Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe sillybilly read your post wrong. There is no DM article about “ the note “. You were talking about the DM
“ bike photo”. Just saying we are not going to find a MSM link or we would have seen by now. JMO
Wasn’t the note shown on YouTube some weeks ago? I saw it. I don’t remember where.

I believe sillybilly read your post wrong. There is no DM article about “ the note “. You were talking about the DM
“ bike photo”. Just saying we are not going to find a MSM link or we would have seen by now. JMO

I saw that note somewhere...could it have been Plunder? TD did that video where he found the snack bag with writing on it that he said looked like the note so I went and looked at the note after I saw that. Plunder not an approved source on WS though. I’m going to go look...brb

Ok yep Plunder May 28th has the note.

Last edited:
Thoughts:

I don't think we have any proof of what clothing Suzanne was wearing at the time she went missing. I think the wedding ring is displayed prominently, because other than her physical appearance, her ring may be the one constant on "her person."

Has LE stated what she was wearing? Or does this info come from BM? What was Suzanne wearing when he left at 5:00am? Her bike clothes? Was her nightgown in the hamper? What was she wearing the evening before?

By chance did CCSO confirm the anonymous family member's statements regarding the GPS data? Due to basement flooding, I haven't had a chance to keep up on official statements from investigators.
Still catching up but in case this was unanswered:
no, they never confirmed or denied that statement about the truck data being different that what he told investigators.

I think RickShawfan is saying maybe Suzanne’s bike wasn’t baby blue but the teal color like her helmet? Maybe BM is color blind or all blues not navy he calls “baby blue”? The interesting thing about the baby blue bike description is the bike on the back of the Subaru does appear to be baby blue. Would LE release the bike that soon? Is it possible BM took the bike home and after LE realized something was suspicious they came and got it later and that’s why BM was complaining about ten people touching the bike?

I saw the "baby blue" bike for the very first time today as depicted in the DM photo posted by @EggSalad .

I also said I thought blue bike (one of the two bikes in the DM photo) probably belonged to a daughter as SM's bike is most likely in police evidence and not on a bike rack behind a car.

It's true that we really don't know what SM's bike looks like, or even how many bikes she owns, for that matter.

It's possible that the daughter has a matching bike, or the baby blue bike on the rack belongs to SM, and her daughter borrowed it for the camping trip to Idaho.

(I don't believe the bike ride ever happened so don't know why I even started talking about it)!! ;)

Think this is misunderstood, I could be wrong. I think Seattle1 is saying that they personally formed an opinion as to what the Note read after they saw the photo of Barry and bikes in the Daily Mail. Not that a copy of the note is in the daily mail...
That is correct. AFAIK, that note has not been featured in any MSM article.
Yet.
Maybe someone should message Lauren? :)

I saw that note somewhere...could it have been Plunder? TD did that video where he found the snack bag with writing on it that he said looked like the note so I went and looked at the note after I saw that. Plunder not an approved source on WS though. I’m going to go look...brb
It was in the TD video on YT. The first video he posted. (Yellow shirt TD)

Thoughts:

I don't think we have any proof of what clothing Suzanne was wearing at the time she went missing. I think the wedding ring is displayed prominently, because other than her physical appearance, her ring may be the one constant on "her person."

Has LE stated what she was wearing? Or does this info come from BM? What was Suzanne wearing when he left at 5:00am? Her bike clothes? Was her nightgown in the hamper? What was she wearing the evening before?

BM reportedly told SM’s family that she was asleep when he left. I believe that was in the PE video.

Thoughts:

B&IBM This is a good detail that might not have been thought of by the perpetrator if she was killed before she went to bed. But I’d guess it depends on if the laundry hamper was empty or had several days of dirty clothes already in it. But I bet these are the kind of little details that investigators look for!

Think this is misunderstood, I could be wrong. I think Seattle1 is saying that they personally formed an opinion as to what the Note read after they saw the photo of Barry and bikes in the Daily Mail. Not that a copy of the note is in the daily mail...
You are correct @Murphy1950. I've never seen the "note" in any MSM including DM. We are discussing the note now (on main thread) because it was recently touched upon by the host of PE. I've seen the note allegedly* by BM only on YT (not WS approved).

ETA: As discussed on PE, BM allegedly left a note at Poncha Springs Market.
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Last edited:
It was in the TD video on YT. The first video he posted. (Yellow shirt TD)
So if it was also on a TD video we still can’t post the photo of the note here unless the yellow shirt video was the approved BM interview. Well it’s easy to find for whoever hasn’t seen it.

Would not anyone have a stack of flyers in their vehicle that they - or daughters - made on the computer ready to go, to put up anywhere they stopped?

The note is practically illiterate and written on the back of some trash paper.
Sounds like he is mad at his wife.

Last edited:
Things to hide in order to stage a bike ride scenario...
Yep PE was definitely implying they believe there is a connection between the items listed on BM’s note and the personal item(s) found...like he was setting it up knowing these items would or could be found and would then be associated with Suzanne AND the supposed bike ride. :cool:

I have made it clear what side of the fence I'm on but this is just next level! I do see BM losing his temper without a doubt. I just can't imagine anyone would be so depraved as to then remover her jewelry and sell it to a pawn shop?

bbm
Agreed -- but even worse, would be the risk of doing that. Why? It's like leaving a trail. Take them -- why? To look like a robbery? Okay,well, maybe, but if you do, leave them somewhere so that someone else will find them and pawn them. Pawn shops are under law -- in my state, NC, at least -- to send to local LE what they buy each day. Who knoze what info (film, perhaps) they have on hand for an investigation by LE? SMH.

BBM:

Returning to my familiar refrain for this case:
"For the love of money is the root of all evil."
That ring looks to have cost a pretty penny.

I don't think there's any way this perp left that ring on her finger.
I don't think it was pawned, either.
There's no way the perp would gift it to someone else.
Because, M$ney.

I see a couple of possibilities:

1) The ring was left behind at the house somewhere SM might plausibly have removed it herself, e.g., on her bedside nightstand, next to the kitchen sink, etc.
2) The perp squirreled it away somewhere for safekeeping.

JMO.
Was my thinking also.

I think an OP (maybe @JnRyan?) found her model of bike helmet and called it salad green? Am I imagining that? I remember thinking it didn’t look like the color of a salad to me...I would call the helmet color teal blue, aqua blue or turquoise blue. And I would call the bike on the back of the Subaru baby blue or sky blue or Tiffany blue. There’s so many variations of color descriptions depending on the person describing it. But one thing I do believe is most girls would probably try and match the helmet color to their bike...or is that just me? :p
No, I went with teal. (Same colors as my son's HS soccer team.) I don't know if we ever determined if that was Suzanne's bike as the DM article stated it was taken NEAR their house. At the parking area near Fooses Lake or the one up near Hwy 50? And there are two bikes on the rack, so I don't know if that is even her bikes or her vehicle. That photo could have been taken in a parking lot and that vehicle and those bikes are not even related to SM and BM. And it is not just the ladies who color coordinate their helmet colors, racers - men and women - do it to match their racing kit and many other serious cyclists follow suit by matching their bike and/or jersey.

"If" he left on Sunday morning at 5 a.m., How is that justified by supposedly going to Denver to allegedly set things up for the crew on Monday? Did the text messages fall off suddenly on Saturday with the best friend? IMO something happened to her Saturday night, and that helps explain why he allegedly left at 5 a.m. There is "something" about that 5 a.m. hour. What is the proof he was there at all on Sunday morning? Either of them for that matter.

When I read "I did not have an opinion on the note until I saw the DM photo depicting a "baby blue" bike", yes ... I thought it was a photo of the note that contained the word "baby blue bike".

Sorry, if it's not available in MSM or other approved sources we're back to "no link, no post".

I think RickShawfan is saying maybe Suzanne’s bike wasn’t baby blue but the teal color like her helmet? Maybe BM is color blind or all blues not navy he calls “baby blue”? The interesting thing about the baby blue bike description is the bike on the back of the Subaru does appear to be baby blue. Would LE release the bike that soon? Is it possible BM took the bike home and after LE realized something was suspicious they came and got it later and that’s why BM was complaining about ten people touching the bike?
Maybe he staged a daughter's bike by mistake?
What if "baby blue" is significant in the sense that he staged a "baby blue" bike, but that might not have been SM's bike. And now he's going all out with the "baby blue" thing to make everyone assume SM actually had a "baby blue" bike.
Or
Maybe he's one of those clueless guys (apologies here) that don't know what their spouse's bike looks like? And he did the wrong one? And this is how LE knew right away, that the bike thing was made up?

This could be like the biggest murder booboo ever: staging a bicycle to cover your wife's disappearance but putting someone else's out there.

Maybe a daughter had the same color bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo