Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Barry Morphew has been criticized for making too few public appearances. However, I'd be willing to bet that had he made "too many"
public appearances, he would be criticized for doing so. He's been taken to task -- both on WS and elsewhere -- for offering a $200,000 reward for Suzanne's safe return, supposedly because the "safe return" requirement is some sort of strategic loophole on Barry's part.

I get it: the guy is unlikable. So what? Until there's actual evidence linking him to Suzanne's disappearance, in my mind he's not guilty of anything except for not living up to our expectations of how a loving husband should behave when his wife disappears.

Maybe real evidence will be produced showing that Barry Morphew is involved. Until then, I'll keep an open mind & listen to alternative theories.
After the Kelsey Bereth budgeoning murder, I have no doubt CO's LE have the evidence they need.

When this goes to trial, and it will, it will give SM justice...

Maybe I'm missing something, but does the noise ordinance really matter? What matters, to me, is that whatever was turned on was loud, and it was during the night. It woke at least one neighbor up. Running heavy equipment at night is unusual, and potentially significant.
^^bbm

I don't think it mattered until a witness came forward with info about loud noise late at night, and one tries to make sense of her recollection because running heavy equipment at night is unusual, and potentially significant.

And when it becomes apparent that the witness, [MB]that lives off of County Road 105 on the east side of Salida is really not sure of the noise source, it does not help!

For example, MB first believed it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway. As vehicles are left running in driveways daily, does this even matter?

But when the witness provides maybe it was heavy equipment, and she [MB ]did ask the construction workers if they left keys in the equipment, you wonder which equipment, and who did it belong to.

You wonder why experienced, licensed contractors would engage in such practice.

You wonder if it's allowed, or a violation of governing rules.

And when you learn it's not allowed, you post why, the authority, and the link (i.e., noise ordinance).

Now you can check for any citations pursuant to the authority, and if the offender has any connection to the property.

It should end there.

MOO

ETA: When it doesn't, roll and scroll. :)

Neighbors want answers two months into Chaffee County woman’s disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

I do understand why a lot of people have latched onto the "continue to cooperate" comment. However, if (a) Barry Morphew was my client and (b) I saw that investigators were focusing on my client from the get-go (rightly or wrongly), I would've advised my client to say nothing and not be of any assistance to police.
That is what good defence attys do.
Not all listen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads