Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know (based on the chronological case summary of the guardianship case) that to this date, nobody has
objected to the guardianship petition.

Indiana Code section 29-3-5-1 literally states that "[a]ny person may apply for permission to participate in the proceeding," subject to judicial permission. If none of the Moorman family seeks to take part in or objects to the petition, they are -- in essence -- acquiescing to the guardianship.
Indeed, this is the perfect opportunity to call Barry as a witness in a hearing, under oath, to answer questions. If the Moorman family doesn't involve itself in the guardianship proceeding, then I will wonder how strong their suspicions of Barry really are.

I truly hope LE can make an arrest before that hearing even happens in September. I would hate to see SM's family put in that position to have to fight him for guardianship. This will torch their relationship with the daughters if the girls believe their Dad is innocent. And I'm guessing BM has them completely brainwashed. JMO

What do you accomplish by talking to media if for example you're in Barry's situation and hypothetically you're innocent? Does doing those interviews help the case? Do those types of interviews ever help find the missing person?
The ship has sailed on that. Had he wanted to appear interested or concerned about finding his missing wife, he needed to behave like a concerned husband long before the arrival of the 3 month period of his wife’s disappearance. It’s too late now.

Just went back to CCSO FB post to read the new post from 3 hrs...I wonder if the time the comments are shown posted are different depending on time zones? Anyway I found two recent comments both of which only contain full names in bold lettering. I’ve never heard either name r/t rumors. I was also thinking CCSO surely must check the comments on their FB page in addition to the tip line. They could certainly follow-up with the posters who commented with those names because they weren’t private or hiding their identity.

The rest is DBM because my toes may have crossed the TOS rules of sleuthing. I don’t want to be in time out or encourage anyone else to do something that would break the rules. But I do think it’s worth reading the comments on the recent CCSO FB post with the 2 photos because amid all the insulting comments telling LE how to do their job and the stupid trolls there may be a few breadcrumbs or “nuggets” of relevant information. There are also some very nice comments on there to be fair.
Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

On Sunday, he made an impassioned plea for his wife’s safe return in a video released via social media. He has also offered a $200,000 reward.

But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy ‘with stuff’ to talk.

Morphew’s fire department colleagues have been ordered not to take part in the search by police, although locals said Morphew and his friends have been out looking for Suzanne.
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

I don't see any comments like you describe, only the one related to the person BM communicated through when Suzanne first went missing.

I think those cars are going to be key and the PE guys know something significant that they are not revealing IMO
We wait
Could be. We know that Barry knew which cars were there since he asked her to check to see if the "cars" were at the house. I would think the neighbor would have mentioned it if she saw an unfamiliar car there.

Well, we know (based on the chronological case summary of the guardianship case) that to this date, nobody has
objected to the guardianship petition.

Indiana Code section 29-3-5-1 literally states that "[a]ny person may apply for permission to participate in the proceeding," subject to judicial permission. If none of the Moorman family seeks to take part in or objects to the petition, they are -- in essence -- acquiescing to the guardianship.
Indeed, this is the perfect opportunity to call Barry as a witness in a hearing, under oath, to answer questions. If the Moorman family doesn't involve itself in the guardianship proceeding, then I will wonder how strong their suspicions of Barry really are.
Let's say...fear of reprisal...

I thought he went to Denver on Mother's Day to set up the job for his crew to start on Monday.

I didnt think his crew also worked on Mother's Day. If they left with him, they must have had an early start bringing their vehicles to the house ready for a 5am departure.

I dont think this can be right.

JMO

"Set up?" That's big, not meeting workers. All this time I thought he was meeting workers he had previously scheduled

I thought he went to Denver on Mother's Day to set up the job for his crew to start on Monday.

I didnt think his crew also worked on Mother's Day. If they left with him, they must have had an early start bringing their vehicles to the house ready for a 5am departure.

JMO

The crew was supposedly coming in Sunday night, to begin on Monday. He was setting up for his guys all day Mother’s Day, according to Barry. There is discussion as to whether or not a worker or someone else accompanied Barry to Denver, especially in light of family stating that his car GPS does not match what he told LE.

Also-did anybody else notice the post on the CCSO’s FB page, thanking the public for the letters of support and encouragement? It felt like a message to me. The public is on LE’s side.

Well, they didn't say the cars alone were a red flag. It was first mentioned in the context of how the whole bike story evolved. They said that it didn't make sense that Barry would ask the neighbor to go over to the house to see if the cars were there if he thinks she went on a bike ride.

I don't think Barry "knew" that she went on a bike ride. I think he suggested it. But they also said the neighbor could have suggested it. They thought the whole story about the bike was a "huge" red flag.

They suggested the cars being there might mean someone else is involved or knows something, but what was more important to them concerning that theory was Barry's use of the word "we." They asked, "Whose we?" They said he could just be referring to his friends or family who were helping him search.

They also said it was strange that the cars were there because if she went off voluntarily she could have just taken the car. I think they were just exploring all potential theories.

Imo
EXCELLENT EXPLANATION!!!!!!

JMO
You are correct @HongKongPhooey. Although it's not confirmed BM worked alone on Sunday, he did say in his YT video with TD that his crew was coming in on Sunday night to work on Monday.

How would it help Suzanne? These things dont usually turn out good. By the time he does the interview she's already dead or in confinement.

That could be true but you always want to try with the hope that someone spots the victim and calls LE.

Just like this random person spotted a serial killer because she had seen news about him that had a picture of him.

"Texas news website Click2Houston has reported that Matthew was camping on a beach on the Bolivar Peninsula when an observer reported him to authorities."

Jesse Matthew arrested in Galveston TX, extradition begun

The perp is probably not going to all of a sudden begin to feel sorry for what he/she did and free the victim, but the hope is someone that saw the plea for help would spot the victim and call LE. Usually, the more media coverage the better to help find a missing person.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member