Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sticks out to me too. On one hand, if the cars belong to the Morphews, then I would want to know if it was odd that the cars weren't parked inside the 3-car garage. If parking the cars outside was "standard operating procedure" for the Morphews, then it wouldn't have seemed strange, so I'm not sure that the neighbor would mention it. Of course, if the neighbor wasn't familiar with the Morphew cars or parking situation, then this wouldn't apply.

I think the PE host's [cryptic] intention was to make two cars parked in the driveway an issue.

We were told they did not belong to BM. So, just how many vehicles can BM own personally -- I took this to mean they did not belong to any of the Morphew family.

It doesn't follow that two Morphew vehicles in the driveway would be of any significance here unless the vehicles belonged to a third party.

I agree someone 'claimed' the gps did not match up with what Barry told LE.... as quiet as LE has been so far, that does not sound like something LE would have told a family member.

PE was way too vague about the 2 cars... 2 cars in the driveway could be perfectly normal. Not sure why that raises a flag.

I don't think LE would have volunteered that information either.

Also, I know this has been discussed but still confuses me. Is a search warrant needed to obtain location data from a cellular device or a 'black box' of a vehicle? It has been mentioned that there will be many search warrants, but when? I would think if a warrant were needed, as indicated for cell phone data, location data, then it could be confirmed that they have more than likely searched the phones and vehicle data?

How may search warrants are there currently for this case? I think I have only seen 3 here in this case so far. Two for the house and the other for the big dig...

Even if they are sealed, can you still verify search warrants being pulled or applied for and granted?

IMO, the hearing in September will be for BM to show the court proof he did only what he promised and was authorized to do under the emergency petition.

I don't know the laws of Indiana and pray the decision to grant permanent guardianship will require more than the endorsement of their adult daughter. MOO

Well, we know (based on the chronological case summary of the guardianship case) that to this date, nobody has
objected to the guardianship petition.

Indiana Code section 29-3-5-1 literally states that "[a]ny person may apply for permission to participate in the proceeding," subject to judicial permission. If none of the Moorman family seeks to take part in or objects to the petition, they are -- in essence -- acquiescing to the guardianship.
Indeed, this is the perfect opportunity to call Barry as a witness in a hearing, under oath, to answer questions. If the Moorman family doesn't involve itself in the guardianship proceeding, then I will wonder how strong their suspicions of Barry really are.

AFAIK, you can still take a cruise to Mexico without a passport. Unless it's changed, a valid ID and birth certificate is necessary. Not that it matters, just popped into my mind.

So if someone without a passport is on a " closed-loop" cruise, and chooses to NOT get back on the ship in Mexico, someone could be out and about the country without a passport.
As Sister Rose Dominic said years ago, "If there's a will, there's a way."
MOO

Why would a "Wildman" bring in another person?
What benefit would there be.
If BMs alibi was he was at home till 5am 5/10, would his truck not moving from the driveway and yet he was caught on video elsewhere count as the discrepancy?

Or BM borrowing someone's car so he wouldn't be using his own?

Someone brought up a good point that only certain weight/pulling grade vehicles can handle hauling large equipment with a hitch on the back. Its too hard on some vehicles unless they have enough rated towing power.

That could explain the late night work at the other job site where there was a search. Maybe he wanted to avoid his vehicle being seen in the daylight if that was the only vehicle he had that could haul the larger equipment.

Im not sure why the two vehicles were pointed out in the PE episode. Unless one of them was used for another reason and he didnt want his main one to be used. Or they could have been related to whoever went on the trip with the children.

If BMs alibi was he was at home till 5am 5/10, would his truck not moving from the driveway and yet he was caught on video elsewhere count as the discrepancy?
Loaf n Jug almost certainly has a security camera.

That’s a really good point! Also, maybe another attendee of the camping trip left their car at Barry’s and left their car keys behind with him.

Well, we know (based on the chronological case summary of the guardianship case) that to this date, nobody has
objected to the guardianship petition.

Indiana Code section 29-3-5-1 literally states that "[a]ny person may apply for permission to participate in the proceeding," subject to judicial permission. If none of the Moorman family seeks to take part in or objects to the petition, they are -- in essence -- acquiescing to the guardianship.
Indeed, this is the perfect opportunity to call Barry as a witness in a hearing, under oath, to answer questions. If the Moorman family doesn't involve itself in the guardianship proceeding, then I will wonder how strong their suspicions of Barry really are.

What's life like in their IN county court system under COVID-19? Virtual hearings backed up until Leaptember?

I don't like the thought of examining a witness over Zoom. Nope. I really don't...

Maybe delay is the only saving grace.

Maybe they belonged to workers who went with Barry on Sunday.

It makes sense BM would go get the heavy equipment for Sunday's Denver trip late at night if the Denver trip had not been planned. The trailer with the machinery had to be gotten to make a trip out of town to Denver come true.
Interesting what the work crew in Denver has to say.

It makes sense BM would go get the heavy equipment for Sunday's Denver trip late at night if the Denver trip had not been planned. The trailer with the machinery had to be gotten to make a trip out of town to Denver come true.
BBM: Yes, I'm sure they would come forward to confirm their work there with Barry.

Loaf n Jug almost certainly has a security camera.
Yes it would be a discrepancy. I have a feeling that BM was very busy that Saturday night. If he drove by any camera, in any vehicle, it should be easy to find him. There would be so little traffic at night. Moo

BMM: Would that be the noise the neighbor lady heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow