondering if that was the case. That's all it is. They were going for a walk, on an evening walk."

When I asked if I could do an interview on camera she said NO I'm a mess... I've been cleaning. Can I report what you've said she replied yes.

"I think it was a Wednesday afternoon before she went missing. I had some guests that were here that had to leave because of corona. But then I came up here to take out all of the food that was inside, to take everything out. I was throwing things out because I didn't know so that's why I was there.

Those two is rental properties and their house and around here there are two people who live there. All of the people who live in this area are friendly. They'll talk to you because they all know each other. As I said, the dumpster they all pay for it. So it is a community. They all know each other."
End Quote.
I wondered about this for a few minutes, when I first heard it.
Was this not directly behind their property, as large as it is? Maybe he's seen this woman before, or either of them, and he wanted to find out who was in the area.
100% speculation and MOO.

That's o.k.
I was agreeing with your comment when it changed.... :p

Imo, was there was an article saying the a family member said LE told them not to talk ?
I'll check back on the media thread but iirc, there was possibly a brief blip from a reporter saying she'd been told this by 'someone who talked with a family member', said family member wished to remain anonymous.
Very roundabout if this even happened.
It's not likely.

Possibly misconstrued and highly doubtful LE would do this.
They usually encourage people to speak up.

The main reason that Suzanne's side of the family is silent is that they know already.
And I think we know why BM is mute.

Some of us here need to stop posting it as fact -- and repeating several times still does not make it a verified fact.
Which is why we let it be known we're speculating. :rolleyes:
This may have been linked already but this article references family statements. ‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Quoting:

End Quote.
With 7 bags of trash, she may have put them in the trunk of her car and drove over to the dumpster. If that's the case that gives the appearance of someone driving from somewhere else to use their dumpster for free. I'm not surprised the Morphews walked up and asked who she was. Just guessing here as walking over with 7 bags would be more than one trip.

I am stunned that the neighbor claims that she does not remember which night it was. She stated something to the effect that ‘her memory is sharp but my hearing is going’. She knew it was on Mother’s Day weekend. She knew it was a huge news story and that LE conducted a large scale search of the property. I am not buying it, she knows which night she heard it.

IMO there are several reasons why she may have withheld this information.

Side note per LS interview;. “SM was seen later than we previously thought”.
Side note; “The neighbor saw a man and a woman”. If this is correct who was at the site?
Are you saying this neighbor lady is being untruthful? You say you aren’t buying it and she knows exactly which night she heard the noises. You say she knew it was a huge news story and that LE searched the property.

Do you actually think that her interview with LS is the first she has told anyone? You say that in your opinion there’s several reasons she withheld this information. Withheld from who? Law enforcement or media? What reasons?

The search of the property was 2 weeks after SM went missing. Why would this lady know to connect the noises to BM before the search? It sounds like you are saying she should have reported it right away. ( Before SM was even in the news.)

I can completely see myself looking back 2 weeks ago and not remembering if I heard something on a Friday night or Saturday night, but being 100% sure of the weekend it happened.

I’m just wondering why you don’t believe her account.
JMO

Who Asked/Told?
No idea but whoever said it, I doubt they were saying that without reason. :)
@marylamby
I agree w ^ "I doubt they were saying that without reason."
Likely imo they were asked (by someone) not to talk to the media.
Who asked/told them that?
Maybe LE? I do not know of a reason why LE would ask fam of MisPers not to talk to media.
Maybe BM? I can think of possible reasons BM would ask SM's fam not to talk to media.
imo. moo. jmo.

Who Asked/Told?
@marylamby
I agree w ^ "I doubt they were saying that without reason."
Likely imo they were asked (by someone) not to talk to the media.
Who asked/told them that?
Maybe LE? I do not know of a reason why LE would ask fam of MisPers not to talk to media.
Maybe BM? I can think of possible reasons BM would ask SM's fam not to talk to media.
imo. moo. jmo.

You could absolutely be right but that wasn't my impression.
I believe it was LE. Almost positive but would have to review. Check out LS vids, especially the live one where she's answering viewer's questions.

MOO I can understand why the extended family is in the dark regarding particulars of the case. And I can also understand why LE asked the family not to share any information with reporters that could impede the investigation. But one thing I am pretty sure of is that LE would not let a family not ask the public for help or keep the name of the victim out of msm. The only reason I can come up for their silence is that LE told the family that SM may be deceased.

So many theories! Reminds me of PF. He over thought it and tried to make it look like TOO many things, off to visit sick grandmother, ran off with a lover in a plane, killed herself because he gave her gun back. Too many trails that lead right back to him. I’m confident all trails will lead back to BM as well. JMHO

However, even for a piece.. like PF, we see family members openly supporting him, if to the degree of bending the narrative, who later don’t abandon him, either. In SM’s case, dead silence, from both sides. What is it?

MOO I can understand why the extended family is in the dark regarding particulars of the case. And I can also understand why LE asked the family not to share any information with reporters that could impede the investigation. But one thing I am pretty sure of is that LE would not let a family not ask the public for help or keep the name of the victim out of msm. The only reason I can come up for their silence is that LE told the family that SM may be deceased.
Unfortunately, I think you may be right. That or they themselves believe it to be true and are heeding LE's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson