Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why the impression that the conduct of construction and private contractor's construction schedules can disregard the law, or in this case, disregard the Municipal Code of Salida

Beginning work around midnight is inexplicable, and without the site owner's express permission would constitute trespass.

Thank you for the copypasta of the entire Salida noise ordinance code. Unfortunately it really has nothing to do with my post.

For the record, I never talked about time of day or creating noise that goes against a jurisdiction's code.

My answer to @FromGermany's question, about working on Mother's Day/Sunday and why someone might do that even if it wasn't a regular workday, was really about project management practices and specifically the need to remove any excess time to stay on schedule when one milestone is due before the next can begin. That's all I was commenting on, and nothing else, certainly not about what day/days work should/should not be done or what times. (Obviously any rules, ordinances, laws would have to be followed, that's just common sense). People in I.T., as an example, end up working weekends they weren't planning to work; I said this happens in lots of industries where schedules can be tight and it doesn't only happen in construction.

IMO

Last edited:
Minus any report and citation issued by the CCSO, they got a lucky break. IMO, they would have likely received a warning.
Yes, at the very least. What follows is speculation on my part but what if BM also had SM body which he was transporting to her temporary resting place somewhere between Salida and Denver that morning? Rhetorical question MOO, total speculation.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll see an arrest on their upcoming wedding anniversary.

I'm sure it would give BM some measure of comfort, knowing the person responsible for SM's disappearance had been apprehended.

Amirite?!

JMO.
I’m just hoping for ANY news at this point, BUT an arrest would be awesome!

JMO

LOVE the avatar btw!

Because that warning doesn’t tend to mean a hell of a lot. Letecia Stauch was never called a suspect, and investigators maintained that it was merely a “missing persons investigation.

We saw the same in the Kelsey Berreth case.

We were told that CSI teams being at the house was standard practice, and that we shouldn’t read anything into it.

Not naming a suspect or POI seems to be standard these days.

So their words mean nothing to me, especially when those words deviate from their actions.

Actions that I find to be incredibly telling.

Yes, but -- again, as I've stated before -- because we know not the bases of their searches, the idea that they may be "targeting" Barry Morphew is an assumption. It's a reasonable assumption but it's not based on any legally relevant facts.

Another possibility that has been mentioned before is if her bike had something wrong with it that made it unrideable and required fixing from a bike shop like Scots.

Something like a broken derailleur where the gears would not shift. It would not be obvious to someone that the bike was broken unless they tried to ride the bike a little ways. All would look normal to them.

So if the bike shop had to order a part and told her he would call her when the part came in, then that could have been the thing that made LE realize the bike scene was staged.

Due to Covid, bike shops are very busy and they would likely not want to store the bike at the shop if the owner could just bring it back when parts come in.

I could easily see a perp making a mistake like this thinking the bike was in good working order when it may not have been.
BBM: Exactly!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I know some people from trailer parks.

Usually, two groups of people live in trailer parks:

a) people like you and me, but not having enough money to afford the cost of property in our neighborhoods, who want their kids to have better lives and attend good schools

b) people who have substance abuse issues. They are at a higher risk for property crime, so robbing the house while SM was away, yes. Abducting SM - why? Even human trafficking usually includes women (and men) with the same issues. Young kids are a different group, but abducting well-off woman close to 50 is a problem and nothing else.
Maybe a SK, but a low chance.

ETA: the chance of the perpetrator being from the RV camper site is statistically the same as any of SM’s neighbors. MOO
First and foremost, RV parks and Trailer parks are not even close to being the same thing.

For me, since I’m an ID junkie, all I expect is accuracy. If I wanted fake news, there’s plenty of other options. I normally hold ID to a higher standard.

I doubt they’re through with this case. I think they’re probably in CYA mode at the moment.

JMO
For me, since I’m an ID junkie, all I expect is accuracy. If I wanted fake news, there’s plenty of other options. I normally hold ID to a higher standard.

I doubt they’re through with this case. I think they’re probably in CYA mode at the moment.

I don't know why only one other person pointed out that they posted unconfirmed info. I don't mind calling them out. I'm good at being a fall guy. I looked at my Twitter feed and my response was still in my stuff even though the original tweet had been deleted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-165757_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-165757_Twitter.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 84
Thank you for all your good information. Since you are from Indiana, do you know the Morphew family?
I’m in Southern Indiana. My heart really goes out to everyone who knew Suzanne. It appears she was a lovely lady, inside and out.

No, I do not know the Morphews, but -- like you -- I was struck by the tragedy of a loving wife & mother disappearing on Mother's Day.

NO fingerprints on the bike! Then why did BM testily say at least 10 people touched it? He was not happy about that and I would not have been either.
It's always interesting when no fingerprints are found, especially no even the rider of the bike's fingerprints, meaning someone wiped the bike free of fingerprints prior to disposing of the bike.

Thank you for the copypasta of the entire Salida noise ordinance code. Unfortunately it really has nothing to do with my post.

For the record, I never talked about time of day or creating noise that goes against a jurisdiction's code.

My answer to @FromGermany's question, about working on Mother's Day/Sunday and why someone might do that even if it wasn't a regular workday, was really about project management practices and specifically the need to remove any excess time to stay on schedule when one milestone is due before the next can begin. That's all I was commenting on, and nothing else, certainly not about what day/days work should/should not be done or what times. (Obviously any rules, ordinances, laws would have to be followed, that's just common sense). People in I.T., as an example, end up working weekends they weren't planning to work; I said this happens in lots of industries where schedules can be tight and it doesn't only happen in construction.

IMO
The purpose of my post was to make clear that the entire state of Colorado is entitled to standards that will eliminate and reduce unnecessary and excessive noise which is physically harmful and otherwise detrimental to individuals and the community in the enjoyment of life, property and the conduct of business, AND absent any local rule, the state law of the land will provide the standard.

IMO, posts were trending with the implication there was no rule preventing loud construction equipment during late-night hours.

I've since learned the subject property is not under the jurisdiction of Salida and therefore the Municipal Code for the City not applicable. Nonetheless, the Chaffee County rule for noise is equivalent to the noise rules pursuant to the Colorado Revised Statutes.

@Madeleine74, please do not be offended by the inclusion of a noise statute in this discussion. Your posts are intelligent and I'm hopeful you will share the applicable law of the land when you see fit. Thank you.

My suspicions of BM have a heck of a lot more to do with his own actions (and lack thereof) than anything the CCSO has said or done.
But searching the house and digging up HIS job site, seizing his phone and his truck, yeah... that's certainly not something to ignore either.

Well, Barry Morphew has been criticized for making too few public appearances. However, I'd be willing to bet that had he made "too many"
public appearances, he would be criticized for doing so. He's been taken to task -- both on WS and elsewhere -- for offering a $200,000 reward for Suzanne's safe return, supposedly because the "safe return" requirement is some sort of strategic loophole on Barry's part.

I get it: the guy is unlikable. So what? Until there's actual evidence linking him to Suzanne's disappearance, in my mind he's not guilty of anything except for not living up to our expectations of how a loving husband should behave when his wife disappears.

Maybe real evidence will be produced showing that Barry Morphew is involved. Until then, I'll keep an open mind & listen to alternative theories.

So, we have friends that own and travel in motor homes, some others pull trailers and some pull 5th wheels. Then there's trailer parks where people actually live and mobile home parks where the mobile homes are on a foundation.
Alas, people always seem confused about the difference between RVs and mobile homes and motor homes. There are "trailer parks" which consists of mobile homes,(not driveable, nor can be towed down the highway but are set up permanently on a lot in a mobile home park. Then, there are campgrounds, RV resorts, RV parks where RVs are parked temporarily that are towed such as travel trailers, or driven, such as motorhomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia