Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not have an opinion on the note until I saw the DM photo depicting a "baby blue" bike which is a distinctive bike color, and why I don't think BM was describing the helmet color.
<rsbm>

Just now seeing that the bike note is sourced in the Daily Mail. If that is the case, it can be posted here and linked appropriately.

I can’t remember if @OldCop posted this or it was on PE. But the theory was that the item found on Hwy 50 was just a short distance heading away from the direction you’d go if you were heading to Denver.

Basically, if a perp wanted to make it seem like she was abducted and heading away from Denver while the perp’s alibi places them in Denver it might be yet another misdirection for LE to follow.

I’m pretty sure this was @OldCop ’s theory.
Were we assuming that if there was an item on the highway that was evidently thrown out of a moving vehicle was thrown out by a perp? What if it was thrown out by SM?

Were we assuming that if there was an item on the highway that was evidently thrown out of a moving vehicle was thrown out by a perp? What if it was thrown out by SM?

Are you saying that after the abrupt ending of Suzanne 's conversation with her best friend Barry persuaded /forced her to leave the house with him?

She doesn't. We've seen her bike helmet and it's turquoise or teal, not baby blue like the bike frame.
I would call her bike helmet color "aqua", but that's the problem with color terms. "Baby blue" just might be a description someone would use [especially if they didn't have my VAST color vocabulary ;)]. In other words, IMO it's important not to hang too much on a color label.
Also, I sell both bikes and helmets: people go all over the map with their color descriptions, and so do the companies that make them.

Are you saying that after the abrupt ending of Suzanne 's conversation with her best friend Barry persuaded /forced her to leave the house with him?
Maybe. Or maybe not. What if she got fed up with him, drove up the hill, and put it somewhere. She came back, and he blew his stack? I'm inventing freely here. I just don't assume that if an item was found it must have been BM who put it there.

<rsbm>

Just now seeing that the bike note is sourced in the Daily Mail. If that is the case, it can be posted here and linked appropriately.
@OldCop --we have the approval to post the note if you can link to DM. (I've never seen the note published in any MSM including DM so maybe you have it. My only reference is YT via FB ).

Last edited:
I would call her bike helmet color "aqua", but that's the problem with color terms. "Baby blue" just might be a description someone would use [especially if they didn't have my VAST color vocabulary ;)]. In other words, IMO it's important not to hang too much on a color label.
Also, I sell both bikes and helmets: people go all over the map with their color descriptions, and so do the companies that make them.
OK, If you're gonna go all RGB then fine!! (I'm still living in the Pantone days). :cool:

We have zero evidence that BM was in Denver other than his word. Most recently, it's been alleged that BM's vehicle GPS data is not consistent with information BM told police so I guess there's that.

By chance did CCSO confirm the anonymous family member's statements regarding the GPS data? Due to basement flooding, I haven't had a chance to keep up on official statements from investigators.

Can we test out the idea that he wasn't in Denver when he made that call? That he went to Denver later, or earlier AND later (i.e. 2 trips)?
What evidence do we have other than his say-so that he was in Denver when he made that call?
Well that would certainly explain the alleged discrepancy in Barry’s truck gps vs. what he told LE (per family member as reported by LS)...also if LE tracked BM’s cell phone pings couldn’t they tell his location when he called the neighbor (or daughters or tried to call Suzanne)? Maybe LE got surveillance video of BM somewhere in Salida when he said he was in Denver?? He would be so busted & disgusted if he lied about Denver though and I always believed from the beginning that he really went to Denver for a job Sunday morning in order to have an alibi. But maybe it’s possible that was as big of a lie as fire fighter training? Could he really that dumb though? I mean you never know...lots of dumb criminals have come before him. I will be surprised if he wasn’t in Denver but it is always good to explore other ideas. And like you said, what if he went, snuck back and returned to Denver? You might be onto something with that idea...

By chance did CCSO confirm the anonymous family member's statements regarding the GPS data? Due to basement flooding, I haven't had a chance to keep up on official statements from investigators.
Nope. And Crimeonline reported the Sheriff declined to comment when contacted.

Last edited:
She doesn't. We've seen her bike helmet and it's turquoise or teal, not baby blue like the bike frame.
I think RickShawfan is saying maybe Suzanne’s bike wasn’t baby blue but the teal color like her helmet? Maybe BM is color blind or all blues not navy he calls “baby blue”? The interesting thing about the baby blue bike description is the bike on the back of the Subaru does appear to be baby blue. Would LE release the bike that soon? Is it possible BM took the bike home and after LE realized something was suspicious they came and got it later and that’s why BM was complaining about ten people touching the bike?

<rsbm>

Think this is misunderstood, I could be wrong. I think Seattle1 is saying that they personally formed an opinion as to what the Note read after they saw the photo of Barry and bikes in the Daily Mail. Not that a copy of the note is in the daily mail...

I think RickShawfan is saying maybe Suzanne’s bike wasn’t baby blue but the teal color like her helmet? Maybe BM is color blind or all blues not navy he calls “baby blue”? The interesting thing about the baby blue bike description is the bike on the back of the Subaru does appear to be baby blue. Would LE release the bike that soon? Is it possible BM took the bike home and after LE realized something was suspicious they came and got it later and that’s why BM was complaining about ten people touching the bike?

LE has not confirmed they removed the bike, have they?

I do not think the bike in the photos posted by DM were of her bike on the back of the car. However, if it was her bike is it possible BM “found” it and carted it away?

It would explain his desire to push that and their desire to not confirm the bike ride narrative.

Just thinking out loud with this speculation...

@OldCop --we have the approval to post the note if you can link to DM. (I've never seen the note published in any MSM including DM so maybe you have it. My only reference is YT via FB ).
I believe sillybilly read your post wrong. There is no DM article about “ the note “. You were talking about the DM
“ bike photo”. Just saying we are not going to find a MSM link or we would have seen by now. JMO

I think an OP (maybe @JnRyan?) found her model of bike helmet and called it salad green? Am I imagining that? I remember thinking it didn’t look like the color of a salad to me...I would call the helmet color teal blue, aqua blue or turquoise blue. And I would call the bike on the back of the Subaru baby blue or sky blue or Tiffany blue. There’s so many variations of color descriptions depending on the person describing it. But one thing I do believe is most girls would probably try and match the helmet color to their bike...or is that just me? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo