Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the bike in the ravine wasn't actually Suzanne's bike. Hence LE's refusal to speak to it. What if that IS Suzanne's bike, on the back of the vehicle which traveled to Idaho? What if ANOTHER bike remained behind, an inoperable one, one awaiting repair?

Imagine if LE said, "we've recovered TWO bikes." Our minds would've been blown. What if they told BM, "we believe someone staged a bike ride. It's problematic for us because what we found wasn't her bike and it was inoperable...." if any campers were aware of which bikes were where and in what condition, a story would've come apart IMMEDIATELY.

Note to self: if I ever need to sell a bike story, self, check to see if bike works.

If Suzanne's helmet was recovered, I REALLY want to know if it was BUCKLED or not!!!

Just some of my hinky thoughts

Is there a possibility of SM getting a bike as a loan till hers would be repaired?

For how many days did Idaho trip last? Over a week? And all that time BM stayed at home with SM. Even if he was out of the house for most of the time, it would be uncharacteristic of a controlling man to not notice that, well, his property was damaged.

Another thought, baby blue or teal...daltonism comes in different degrees and forms, but 8% of men suffer from a certain degree of it, give or take, and oftentimes the person may never be even aware.

I wonder if it could be the case? So he perceived both as baby blue.

BBM:

Returning to my familiar refrain for this case:
"For the love of money is the root of all evil."
That ring looks to have cost a pretty penny.

I don't think there's any way this perp left that ring on her finger.
I don't think it was pawned, either.
There's no way the perp would gift it to someone else.
Because, M$ney.

I see a couple of possibilities:

1) The ring was left behind at the house somewhere SM might plausibly have removed it herself, e.g., on her bedside nightstand, next to the kitchen sink, etc.
2) The perp squirreled it away somewhere for safekeeping.

JMO.

The ring is not her sole jewelry. They had many anniversaries,
If Suzanne was meant to disappear from the bike ride, the jewelry is likely at home. If she were to be just abducted, clothes, jewelry and all, then there is a possibility that the jewelry could be consigned to a medium-size auction house, of which there are many, all over the world, as not everyone is following SM’s case.

Questioning the credibility of family member comments might be considered rude by some. The fact they wish to remain anonymous in the story is probably no different than many members on this forum wishing for their comments to be anonymous.

as far as why the family members giving information to PE or LS or whoever want to remain anonymous, my initial impression was that it had zilch to do with BM and everything to do with their daughters. i sense a divide in the family, and those girls are probably standing by their dad (at least for appearances), at the moment. the family members are probably really struggling to know how to handle this scenario, and therefore, anonymity is best for now, so that toes aren't stepped on. i don't think it has anything to do with being worried about what BM will think, but it might have to do with how he will react.

and as someone said earlier in the thread, it's not like PE and LS don't know who the family leakers are, it's that PE and LS chose not to release their identities to the public bc they were asked not to. perhaps some of the family members are also keeping up with appearances to the rest of the members that don't suspect BM (aka his family members).

moo.

Exactly how does one go about daily life waiting for the other shoe to drop? Must be super stressful ...
I know, what you mean, but I stumbled about the words "shoe to drop" : there are other cases inside/outside CO, where a victim lost ONE shoe ...... Did LE find ONE shoe of Suzanne perhaps? We won't know for some time, unfortunately.

Good point. It’s a Sunday, let alone Mother’s Day. He could’ve at least slept in with her and had breakfast together before spending the rest of the day in Denver.

Maybe 5 am because it allows him to avoid describing events of the morning with SM. She was sleeping.

MOO, speculation.
5am is about an hour before sunrise that time of year. Early enough to be dark, but late enough to be a plausible time to head out to work. Plus the "she was sleeping" excuse you mention. So if he needed to have a plausible excuse for his truck being on the road near that time, but still having the cover of dark during that time to not be spotted somewhere...5am is a convenient time to leave.

Also one other comment...for those that don't know the terrain in this area, it's very, very rough. Unfortunately, I think finding a body, even if near the home, could be incredibly difficult. Plus there could be lots of places on the way to Denver...

sbm
This would likely mean he was in the area when he called the neighbor, and not in Denver...I don't have this figured out yet.
"IF" he threw the bike down the embankment, the thing rolling around in my noggin has been..it could have been too early to do it at 5 in the morning, or overnight. By too early I mean, what if it were discovered at 8 a.m. by someone else? So maybe you're right that he hung around the area to stage the bike scene at a more logical time.
But I have to admit I'm not up on the details of the scene, how out of sight the bike was to a casual viewer etc.
I could buy, theoretically, her being frightened by a cougar, going over the embankment, and being carried off. But leaving no blood scent or clothing fragments on sharp rocks? No. And, earlier it was mentioned that a cougar would drag her body off "into the mountains". I don't agree with that. Generally wild predators like bears would drag a kill off maybe 100 yards and start eating it. I doubt that she was abducted by human being. Which imo leaves the husband,with the very curious tale of leaving at 5 am to spend nearly 24 hours setting up a work site for his crew to arrive on Monday. Leaving his beloved wife sleeping on Mother's day, without even a peck on the cheek of affection.

Last edited:
I don't know if they are or not. I doubt they are, and I explained why in prior posts. However, I would find their statements much more credible if not cloaked with anonymity, as I also indicated in prior posts.
I just assumed that they don't want their names out there partly because LE would never include them in the loop next time. Aside from sensitive family dynamics.

Cindizzi could you tell me how Salida is pronounced there? I would think with a typical spanish "i", but I keep hearing it rhyme with "my", that middle syllable.

I've been wondering this too, I've been saying Sal-ee-da in my head

I've never heard the Spanish pronunciation (salida means "exit" or "gateway") used in reference to the town, only the "lie" version.

How to Pronounce Salida
  1. The first pronunciation (Sa-LEE-Duh) is proper Spanish.
  2. The second pronunciation (Sa-LIE-Duh) is correct locally.
https://www.salidawalkingtours.com/how-to-pronounce-salida

I know, what you mean, but I stumbled about the words "shoe to drop" : there are other cases inside/outside CO, where a victim lost ONE shoe ...... Did LE find ONE shoe of Suzanne perhaps? We won't know for some time, unfortunately.
Man weiß, dass etwas Schlimmes passieren wird, und ist ständig in (negativer) Erwartungshaltung

bbm
Great post. ^^^

Yes, that's what he says she was doing.
But if so, why couldn't the friend ever get a hold of her ?
Why did the texting stop abruptly, and then the tone "change" ?

At the very least, Suzanne would've responded to the text with something like--"sorry, battery went too low, or lost signal, now--where were we regarding the wedding discussions ?".
But, nothing.

And why from the beginning did BM want to be described as "the husband" ?
Why disguise himself like that when his wife was missing, and (according to the reward promised w/no questions asked) possibly abducted ?

One could put it down to a quirky personality, but LE are most certainly not treating it as such !
Imo.
RBBM Yes, @LietKynes. Now you’ve got me thinking again.
And why that lame YT video that hardly anyone would see when he could have spread information about his wife to the world via a press conference with LE?
Because it was too soon?
Why the secrecy?
It just occurred to me that maybe BM knew someone had seen him somewhere he shouldn’t have been or doing something he shouldn’t have been doing during the crucial hours when SM went missing. It was someone he didn’t know, but BM was afraid a memory would be jogged if that person saw him again on tv or in the press. Under pressure he made the YT video so it would look like he was doing something to help find his wife. In reality, it was ineffective. And, except for the TD video, no one has really seen BM publicly since.
Is BM hoping memories will fade over time?
MOO

Regarding the two cars in driveway, neither being BMs... A possible explanation could be BM wanted his truck and phone in Denver on Sunday for an alibi, so drove up there and had someone, maybe employee meet him there (or towed a car up on a trailer), drove car back to house to finish cleanup / staging. Then took that car back to Denver to get his truck and phone, returning to Salida in it at 9pm.

If someone local or an employee knows BM borrowed a car that day, they could be a potential accomplice. Maybe BM had to get gas in that car along the way.

Given that we learned that Barry’s truck GPS doesn’t match what he’s told LE, I don’t think he was wise enough to switch cars or rent a car or anything like that.

It would be great to know to what extent the data doesn’t match. But it makes me think that BM did not have a good grasp on his truck exposing what he did on 5/9 and 5/10 and therefor did not have an alternate vehicle to help cover his tracks.

I've never heard the Spanish pronunciation (salida means "exit" or "gateway") used in reference to the town, only the "lie" version.

How to Pronounce Salida
  1. The first pronunciation (Sa-LEE-Duh) is proper Spanish.
  2. The second pronunciation (Sa-LIE-Duh) is correct locally.
https://www.salidawalkingtours.com/how-to-pronounce-salida
A lot of towns around there have odd pronunciations. The nearby town of Buena Vista is pronounced more like “Boon-a Vista” than “Bwena Vista.” At least that‘s what my CO family tells me.

"IF" he threw the bike down the embankment, the thing rolling around in my noggin has been..it could have been too early to do it at 5 in the morning, or overnight. By too early I mean, what if it were discovered at 8 a.m. by someone else? So maybe you're right that he hung around the area to stage the bike scene at a more logical time.
But I have to admit I'm not up on the details of the scene, how out of sight the bike was to a casual viewer etc.
I could buy, theoretically, her being frightened by a cougar, going over the embankment, and being carried off. But leaving no blood scent or clothing fragments on sharp rocks? No. And, earlier it was mentioned that a cougar would drag her body off "into the mountains". I don't agree with that. Generally wild predators like bears would drag a kill off maybe 100 yards and start eating it. I doubt that she was abducted by human being. Which imo leaves the husband,with the very curious tale of leaving at 5 am to spend nearly 24 hours setting up a work site for his crew to arrive on Monday. Leaving his beloved wife sleeping on Mother's day, without even a peck on the cheek of affection.
RBBM. I think that if the bike was staged, (and IMHO it was), it was placed where it would be out of sight of the casual walker, biker, or car going by, but would be found rather quickly if you are actually searching for it. It was needed to be found to push the narrative, but not noticed before the drama could be played out. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321