Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a reminder to members that not every state follows the same rules.

We've had limited conversations about how and why BM acted for guardianship of SM pursuant to the Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Act ("UGPP")-- as adopted in the state of Indiana.

I'm following another case in CT and their probate court is making it clear that normally in Connecticut a person has to be missing for seven years before the probate court will declare them legally dead.

Lawyer in charge of Fotis Dulos estate seeks to have Jennifer Farber Dulos declared dead, claims she was likely dismembered
and lets not forget that Michael Chambers was declared dead and his wife got a death certificate without a body - didn't take her very long either
JMO

IMO, the hearing in September will be for BM to show the court proof he did only what he promised and was authorized to do under the emergency petition.

I don't know the laws of Indiana and pray the decision to grant permanent guardianship will require more than the endorsement of their adult daughter. MOO
The next step in my state is to get permanent Letters. The question will be does CO recognize out of state Letters when the assets are in CO? I know they own the house jointly, presume they have a bank account, and of course whatever assets she has - Letters are powerful. I hope it doesn't happen
JMO

I think it makes the most sense that one was Suzanne's and one was for one or both daughters to drive. That would explain why the neighbor assumed she was home.

You're right, that makes the most sense. So I wonder why Mike and Chris beat around the bush and left it seeming so mysterious?And I'd expect those cars to be there so why is that a red flag?
Guess I should be asking Mike and Chris. Wink.

So, sometimes it's not about right and wrong--- sometimes it's about a good gimmick.

That bothers my heart, soul and mind...

As I said before, Ramsey's had expensive powerful attorneys...

No, it's always about right & wrong: When an attorney-client relationship is formed, though, the "right" is always to protect a client's interests. This applies even when the client is not a pleasant person. Indeed, it probably is most important when a client is not a pleasant person or member of a group that elites disdain, as history has demonstrated that such clients' rights are easily trampled.

These laws were written when the west was more dangerous and illness meant death. Law needs an overhaul to eliminate getting easy money for murder.
and lets not forget that Michael Chambers was declared dead and his wife got a death certificate without a body - didn't take her very long either
JMO
Thanks for alerting us about the state of Texas @oviedo. I do recall that they previously adopted special rules for the missing post a natural disaster too. I also agree with @Boxer it should not be easy to benefit from murder.

ETA: And sometimes, even if the law says you are dead, a childhood friend that wouldn't give up will find you ---albeit 33 years later.

Missing man found alive after 33 years by childhood friend

Last edited:
You're right, that makes the most sense. So I wonder why Mike and Chris beat around the bush and left it seeming so mysterious?And I'd expect those cars to be there so why is that a red flag?
Also, if someone went with the girls as a chaperone, her car might be there as well.
This is assuming they went by bus or took a flight, which we don't know yet.
Imo.

No, it's always about right & wrong: When an attorney-client relationship is formed, though, the "right" is always to protect a client's interests. This applies even when the client is not a pleasant person. Indeed, it probably is most important when a client is not a pleasant person or member of a group that elites disdain, as history has demonstrated that such clients' rights are easily trampled.
OK

I like it! Sounds like another good marketing plan for one for-profit business plan. Why did you stop the fake nickels?

The owner of the shop that produced them for me retired. His sons were career Marines; they didn't want to run the business. The shop closed down. Maybe it's time to find a new supplier, though...:)

I think Barry is the only source. (TD video)
Agreed. ^^^

And absolutely -- BM has not been cleared.
LE's actions would indicate where the factual evidence has led thus far... and it's not away from the husband.
These are facts that that LE have stated and not opinion.

We know from LE that certain aspects have been ruled out :
  • Abduction by a random stranger (LE never issued a 'be on the lookout' or even a description of clothing)
  • Mountain lion attack
  • A bike accident and washed down the creek
  • A bike ride that Suzanne's family says no one saw her on
  • A stalker
  • Left of her own volition
So what does that leave ?
A very small window of opportunity for someone who knew Suzanne better than most of us.

Speculation and opinion : I'm not going to assume anything BM says at this point is true because with the first 3 or 4 versions of 'what happened to Suzanne' -- no make that, "Let me tell YOU what happened..." (from the TD video) , his credibility was gone.
Why so many stories ?
Why not just pick one and stick with it ?

Last edited:
The two cars in the driveway thing is sure an outlier. I can't make heads or tails out of it. MOO.

That sticks out to me too. On one hand, if the cars belong to the Morphews, then I would want to know if it was odd that the cars weren't parked inside the 3-car garage. If parking the cars outside was "standard operating procedure" for the Morphews, then it wouldn't have seemed strange, so I'm not sure that the neighbor would mention it. Of course, if the neighbor wasn't familiar with the Morphew cars or parking situation, then this wouldn't apply.

1.BM Truck locations and BM alibi don't match.
2. Vague red flag about the vehicles in the driveway when neighbor came over.
Are they related?

The owner of the shop that produced them for me retired. His sons were career Marines; they didn't want to run the business. The shop closed down. Maybe it's time to find a new supplier, though...:)

Its a great idea. I always loved Wooden Nickels. And if you have a small hole placed in them with a small metal ring loop, then people can keep them on their key chain to know who to call if needed.

My passport is expired. Is there any site in the IT world that catalogues passports for J Q Public to see? I wonder if BM has a valid, current passport. If he does have one, flight to another country would be a concern to me.
JMO
AFAIK, you can still take a cruise to Mexico without a passport. Unless it's changed, a valid ID and birth certificate is necessary. Not that it matters, just popped into my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member