Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? He got his story out and he didn't have to face any tough, probing questions.

It's about the only direct evidence we have of BM's thought process on his wife's being missing, since as far as I know he has not been out shouting on SocM theories trying to control the narrative and influence LE or public opinion.
He did get his story out, but it did not have the desired outcome. I think the conversation hurt him.

i just saw this on fb, posted by profiling evil. an additional body was recovered (today?) about 2 hours east of salida. still no ID on the body found yesterday. here's the post:

ETA: *this article was posted late yesterday, but i'm not sure if that's the body found yesterday or a different one. i don't recall yesterday's body being found in a reservoir, it was on the side of a hwy, wasn't it? a bit confused, but wanted to add this link. Body found in Skaguay Reservoir

Interesting to note that directionally this reservoir is on the way from Salida to Denver.

Also interesting that the reservoir is a public hunting area w/ a valid license.

Colorado State Wildlife Areas | 300+ State Wildlife Areas for Fishing and Hunting

Colorado Hunting | Public Hunting Lands, Licenses, Tags, Guides, and Trips in CO

Last edited:
i just saw this on fb, posted by profiling evil. an additional body was recovered (today?) about 2 hours east of salida. still no ID on the body found yesterday. here's the post:

ETA: *this article was posted late yesterday, but i'm not sure if that's the body found yesterday or a different one. i don't recall yesterday's body being found in a reservoir, it was on the side of a hwy, wasn't it? a bit confused, but wanted to add this link. Body found in Skaguay Reservoir

From the linked article above:

Colorado Parks and Wildlife officers found a body in a remote mountain reservoir Friday after responding to a call for help.

CPW alerted the Teller County Sheriff's Office, and the two agencies brought in boats and recovered a body after several hours of searching.

This one is definitely sounding like some kind of accidental drowning to me.

Not at all likely to be SM.

JMO.

Why? It doesn’t matter who is conducting the interview. What matters is what the subject says.

If he shouldn’t know the position of the front wheel, then he’s dead in the water.

Oh, I'm not saying BM didn't make some potentially incriminating remarks. But ... suppose it had gone another way?

Not to mention the minor fact that LE doesn't usually encourage hobnobbing with potentially dangerous people.

From the linked article above:

Colorado Parks and Wildlife officers found a body in a remote mountain reservoir Friday after responding to a call for help.

CPW alerted the Teller County Sheriff's Office, and the two agencies brought in boats and recovered a body after several hours of searching.

This one is definitely sounding like some kind of accidental drowning to me.

Not at all likely to be SM.

JMO.
Sadly it was a man who drowned. RIP

Oh, I'm not saying BM didn't make some potentially incriminating remarks. But ... suppose it had gone another way?

Not to mention the minor fact that LE doesn't usually encourage hobnobbing with potentially dangerous people.
I think if it went another way, then the result would have been it being irrelevant.

It may be relevant though. I can’t fathom how anything like this could hurt an investigation.

It means nothing, or it means something.

Yes, IMHO, a 10-day seizure in order to simply obtain a warrant would be extraordinary. The point of temporarily "freezing" a situation is simply to provide investigators with time to obtain a warrant. Obviously, many things were still shut down in May due to coronavirus, but a 10-day period seems unreasonable, especially for a residence.
I think one of the things that may give LE some leeway on this case is the fact that SM was missing. They did not know if the house was a crime scene. They searched diligently up through the 17th and found no trace of her or evidence that she had been, in fact, on a bike ride. Three days later they had their SW. What LE found or did not find during these searches probably contributed to their probable cause affidavit.
My guess is that LE received permission early on to search the home for SM. I don’t know if it was the daughters or BM who gave permission. LE probably had BM on the phone, asking when and where he last saw her, asking where she usually rode, asking when he last spoke to her, etc. If he said he saw her at the home that morning, that’s where LE would obviously start their search. He pushed the narrative of the bike ride. After a search of the home to make sure she was not there and to see if the bike was gone, they expanded outward looking for her and/or the bike. I’m pretty sure that would be about the time that whoever was in charge sealed off the home.
When BM arrived back from Denver, LE probably told him they had not yet located his wife and had sealed off the house. Now BM may not have been happy with that, but he knew it would look pretty bad if he fought it.
MOO

If this goes to trial, with BM on the hot seat, will TD’s video with BM be admissible evidence? Will a jury ever get to see that video? Thoughts?

What's interesting to consider is whether or not the prosecution could/would call TD as a witness to provide direct testimony about their encounter.

If I were a prosecutor, I'd definitely want the jury to hear the specifics about that conversation.

JMO.

What's interesting to consider is whether or not the prosecution could/would call TD as a witness to provide direct testimony about their encounter.

If I were a prosecutor, I'd definitely want the jury to hear the specifics about that conversation.

JMO.

Well, it depends. Playing the video would be a way for the defense to get Barry Morphew's story before the jury w/o having to call Barry as a witness (& submit him to cross-examination). It would depend on what other facts are in evidence.

Can someone tell me exactly where the bike was found? I still find it confusing.

I wish I could help more, but I'm technically challenged. I can't find a link. But Dave had great map. And I think it was the most recent interview that Lauren did with Profiling Evil that explain it and showed photos as well. Moo of course, it is where BM says it was found, but I don't doubt it. Moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member