Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also wondering what “suddenly stopped texting” means. Texting can suddenly stop, lots of times it naturally just stops. It’s not like where you always say goodbye on the phone. With texting , you might say gtg , or talk later, or running out, or losing battery. Sometimes it just fades away. However, if mid texting conversation, on a part where the friend expected the conversation to continue, and it abruptly ended... well something may have happened. What’s the what that happened?

Sorry to side track with the PE content being discussed now. But I’m very curious about TD claiming to see BM shirtless and soaking wet the day before his first interview.

CO Volunteer firefighters can go through swift water training and they specifically use the Arkansas River as their training ground. I’d love to know more about this encounter and where LE has searched for SM’s body.

Also wondering what “suddenly stopped texting” means. Texting can suddenly stop, lots of times it naturally just stops. It’s not like where you always say goodbye on the phone. With texting , you might say gtg , or talk later, or running out, or losing battery. Sometimes it just fades away. However, if mid texting conversation, on a part where the friend expected the conversation to continue, and it abruptly ended... well something may have happened. What’s the what that happened?
She was talking about wedding plans, not the weather. I've never encountered anyone just opting out of a conversation, ever.

REPEATING PE ACCOUNT PER SM'S FAMILY:

BM allegedly left home for Denver at 5AM on Sunday, May 10;
SM sleeping;
BM did not wake her.

Daughters cannot reach SM on Sunday morning, contact dad BM and he responds by contacting neighbor requesting her to go to the house to check on SM. At this time, there is no mention of the bike ride.

After neighbor see's 2 cars in the driveway and reports this to BM, this is the birth of SM going on a bike ride. (Cars not believed to belong to BM/SM).
[Huh? Sorry, this is not presented very clear].

How did confirming cars in the driveway translate to SM went on a bike ride?

It's described as the build-up of the bike ride story.

The staging of a bike story.

PE: ABDUCTION STORY COULD BE A RED FLAG

PE: ABRUPT STOP TO SAT NIGHT COMMUNICATION IS RED FLAG (social media chat between SM and personal friend).

PE: NEIGHBOR WALKS AWAY FROM MORPHEW HOUSE BELIEVING SM WAS ON A BIKE RIDE

PE: BIKE LOCATED IN RAVINE IS RED FLAG

PE: PERSONAL ITEM LOCATED IS RED FLAG WITH VARIABLE PER THE LOCATION

PE: BM STATEMENT TO TD ABOUT THE BIKE AND "LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED" ADDS EMPHASIS.

PE: BM SPEAKING IN PLURAL IS TRANSFERENCE - RED FLAG

PE: IT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT ("IDNLR") FAMILY IS IN AGREEMENT.

PE: PER BM - EVIDENCE DESTROYED BY LE (BIKE); EVIDENCE OF SM DESTROYED BY MOUNTAIN LION; EVIDENCE OF MTN LION DESTROYED (RAIN);

PE: BM INSINUATED TO SM FAMILY THAT HE WAS THOROUGHLY VETTED/CLEARED BY POLICE.

PE: BM OFFERED OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE CVSA (VOICE ANALYSIS TEST) -- PARTICIPANT INTENTIONALLY LIES TO CALIBRATE VOICE -- IT'S A TOOL OFFERED TO BM. PER THE FAMILY, BM TWICE DECLINED TO TAKE THIS TEST.

PE: MORPHEW'S DO NOT HAVE LANDLINE AT RESIDENCE.

BREAKING AT 45 MIN MARK.

ETA: SM/BFF discussing son's wedding Saturday afternoon and when convo went silent by Saturday evening

Last edited:
Profiling Evil just said BM declined all Voice analysis and all polygraphs!!!

Of course. No cue all the statements that: “But LDT’s aren’t admissible and he was smart not to take one.”

Yes to the first. Yes to the second if he’s guilty.

But what do innocent people do, whether or not it’s smart? What are the patterns of behavior of innocent people in a case like this?

And yes, guilty people take such tests. (Like Chris Watts). But innocent people rarely fail to take them. Desperation makes people do whatever it takes.

Profiling Evil just said BM declined all Voice analysis and all polygraphs!!!

I absolutely believe this. It was “too soon,” because his plot collapsed right away, and he couldn’t expose himself to a polygraph.

He was already in big trouble, and wouldn’t have wanted to compound that.

That’s why he wouldn’t stand by the sheriff and make his own plea during that press conference.

Me thinks Barry was sloppy.

The text conversation is a quantifiable piece I had been looking for to get me off the fence. This appears to be the last known person, other than BM, to communicate with her. Unless any other communication or sighting comes to light that is after 5am on the 10th, the timeline doesn’t match up with his statements.

If her phone locked after that texting, and he could not get into it, todays revelation may be the first time he’s heard of it. If that is the case, he has to know his goose is cooked. Could get interesting now. MOO.

It sounded like the friend was very concerned with the texting conversation abruptly stopping. I don’t think there was any typical “I’ve gotta go” type response from Suzanne. I’m thinking BM surprised her and she dropped the phone or it was yanked away from her. MOO

The text conversation is a quantifiable piece I had been looking for to get me off the fence. This appears to be the last known person, other than BM, to communicate with her. Unless any other communication or sighting comes to light that is after 5am on the 10th, the timeline doesn’t match up with his statements.

If her phone locked after that texting, and he could not get into it, todays revelation may be the first time he’s heard of it. If that is the case, he has to know his goose is cooked. Could get interesting now. MOO.

welcome to the other side. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member