Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, he just let BM talk and BM seemed to want to share. Moo
Agreed!

For the sake of discussion. Hypothetically what if BM and TD had knew of each other in the past?

Would that had changed the discussion or would it had remained the same?

Because, I agree with you Fireflize BM "wanted to talk."

My friend’s husband is the one who saw this woman’s body today, and reported it to LE.

ETA: I did ask her if it is SM. Rather if they, the authorities, think it’s Suzanne.

Thank you for posting. I am sorry that your friends husband had to go through this. The location is not far. Keep us updated.

Agreed!

For the sake of discussion. Hypothetically what if BM and TD had knew of each other in the past?

Would that had changed the discussion or would it had remained the same?

Because, I agree with you Fireflize BM "wanted to talk."
Hypothetically, I don't think so. TD himself said that he believes that BM knew the video was running. I do too.
And, there's no doubt in my mind that TD is leaning in the direction that BM disappeared his wife.
I suspect, and I've said this before, that BM had seen TD for at least one day prior walking around with a video camera (or whatever it's called) and decided to be at the right place at the right time to tell his version(s) of events.
TD has investigated other cases. I doubt that they know each other.

I haven't seen a word from the CCSO about Draper.
AFAIK, he isn't doing anything illegal or immoral.
He didn't trespass onto private property, he didn't reveal anything to the public that was critical information, he just talked to BM, and shared his conversation as recorded.
I'm just guessing but, I suspect Sheriff John Spezze would not be shy in the least, if he needed to speak with TD about staying away.
Okay, @OldCop, care to share your thoughts on Jeff Spicoli the rando unqualified youtuber snoop, aka TD?
Based on what you've seen, is he presenting a hindrance to this case for the CCSO?
You said it best yourself, @Ontario Mom. He hasn’t done anything illegal. If he were to start actually interfering in the investigation, tampering with evidence, overstepping his boundaries, he would be warned away or even charged if warranted. However, he’s not doing anything any decent reporter wouldn’t do. I’m sure that, much like Leticia Stauch, LE is happy to sit back and listen to whatever BM is throwing out. Loose lips sink ships.

You said it best yourself, @Ontario Mom. He hasn’t done anything illegal. If he were to start actually interfering in the investigation, tampering with evidence, overstepping his boundaries, he would be warned away or even charged if warranted. However, he’s not doing anything any decent reporter wouldn’t do. I’m sure that, much like Leticia Stauch, LE is happy to sit back and listen to whatever BM is throwing out. Loose lips sink ships.
Thanks for your perspective on this. Much appreciated :)

Long time lurker and now I am going to finally attempt to join in the conversation.

If law enforcement had any type of evidence against Barry Morphew they would have arrested him right?

I don't understand why everyone wants to blame Barry.

Isn't the most likely scenario that Suzanne left on her own?
WELCOME! I am relatively new myself, trying to learn. Actually, the probability in cases such as this would be the person closest to the victim is responsible for their disappearance, but it isn’t 100%
IMO BM isn’t guilty...We have no indication that there is any evidence of BM’s guilt, however, more experienced members interpret LE’s actions as indicative of his guilt.
IMO, probable cause does not always equal guilt.
IANAL, but I suspect the probable cause threshold varies from judge to judge.
Some of the search warrants executed are centered on the victim, searching her last known whereabouts and communications, IMO.
It is highly likely that BM knows who is responsible for SM’s disappearance, and he also has come to accept that she is deceased, explaining much of his behavior, and also the actions of LE. JMHO
Those of us who continue to doubt BM’s guilt seem to be fewer in number, certainly less vocal, but we continue to research off forum, because if BM is innocent we need to support the effort to find the real culprit.

That's the first of their videos I actually watched from start to finish.
I have to say, not too shabby.
Their experience brings a higher quality to the show the same way our verified lawyers and LE do here in our discussions.
Their channel will likely do quite well.

jmo

Did they say Suzanne's family was Mormon?

Welcome! I am new too.
From what I have seen, people who leave of their own accord and suddenly find themselves the subject of international headlines, find away to reassure LE of their safety and LE respects their privacy. Shutting down the media attention quickly gives them a better chance at the anonymity or fresh start they desire.

IMO it is highly unlikely she left of own accord, but of course, not impossible.

To your first question...No.
LE doesn't think Suzanne left on her own and neither do I. She left on her bike - then got into a car? Is that what you're thinking? If she had taken anything with her that indicated she'd be gone for a while (driver's license, ATM card, phone, prescription meds) and decided to just give up on her maintenance chemotherapy (she had an appointment on May 11), then she is out there, without funds (or has a hidden bank account that indicates a lot of planning to run away and let her daughters grieve as if she is dead?). She's also going to have major health issues and no access to her health insurance or doctors.

while i agree with most of what you stated.... how could you possibly know that she had an appointment on may 11th? .... please explain.... there would be no way to confirm any appointment as that would be an obvious hipaa violation....

Welcome! I am new too.
From what I have seen, people who leave of their own accord and suddenly find themselves the subject of international headlines, find away to reassure LE of their safety and LE respects their privacy. Shutting down the media attention quickly gives them a better chance at the anonymity or fresh start they desire.

IMO it is highly unlikely she left of own accord, but of course, not impossible.
That’s a really good point.

In the last few years there have been numerous cases of husbands killing and physically assaulting their spouses. I haven’t heard of any cases, that I can recall, where the wife decides to voluntarily disappear and is never heard from again by friends or family.

Suzanne had two daughters to whom she appeared devoted. She had an upcoming appointment for cancer treatment and she seemed to be committed to her health and fitness.

I’m not saying that voluntary disappearance is impossible, but I believe it’s even less likely than a fatal mountain lion attack.

IMO

while i agree with most of what you stated.... how could you possibly know that she had an appointment on may 11th? .... please explain.... there would be no way to confirm any appointment as that would be an obvious hipaa violation....
I’m too lazy to research this, but IIRC, in LS’s two-part series, an acquaintance said that her final treatment was the Monday after Mother’s Day.

Long time lurker and now I am going to finally attempt to join in the conversation.

If law enforcement had any type of evidence against Barry Morphew they would have arrested him right?

^^bbm

Welcome to WS @WhoToYou25!

You picked an interesting thread to join the commentary.

Before you can be arrested, police must gather not only evidence but sufficient evidence to prove probable cause that a crime has been committed and probable cause that the crime was committed by the suspect.

Don't forget that SM's body is missing--so there's a large gap of forensic evidence missing to prove SM the victim of a crime.

I do believe that LE has circumstantial evidence but nothing near the evidence required to obtain an arrest warrant.

As to SM voluntarily missing or going off on her own, we know that LE has never believed this the case because if they did, this thread would not be open.

It's not a crime to drop out of contact with your loved ones and drive off into the sunset and never be seen again. From what's known about SM's character, it's not likely SM would walk out on her daughters and husband and vanish without a trace.

It's also not likely SM would have missed an important medical appointment on Monday, May 11. Even people that disappear voluntarily are prepared and have a plan to make their getaway. That doesn't exist here.

MOO

Last edited:
It was reported in MSM that her daughter stated that there was no way SM would intentionally miss her medical appointment scheduled for Monday. (SM is a cancer survivor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member