Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BM did not love SM. Fell out of love a long time ago. But he did not plan to get rid of her. Until something changed in his life, and the changes could have been accruing for a while.

I think that he hoped she might not make it, just because of the ease of getting all the money, but she did.

From some Italian movies - remember a husband dreaming of getting rid of a wife (as divorce is out of question), and dreaming, "why can't a bumblebee hurt her? And she'd die of allergy?" Or, "why can't Mafia kill her by mistake?" (I think the movie is called "Italian divorce", or something like it).

I can only imagine someone thinking, "why can't she have an accident on her bike?" Or "What about a lion?", this explains why so many theories...

Strictly MOO.
For some strange reason the movie Where's Poppa just popped up into my head. If no one knows what it was check out the trailer for the movie. It's a classic directed by Carl Reiner starring Ruth Gordon and George Segal Talk about daydreaming on how to get rid of someone.

TD the adventurer actually DID show the correct location of the bike at least twice, and he showed the correct location to our favorite reporter. The video is very confusing, starting and stopping at odd times; and TD himself seems confused most of the time to me. I studied the video extensively, watching the angle of the sun throughout to determine compass directions. Basically, TD and BM met just south of the Fooses Creek bridge on CR 225, then walked straight north back across the South Arkansas River bridge, turned due east to walk a short distance up the hill toward US Hwy 50, and stopped above where the bike was found by LE. BM had left his truck at the “Y” with his mother riding in it. She followed them driving the truck, and backed it into the access road to the Colorado Trail head on the west side of CR 225 . After seeing where the bike was found, BM and TD walked back down to where she had parked the truck before the video ended. (My previous posts in this thread about the bike location are incorrect)
Here are they key moments from the video:

(A) 11 seconds. Opening shot showing June 1, 2020 video date, looking due south on CR 225 with the South Arkansas River bridge ahead. Tree shadows on the road clearly indicate the sun is shining from the east.

(B) 46 seconds. TD walking southward on CR 225 with sun illuminating the east side of his face (right side in screen shot).

(C) 5 min 28 sec. First meeting BLM, who was facing north on CR 225 with sun on the east side of BM’s face (left side in screen shot).

(D) 5 min 32 sec. BM turning to walk southward on CR 225. The sun fully on his face, and the shadows across the road indicate that he is facing due east at that instant. Fooses Creek bridge is behind BM, indicating that BM and TD are south of the bridge at this moment.

(E) 5 min 38 sec. BM’s truck on CR 225. Tree shadows on road indicate the truck is facing due north, beginning to cross the South Arkansas River bridge. BM’s mother is obviously driving, and following BM and TD as they walk.

(F) 6 min 4 sec. BM stopping on CR 225 to show location of bike. Sun is shining directly behind BM, indicating BM is looking southward from CR 225. The number of steps taken by BM confirm that TD showed LS the correct spot of the bike, and she in turn showed it correctly to the Profiling Evil pair.

(G) 7 min 28 sec. BM says he is motioning due west with his right arm, while sun is behind him. He is standing on the access road to the Colorado Trail, facing the trail head. TB has his back to the trail head, and is facing east looking into the sun while BM speaks. (So the personal item was found west of CR 225, most likely neat Hwy 50)

Attachments

• A Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    A Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    346.4 KB · Views: 33
  • B Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    B Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    326.8 KB · Views: 30
  • C Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    C Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    387.3 KB · Views: 36
  • D Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    D Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew (2).png
    325.3 KB · Views: 30
  • E Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew.png
    E Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew.png
    288.6 KB · Views: 31
  • F Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew.png
    F Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 29
  • G Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew.png
    G Screenshot_2020-07-24 Barry Morphew.png
    315.1 KB · Views: 28
SM was spotted on Wednesday by the cleaning lady.
Was SM confirmed to have picked up food on Friday evening/night downtown Salida?
IF, IF she was missing earlier than Sunday and IF she did pick up food and IF it was BM at that jobsite, well, that doesn't leave a huge timeline. I understand he may have been doing a job late so does that mean the job should have been completed Friday and wasn't? I know that he would have had all day Saturday to tie up loose ends if it was him. IF, NOT saying just thinking of scenarios. Moo

Who Told Anyone Not to Talk to Media?
@BeckyF Thanks for your post & link.
Briefly, reading link I do not see stmt about LE asking/telling anyone not to talk but may have missed it.
"I have a feeling someone told him not to talk" * is not equivalent to "LE told [SM fam or relative] not to talk."
A quote from article please? Thx in adv.

Not so briefly.
LS's article does not say: LE said to LS that LE asked/told SM's relative (or anyone) not to talk to media.
LS's article does not say: SM's relative said LE asked/told her/SM's relative not to talk to media.
LS's article does not say: SM's relative said LE asked/told BM's nephew not to talk to media.
LS's article does not say: BM's nephew said to LS that LE asked/told him (BM's nephew) not to talk w media.
LS's article does not say: SM relative said BM's nephew asked/told her/SM's relative not to talk to media.
Quote from relative, in article:
*“
I have a feeling someone told him not to talk,” the relative said about Trevor Noel’s recent silence." bbm
jmo moo

MOO I can understand why the extended family is in the dark regarding particulars of the case. And I can also understand why LE asked the family not to share any information with reporters that could impede the investigation. But one thing I am pretty sure of is that LE would not let a family not ask the public for help or keep the name of the victim out of msm. The only reason I can come up for their silence is that LE told the family that SM may be deceased.

I can't count how many trials I have seen where children have supported a parent who is on trial for killing one of their parents. Usually when there has never been obvious abuse that they have witnessed, they reject all evidence and motive. They have lost one parent to murder which is devastating, and I can understand how they are in denial and can't face losing their other parent to a life sentence in prison.

It is hard to actually know who told the kids not to speak to the media. Certainly their dad's video didn't get positive feed back. Maybe he warned them not to speak--maybe LE warned them. Regardless, I can't even imagine what the girls and family are going through.

Are you saying this neighbor lady is being untruthful? You say you aren’t buying it and she knows exactly which night she heard the noises. You say she knew it was a huge news story and that LE searched the property.

Do you actually think that her interview with LS is the first she has told anyone? You say that in your opinion there’s several reasons she withheld this information. Withheld from who? Law enforcement or media? What reasons?

The search of the property was 2 weeks after SM went missing. Why would this lady know to connect the noises to BM before the search? It sounds like you are saying she should have reported it right away. ( Before SM was even in the news.)

I can completely see myself looking back 2 weeks ago and not remembering if I heard something on a Friday night or Saturday night, but being 100% sure of the weekend it happened.

I’m just wondering why you don’t believe her account.
JMO
I wasn't filled with confidence at her recollection....were there any other houses around there ? were the occupants asked whether they heard anything?

Last edited:
I understand Suzanne’s family not wanting to talk to the press. She has been missing since Mother’s Day, why not have the press conference with the sheriffs office and a family member pleading to the public if anyone having information on the disappearance in Suzanne please call the sheriffs office. JMO

I think that relatives know more about BM’s private life than we think. And they abstain from commenting or being interviewed, as such obvious questions might be asked in the course of the interview. They simply don’t want other information to pop out. MOO

MOO again. Possibly, that potential “someone” exists, but is in no way implicated in SM’s disappearance, so they don’t want to spoil an innocent person’s life.

Or, there are concerns that someone else besides BM is heavily involved. And then the case is larger than we think.

I do hope we shall find out.

TD the adventurer actually DID show the correct location of the bike at least twice, and he showed the correct location to our favorite reporter. The video is very confusing, starting and stopping at odd times; and TD himself seems confused most of the time to me. I studied the video extensively, watching the angle of the sun throughout to determine compass directions. Basically, TD and BM met just south of the Fooses Creek bridge on CR 225, then walked straight north back across the South Arkansas River bridge, turned due east to walk a short distance up the hill toward US Hwy 50, and stopped above where the bike was found by LE. BM had left his truck at the “Y” with his mother riding in it. She followed them driving the truck, and backed it into the access road to the Colorado Trail head on the west side of CR 225 . After seeing where the bike was found, BM and TD walked back down to where she had parked the truck before the video ended. (My previous posts in this thread about the bike location are incorrect)
Here are they key moments from the video:

(A) 11 seconds. Opening shot showing June 1, 2020 video date, looking due south on CR 225 with the South Arkansas River bridge ahead. Tree shadows on the road clearly indicate the sun is shining from the east.

(B) 46 seconds. TD walking southward on CR 225 with sun illuminating the east side of his face (right side in screen shot).

(C) 5 min 28 sec. First meeting BLM, who was facing north on CR 225 with sun on the east side of BM’s face (left side in screen shot).

(D) 5 min 32 sec. BM turning to walk southward on CR 225. The sun fully on his face, and the shadows across the road indicate that he is facing due east at that instant. Fooses Creek bridge is behind BM, indicating that BM and TD are south of the bridge at this moment.

(E) 5 min 38 sec. BM’s truck on CR 225. Tree shadows on road indicate the truck is facing due north, beginning to cross the South Arkansas River bridge. BM’s mother is obviously driving, and following BM and TD as they walk.

(F) 6 min 4 sec. BM stopping on CR 225 to show location of bike. Sun is shining directly behind BM, indicating BM is looking southward from CR 225. The number of steps taken by BM confirm that TD showed LS the correct spot of the bike, and she in turn showed it correctly to the Profiling Evil pair.

(G) 7 min 28 sec. BM says he is motioning due west with his right arm, while sun is behind him. He is standing on the access road to the Colorado Trail, facing the trail head. TB has his back to the trail head, and is facing east looking into the sun while BM speaks. (So the personal item was found west of CR 225, most likely neat Hwy 50)

that's a really interesting video because there you have BM talking freely to someone about what happened. He didn't seem particularly nervous to me, interesting that he mentioned the girls were running late that day , so they should have been with their mum earlier on that day? if someone was planning this on that day it seems odd if the girls were due there?

the neighbour spotted the bike gone, so it was an assumption she had gone out on her bike not that she was seen going out on her bike?

police have contaminated the scene , pretty incredible if it's true that they moved that bike!

it's plausible she had an accident and was swept away down the creek, it's not impossible imo and there is that mark on the sign/barrier which indicates it was hit , I wonder if it had already been like that , if anyone knows about that?

she could well have come off her bike at that point on that bend going pretty fast, I wonder if it's possible to do an experiment to see what happens if a bike comes down that part and hits that sign , where would the bike and person end up? be good to see a drawing of that sign in relation to where the bike was found, in any event if they have found an "article " of hers some distance away that kind of puts scupper to the accident theory ?

would a guilty person be searching for his wife with his mother and chatting so freely with someone he meets out there? that doesn't seem likely ? he seems more genuine here than in his pre recorded video.

also why the heck add piano music to that video , was so annoying! especially when trying to hear exactly what BM said!

Commit Crime; Avoid Violating Religious Principle?
Posts upthread discussed how some religions seem to foster members living in a rather insular manner from others in the community. That reminded me of an incident years ago that made big news in a small state capital city. A 45-ish y/o man was arrested for shoplifting a bottle of booze. How did that merit print and broadcast coverage?
Well, Dr. X was not only the state director of a state department
(ElHi education? iirc) and member of a religion prohibiting alcohol consumption, he was also a respected member of his congregation, a deacon/elder (or equiv), Sunday school teacher, etc. After the arrest, ppl said - wow, he feared a fellow parishioner seeing him buy liquor & spreading word about it, so he stole the booze instead paying?!? He was so focused on avoiding a blemish on his reputation in church, he committed a crime (albeit a relatively minor one), rather than paying, an he thought no one
would be the wiser, not the store, LE, or his fellow believers.

A parallel w this case? Thinking he'd get away w it, did a man kill his wife as better choice than divorce, viewed harshly if not forbidden by his religion? Did he think himself being beyond reproach or above suspicion? IDK. If true, so sad.
{{{ETA: Seems fellow congregants would find in easier in their hearts to forgive drinking alcohol or a divorce, more so than killing a human, esp'ly spouse. my2 cts}}

Stealing booze puts one in trouble with secular laws, as in religion, there is always the path to repent and pray. So I wonder if the preacher was simply not OK, because a normal teetotaler, so eager to drink, would have walked into the store to test own strength, failed as any human, then publicly repented and even gained points with the church.

Likewise, I believe that killing a partner has more to do with secular laws of property division upon divorce than fear of being castigated by brothers in the faith. As repentant sinner is always welcomed, and if remarried, can change the congregation.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the sibling of Suzanne's who traveled to Colorado did not know where the daughters were? Since we now know the girls were with their father, who did the sibling contact in Colorado? Did the sibling quarantine for the mandated two weeks? Was the sibling in contact with LE? JMO

Who Told Anyone Not to Talk to Media?
@BeckyF Thanks for your post & link.
Briefly, reading link I do not see stmt about LE asking/telling anyone not to talk but may have missed it.
"I have a feeling someone told him not to talk" * is not equivalent to "LE told [SM fam or relative] not to talk."
A quote from article please? Thx in adv.

Not so briefly.
LS's article does not say: LE said to LS that LE asked/told SM's relative (or anyone) not to talk to media.
LS's article does not say: SM's relative said LE asked/told her/SM's relative not to talk to media.
LS's article does not say: SM's relative said LE asked/told BM's nephew not to talk to media.
LS's article does not say: BM's nephew said to LS that LE asked/told him (BM's nephew) not to talk w media.
LS's article does not say: SM relative said BM's nephew asked/told her/SM's relative not to talk to media.
Quote from relative, in article:
*“
I have a feeling someone told him not to talk,” the relative said about Trevor Noel’s recent silence." bbm
jmo moo
I’m not so sure what you are asking me for. Can you narrow it down?

I am stunned that the neighbor does not remember which night it was. She stated something to the effect that her memory is sharp but my hearing is going’. She knew it was on Mother’s Day weekend. I am not buying it, she knows which night she heard it.
Neighbor says that night before Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew went missing, she heard ‘loud noise’ from her husband’s construction site
The neighbor of the Colorado construction site where Barry worked, Mary Branson, told Fox 21 News Right Now about the noise she heard late on May 9 — the night before the mom of Barry’s two daughters went missing.

‘At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something, but no, it kept running,’ Branson told Fox 21 on Friday.

Neighbor says the night before mom-of-two Suzanne Morphew was reported missing she was woken by a loud noise coming from the construction site where her husband had been working

He was told it would hurt the investigation if he said anything. I think it's time he says "hey sheriff we need to talk to the public, we need to plead for Suzanne's return". (she might return, think Jayme Closs, Ohio women) to show, we are real people, we are hurting very much, we need her back".
Do you have a link to him being told it would hurt the investigation?

I don’t care if you’re an introvert. I don’t care if you are a private person. If your loved one disappears, how in God’s name does any of that even matter?

Doesn’t it go out the window?

Don’t you put that aside?

Don’t you do everything you can to find your wife?

What occurred here is contrary to both human nature, and every similar missing person’s case ever.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a link to him being told it would hurt the investigation?

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

“I have a feeling someone told him not to talk,” the relative said about Trevor Noel’s recent silence. During the first week of the investigation, Noel told local media outlets that police had recovered Suzanne Morphew’s bike, and Suzanne’s relative believes police did not want that information leaked.

The source said that Suzanne’s family has received very little specific information about the investigation. Of the relatives who are in central Colorado, “if they are told not to say anything, they don’t,” the relative said.

“We are as much in the dark as anyone else, because they don’t want information getting out there that might hurt the case. It’s hard to wait and watch and wonder what’s happening,” they said, adding that the situation was “surreal” for Suzanne’s family members.

Neighbor says that night before Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew went missing, she heard ‘loud noise’ from her husband’s construction site
The neighbor of the Colorado construction site where Barry worked, Mary Branson, told Fox 21 News Right Now about the noise she heard late on May 9 — the night before the mom of Barry’s two daughters went missing.

‘At the very first I thought it was a truck or something maybe parked in my driveway or something, but no, it kept running,’ Branson told Fox 21 on Friday.

Neighbor says the night before mom-of-two Suzanne Morphew was reported missing she was woken by a loud noise coming from the construction site where her husband had been working
Good catch! Up to this point, all we've been hearing is "Mother's Day weekend". This narrows it down to Saturday night.

I always wondered if the rumors in the beginning were based in truth. I waffle between BM planning this, all the way down to posting about his incredible wife to keep eyes off him as a suspect weeks before, to Suzanne finding out he was having an affair and threatening to divorce him and he snapped, to someone in their lives being the perpetrator. Mostly BM losing it.

Just Speculation...
It’s Mother’s Day evening and BM is driving home from Denver. Even before BM’s arrival, LE already has their suspicions. Officers are instructed not to share any details with him. BM arrives at the bike recovery scene. LE asks him to identify the bike and he does. BM has lots of questions for LE but LE won’t tell him anything. BM becomes frustrated and upset. He knows some of the officers and they’re not sharing anything with him. BM feels like he should be garnering sympathy and instead he’s sensing that LE considers him a primary suspect. BM hires an attorney. His attorney advises him that he is not obligated to speak to the media or anyone for that matter; however, you might want to consider doing a video statement or something. BM, with the help of his nephew put together a 27 second video plea. The plea is not received well and the public roasts him. BM says I’m not doing that again. Attorney says just keep your mouth shut.
MOO

I don’t care if you’re an introvert. I don’t care if you are a private person. If your loved one disappears, how in God’s name does any of that even matter?

Doesn’t it go out the window?

Don’t you put that aside?

Don’t you do everything you can to find your wife?

IMO

- If you're an introvert and/or do not want to interact with the media, you do your part working with LE, early and often and as much as needed, which is the most vital part in a case. You sit for as many interviews as they want.

- If search & rescue or search & recovery organizations are brought in, you work with them or help them in whatever ways you can.

- If you're an introvert and/or do not want to interact with the media, you need at least one person to work with the media on a daily and weekly basis to provide updates and ideally you need a few people. The public needs to be fed often and in large quantities, and utilizing multiple media outlets and platforms is important. Your media coordinators must be able to manage TV appearances, press conferences, setup & manage social media pages. The case must be elevated for attention and kept fresh.

- If you're an introvert and/or do not want to interact with the media, you need to at least attend a press conference or two where you stand with and by LE as they do the talking. Additional family members are helpful to join the conference. The wider community and case followers need LE to update and reassure that the case is a priority, that numerous resources are being utilized, that LE is not just giving up.

- The communities nearby and case followers in general need visual signs and be reminded of the missing person and how to report info, leads, and tips to LE. Flyers, banners, balloons, ribbons are all reminders. People need prayer vigils, candles, given a list of ways to help, be called upon to get involved, see the family members, provide comfort and come together as a community.

/IMO

Last edited:
Just Speculation...
It’s Mother’s Day evening and BM is driving home from Denver. Even before BM’s arrival, LE already has their suspicions. Officers are instructed not to share any details with him. BM arrives at the bike recovery scene. LE asks him to identify the bike and he does. BM has lots of questions for LE but LE won’t tell him anything. BM becomes frustrated and upset. He knows some of the officers and they’re not sharing anything with him. BM feels like he should be garnering sympathy and instead he’s sensing that LE considers him a primary suspect. BM hires an attorney. His attorney advises him that he is not obligated to speak to the media or anyone for that matter; however, you might want to consider doing a video statement or something. BM, with the help of his nephew put together a 27 second video plea. The plea is not received well and the public roasts him. BM says I’m not doing that again. Attorney says just keep your mouth shut.
MOO
I realize this is just speculation and I can see it happening like this. I'm still wondering how the nephew knew about the bike and spoke to the media about it. (BM knew about it in such a scenario as you propose above?) I also still wonder how BM found out about the bike and the location. Was he there at the scene with LE? Did LE pick up the bike after processing the scene and drove over to the home and asked him to ID the bike? Would LE bring a family or friend to what might be a crime scene? Or did LE not suspect a crime at that point and didn't consider it a crime scene? Since LE has not even acknowledged finding the bike, these are all unanswered questions at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia