Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that interesting as well. I believe he acted alone. It's been documented that he has a bad temper and has exhibited signs of rage in the past.
I had a different take-away from BM speaking in plural. If I want to get a point across or persuade someone, I will often say "we think" or "they think" as there is strength in numbers. I feel BM was trying to make it appear "his team" ( army rangers with 400 TDY, firehouse buddies etc) were all in agreement with him. imo.

I’m just not convinced BM did this without help. And he seems to like to get people to do his bidding.

It wouldn’t surprise me if, like Patrick Frazee and Fotis Dulos recently, he involved a third party.
  • Girlfriend? Get her to ride up and down past the neighbour’s house wearing a teal-coloured helmet, to provide a false sighting of SM?
  • Dodgy sub-contractor? Get them to loiter in a ‘suspicious’ car until they are sure they’ve been seen?
Regardless of whether he used or hired a partner in crime or acted alone, a number of things lead me to believe it was planned.

BM’s public demeanour doesn’t convey the garbling, waffling panic I would expect from someone who had killed in a moment of rage (although, granted, he successfully distanced himself from public view for some time).

I don’t think he loved her (his demeanour speaks to this).

The timing of the girls being away. Did he encourage them, perhaps, to take the opportunity for a well-deserved break?

The topic of SM’s bike rides seeming to have consistently been raised with third parties. Imagine the script. BM: “Suzanne is taking risks out there on her solo rides. Tellin’ ya, she’s gonna come a cropper. Specially as she loves talking to strangers ‘n’ all.”

The consistent distancing. I wonder if we will discover he arranged for Suzanne to check in with the neighbour if no-one else was around when she was going for a bike ride.

His use of plurals, as well as the PE guys picking up on it, has piqued my interest. It stood out to me when BM said to TD (in context of LE having let people handle the bike), “We were really upset that first night.” At first I thought he must mean himself and the girls. But actually it seems odd to ascribe a feeling of upset on the part of the daughters to the first night only.

Like most of us here, I’m waiting patiently to find out what puzzle pieces investigators are working with, and for justice to be served.

I’m just not convinced BM did this without help. And he seems to like to get people to do his bidding.
It wouldn’t surprise me if, like Patrick Frazee and Fotis Dulos recently, he involved a third party
  • Girlfriend? Get her to ride up and down past the neighbour’s house wearing a teal-coloured helmet, to provide a false sighting of SM?
  • Dodgy sub-contractor? Get them to loiter in a ‘suspicious’ car until they are sure they’ve been seen?
Regardless of whether he used or hired a partner in crime or acted alone, a number of things lead me to believe it was planned.

BM’s public demeanour doesn’t convey the garbling, waffling panic I would expect from someone who had killed in a moment of rage (although, granted, he successfully distanced himself from public view for some time).

The timing of the girls being away. Did he encourage them, perhaps, to take the opportunity for a well-deserved break?

The topic of SM’s bike rides seeming to have consistently been raised with third parties. Imagine the script. BM: “Suzanne is taking risks out there on her solo rides. Tellin’ ya, she’s gonna come a cropper. Specially as she loves talking to strangers ‘n’ all.”

The consistent distancing. I wonder if we will discover he arranged for Suzanne to check in with the neighbour if no-one else was around when she was going for a bike ride.

His use of plurals, as well as the PE guys picking up on it, has piqued my interest. It stood out to me when BM said to TD (in context of LE having let people handle the bike), “We were really upset that first night.” At first I thought he must mean himself and the girls. But actually it seems odd to ascribe a feeling of upset on the part of the daughters to the first night only.

Like most of us here, I’m waiting patiently to find out what puzzle pieces investigators are working with, and for justice to be served.

You make a good argument for premeditation. I didn't follow Futos or Frazee. Do you recall how long it took for the girl friend to surface in those cases?

I wonder how long the idea that her downfall was her friendliness had been in circulation. That would be telling.

If this was premeditated, it is more hideous. I guess the only benefit of a doubt I can feel for BM at this time is that it was not premeditated, he became furious and lost his temper.
But again, you may be right. It's going to be interesting.
Moo
of course.

It wouldn’t surprise me if, like Patrick Frazee and Fotis Dulos recently, he involved a third party.

Very good points.

No, but I think some who are already convinced he's guilty and that he's a monster want to find ways to keep signalling that over and over, so they analyze everything from that perspective; i.e. positing that the subtext is "Oh Suzanne, look what you made me do" to signal what a terrible person they think he is and so it's perfectly reasonable to believe such a monster is guilty. Then it becomes easy to say "Oh Suzanne" as somehow significant to the case based on their personal interpretation of the subtext.

But maybe I'm overanalyzing. ;)

IMO and only MOO, my thoughts abt BM aren’t really important, except to me. I doubt if anyone on this forum will be sitting on a jury to decide his guilt or innocence if he’s ever charged. LE is keeping all info quiet, they don’t want the case jeopardized. I’m great with that. But, I think circumstances were such that LE had to tip their hand somewhat by doing a 3 day search/sift of the “BM job site“ in Salida. That’s pretty telling so early on in SM’s disappearance.

Granted some of BM’s behaviors don’t necessarily shine a positive light on him, but I’m more curious abt the evidence in the bags carried out of the home. I’m also curious if his Denver alibi checked out, we’ve heard nothing abt the Denver job site he worked at on Mother’s Day. A beautiful young mother/wife & 2 time cancer survivor alone on Mother’s Day paints a sad mental image. I hope there will eventually be some kind of justice for SM, but she’ll never be with her girls again. They’ll miss her terribly forever.

Last edited:
I don't think there is even one person on this forum that "wants" to find that BM is somehow responsible for SM going missing. If it turns out to be true, these two young girls will suffer immeasurable loss.
I couldn't agree more with this post. I don't like what I've seen of BM's behavior but I'd be overjoyed to learn of evidence pointing elsewhere.

You make a good argument for premeditation. I didn't follow Futos or Frazee. Do you recall how long it took for the girl friend to surface in those cases?
^^sbm

The women in both cases surfaced very quickly using electronic evidence.

KK was identified as soon as LE had Frazee's phone and saw the number and length of calls he was making to Idaho, and the number happened to belong to someone only miles from where Kelsey's phone last pinged.

Fotis's girlfriend was caught on surveillance video riding with Fotis, helping him throw away evidence in city trash receptacles and down a street drain. She was also the other woman that came between the couple before they separated--both being supported from the wealth of his wife's family. MOO

MOO

Here are a few thoughts I will throw into this case. The House that is where we need to clear off the list. I have yet to hear of anyone that can say they SM leave her house, rather on a bike, walking, running, in a vehicle. so in my mind LE will have to clear that of not being a crime scene before anything else can be ruled in. They searched the house originally and we have no idea what they found, but if you think of testing being done on that evidence and when they got the results they may have had more probable cause to ask a Judge for the second search warrant and it was granted. To me that speaks volumes there is something with that house that is not right an LE knows it. I am sure they have GPS off of BM truck and the pings from his cell phone, this is why I think LE is not putting out information and warnings to the public. Its not enough to just think something happened and make an arrest this has to be proven in court and proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order for there to be Justice. If you go back to the Susan Cox Powell and Josh Powell mess he was not arrested because Susans case was never reclassified as a homicide it was a missing persons case until the courts finally declared her dead after 7 years.
I do think this case will be solved and I also do not think this was a stranger abduction.

And BM has court in Indiana on September 1st at 10am by video on the guardianship of Suzanne. it will not let me copy that link but if you go here Mycase.IN.gov you can look up cases by name and it shows his court date. I find just this part confusing, going to court so fast after your wife is "missing" is another thing i think to be a problem.

Last edited:
Here are a few thoughts I will throw into this case. The House that is where we need to clear off the list. I have yet to hear of anyone that can say they SM leave her house, rather on a bike, walking, running, in a vehicle. so in my mind LE will have to clear that of not being a crime scene before anything else can be ruled in. They searched the house originally and we have no idea what they found, but if you think of testing being done on that evidence and when they got the results they may have had more probable cause to ask a Judge for the second search warrant and it was granted. To me that speaks volumes there is something with that house that is not right an LE knows it. I am sure they have GPS off of BM truck and the pings from his cell phone, this is why I think LE is not putting out information and warnings to the public. Its not enough to just think something happened and make an arrest this has to be proven in court and proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order for there to be Justice. If you go back to the Susan Cox Powell and Josh Powell mess he was not arrested because Susans case was never reclassified as a homicide it was a missing persons case until the courts finally declared her dead after 7 years.
I do think this case will be solved and I also do not think this was a stranger abduction.

And BM has court in Indiana on August 1st at 10am by video on the guardianship of Suzanne. it will not let me copy that link but if you go here Mycase.IN.gov you can look up cases by name and it shows his court date. I find just this part confusing, going to court so fast after your wife is "missing" is another thing i think to be a problem.
Yeah, I think it’s obvious that the house is the nexus of the investigation.

Yes, IMHO, a 10-day seizure in order to simply obtain a warrant would be extraordinary. The point of temporarily "freezing" a situation is simply to provide investigators with time to obtain a warrant. Obviously, many things were still shut down in May due to coronavirus, but a 10-day period seems unreasonable, especially for a residence.

Not during CoVid. The routine early procedures that occur probably took more time.

Let's say they found things that needed PCR/DNA analysis.

Stranger DNA, for example. Once found, you'd want to take samples from all around the property, would you not?

In normal times, some counties have same day/24 hour PCR testing for crimes, but it's typically more like 3-7 days in many places (Chaffee County is not at the nation's epicenter of forensic technology, IMO).

Let's say you thought, early on, there was evidence that a non-Morphew had been in the house. The forensics team that collects DNA data cannot make it to the house until 5 days later, due to CoVid. Let's say CCSO wants certain DNA forensic skills that they need to borrow from EPCSO, right next door (I believe we heard early on that CCSO asked EPCSO for help - these days, I don't think the response would be immediate).

We will some day know when the judge authorized the search, but I'm guessing there's latitude for the police to bar entry to a potential crime scene until a judge can weigh in - and the judge obviously gave search privileges to the police.

I can think of many forensic reasons why, once the authorized search began, they'd need quite a few days. And that's even in normal times - these days, even more reasons for it to take a while.

Yes, the house. And NOT the bike. Moo
I think the bike is significant in that what it means. If it was planted, which I absolutely believe, then it’s relevance is that it tells you who the killer probably is.

Only someone close to the victim needs to plant evidence, and try to mislead authorities.

I think the bike is significant in that what it means. If it was planted, which I absolutely believe, then it’s relevance is that it tells you who the killer probably is.

Only someone close to the victim needs to plant evidence, and try to mislead authorities.
not to mention how many people would have had access to the area the bike would have been taken from at the house. I feel the bike is a red herring, but the scattered items of SM that were found that they wont tell BM what they are I think that was a mistake that was made by someone.

Yup. Plant a bike and then discredit those that recovered it saying it was touched by 10 people, ruining any evidence that could have been obtained from the bike! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat