Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My suspicions of BM have a heck of a lot more to do with his own actions (and lack thereof) than anything the CCSO has said or done.
But searching the house and digging up HIS job site, seizing his phone and his truck, yeah... that's certainly not something to ignore either.

Minor point, and I may have missed it, but I don't recall it being said specifically that his truck and cell phone were "seized", only that LE had them. Just paints a different picture when perhaps he turned them over willingly.

Not sure what colour his truck is but in the photo where BM is seen possibly tying his shoe (?) he is beside a black truck. In the TD video interview with BM, he was driving a black truck. Just pointing out that he has access to a vehicle, whether his own truck was returned to him, or possibly a loaner or rental.

BBM:

Aha!

Looks like ID has pulled their (erroneous) report from Twitter.
Guess they didn't have any inside sources after all.

Not that I ever thought they did.

When MSM news sources get their info wrong, they should issue corrections, not simply delete their tweets and hope nobody notices.

Good on LS for calling them out on it, too!

I think we'd all love to know who their "sources" were of the (false) report that BM was cleared by LE.

JMO.
BAM!!!!!

I listened to that TD interview several times. BM mumbles that “he has been cleared”. He did not say it clearly or confidentially.
My thoughts. MOO

1.He barely mumbled because he knew that he has not been cleared and he was suddenly questioning if he should say this.

2.He knew he was being recorded.

3. He was using this opportunity to sell his case to the public.
I most certainly agree with points 1 and 3. I’m not sold on BM knowing he was being recorded, but he was certainly counting on TD to tell/sell his “story/stories” in the same fashion as he has used his nephew, SM’s cousin and his good friend TS to further direct attention away from himself.

It isn’t working well for him :)

Earlier post by JnRyan post #287 thread 20...

More of our conflicting info. The sheriff stated "items" plural - I definitely heard that in the video. Lauren Scharf in her most recent video asked (CBI spokesperson?) if it was an "item", singular or "items", plural. The response she got was that it was definitely "item" singular. Lauren also noted that it was interesting that the CBI is correcting info previously stated by the sheriff.
Maybe the Sheriff initially said items because they found her bike plus one other item.
Then again, maybe he misspoke.

I thought that news conference was very good though, which makes me think he meant just what he said.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I have been called a "defender" of Barry Morphew, but I'm not enamored of the guy. I don't know him personally.

That being said, I am bewildered by the fact that so many people suspect him -- and use investigators' actions with respect to him as justification for doing so -- while at the same time seemingly ignore investigators' warning that nobody has been ruled in or out.
Thank you for all your good information. Since you are from Indiana, do you know the Morphew family?
I’m in Southern Indiana. My heart really goes out to everyone who knew Suzanne. It appears she was a lovely lady, inside and out.

Maybe the Sheriff initially said items because they found her bike plus one other item.

I thought that news conference was very good though, which makes me think he meant just what he said.

My thought had been ear buds-Suzanne did have AirPods, I believe. If you found wired ear buds, would that be a singular or plural item? If it was one AirPod, is that singular? If it was both, singular or plural? LE has not given any hints on what the item/s might be.

BBM:

I think that's it right there.

Items plural = SM's Bike + One Other Item belonging to SM.

JMO.

Our family is quickly approaching the one year anniversary of my husband's passing due to cancer. Had he been "missing" we all would have been shouting in every direction until he was found, hoping to let everyone know he was missing, tirelessly turning over every proverbial stone.

It has taken me so long to come up with the word that IMO describes BM.

DISENGAGED

He is not passionately looking for the answer to, "Where is my wife?"

<modsnip>
IMO

If it was an abduction why didn't LE issue a warning?
They never issued a warning to the public.

Not saying it is the case here but to address the question generally, I would say if an abduction was thought to be random, a warning would most likely be issued. If an abduction was targeted however, a warning would not likely be issued as there is no threat to the community at large.

No. In the ID video, as the neighbor's complaint is referenced at 1:57/2:56, night video is shown of what is clearly a Caterpillar 777 mining truck. The 750 hp engine of those babies can make a helluva racket, especially at 11:30 pm or 3:00 am on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night; and I sure wouldn't want to take any chance on those 11 foot diameter tires running over my manicured lawn. My theory is that the operator realized he/she might be in the wrong place at the wrong time, not to mention the fact that the 777 has no headlights or taillights, so said driver pulled out and vamoosed before he/she got a ticket. That's my theory, based on the well researched ID presentation, and I'm sticking to it (for now). IMO
https://twitter.com/discoveryid?lang=en
Followed your twitter link to see what OP referencing as fact but I don't find any video tweet about SM. Could it be ID actually removed this erroneous, tweeted video?!!

She was being a watchful neighbor, concerned about what was going on at the construction site out-of-hours, and she was interviewed by police after reporting this.
LE is the best placed to know whether or not MB "embellished" her story and they'll be able to do that by comparing what she said during police interviews with subsequently reported comments.
^^sbbm
Reporter LS recently corrected this assumption that the neighbor (MB) contacted LE to report the noise. MB never contacted LE to report the noise. She told them about what she heard mother's day weekend when LE canvassing the neighborhood.

Not saying it is the case here but to address the question generally, I would say if an abduction was thought to be random, a warning would most likely be issued. If an abduction was targeted however, a warning would not likely be issued as there is no threat to the community at large.

Excellent point and I agree but to me it would still follow that a BOLO poster with Suzanne's info would be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia