Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I want to know why we didn't hear about the interrupted text convo from the beginning ?
If your wife is missing, should you not tell LE everything you know ?
Why did Suzanne's friend have to come forward and let us know finally when the last communication was outside of BM ?
Never mind the fact that BM has gone out of his way to disparage LE ("... 10 cops handled that bike and left their prints on it") and refused to hold a presser to get the word out.
Imo

Are you thinking the perp should have reported to LE from the beginning that SM was texting the evening before?
Maybe he didn't know, didn't realize, didn't see.... Maybe SM heard the perp coming and quickly shoved the phone into her purse? Maybe she felt she had to react that quickly because recently (speculation here) she had been criticized for spending time texting with friends.

Are you thinking the perp should have reported to LE from the beginning that SM was texting the evening before?
Maybe he didn't know, didn't realize, didn't see.... Maybe SM heard the perp coming and quickly shoved the phone into her purse? Maybe she felt she had to react that quickly because recently (speculation here) she had been criticized for spending time texting with friends.
bbm
Some good speculation there !
I didn't think of that.

Will try to clarify my comment.

No, I meant that for a long time (when someone's missing for three months and only just now the last sighting/contact outside of family is confirmed) no one seemed to know on what day Suzanne disappeared.
LE asked people to save their security footage from the 8th, not the morning of the 10th.
She was reported missing on the 10th-- so why was LE interested in footage from an earlier time ?
I have a theory but it doesn't involve Suzanne being seen on camera necessarily.
Why didn't BM just say he saw her last on Sat. night ?
Why did it have to come from a friend ?
Imo.

bbm
Someone upthread had suggested a sudden action that ended the text.

Speculation :
Either Suzanne was suddenly unable to continue or the phone was knocked from her hand ?

A violent blow to the head (texting suddenly stops !) and a moment later the texting continued, but with the change in style ?

As in someone (let's say a random perp although LE doesn't think this happened so why should we ?) struck her and then realized too late that she was texting and hurried to "finish the conversation " ?
MOO
Was thinking the same: blow to the head (what could be missing from the house?) or ligature strangulation.

Snipped for focus.
Whiplash! That would change the assumptions for every dyed in the wool WS-er: we are so used to assuming "the husband did it".
<modsnip> In this case- the actions of LE, BM's own words, and the tid-bits we learned from the family a couple of days ago point to him, MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
By chance did CCSO confirm the anonymous family member's statements regarding the GPS data? Due to basement flooding, I haven't had a chance to keep up on
lazy journalism .... in the old days no one would publish anything without 2 confirmed sources.... now anonymous family member stating something to LS that LE would have never said based on how tight-lipped LE has been so far gets out there as a 'scoop'....smh
Lazy journal? Nahhhh...
Needing two confirmed sources? Nahh... that's archaic.

Per WS guidelines, Barry is considered a victim too because he's a family member and has not been named a suspect. If the motives of a spouse are fair game, then so should the motives of the anonymous family member(s)* who communicated with Profiling Evil and Lauren Scharf.

* Note that because they insist on anonymity, we cannot actually know that they are family members. I trust that Profiling Evil and Lauren Scharf wouldn't knowingly lie to their audience, but neither one explained how they determined that the anonymous persons actually were family members.
^^bbm

@lamlawindy -- to be clear, BM is somewhat of a WS gray area because it's obvious to management that LE has cleared no one, and although BM is not named a POI, he's clearly the focus of investigators. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the two cars in driveway, neither being BMs... A possible explanation could be BM wanted his truck and phone in Denver on Sunday for an alibi, so drove up there and had someone, maybe employee meet him there (or towed a car up on a trailer), drove car back to house to finish cleanup / staging. Then took that car back to Denver to get his truck and phone, returning to Salida in it at 9pm.

If someone local or an employee knows BM borrowed a car that day, they could be a potential accomplice. Maybe BM had to get gas in that car along the way.

I like the fact that Lauren is willing to "commune" with citizen journalists/YouTubers and take questions online. She definitely seems to understand that technology has been a great leveling wind in the news business: Literally, a Dad With a Phone can produce content that is more interesting and entertaining than some studios with hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment.
I think the fact that LS has “communed” with DWAP and TD is because these YouTubers were physically on scene before she could be. I have to admit that I cringed a little when her first FB Live was in conjunction with DWAP, but I think she was just being tenacious in reaching out to those who were in the area.
You have to remember that Salida is 2 hours from Colorado Springs where she is based. Lauren has done more to cover this case than even the Denver media has.
I live in Colorado Springs and this is not like the Gannon Stauch case where reporters could literally park on the doorstep of the crime scene.

I think that not only has Youtube/Social Media affected how this case is being covered, but the fact that Salida is not in a Metro area.
Lauren is doing an excellent job IMO.

I think an OP (maybe @JnRyan?) found her model of bike helmet and called it salad green? Am I imagining that? I remember thinking it didn’t look like the color of a salad to me...I would call the helmet color teal blue, aqua blue or turquoise blue. And I would call the bike on the back of the Subaru baby blue or sky blue or Tiffany blue. There’s so many variations of color descriptions depending on the person describing it. But one thing I do believe is most girls would probably try and match the helmet color to their bike...or is that just me? :p

Dear BM,
Please point to the color of the bike you planted.
Thank you.
MOOScreenshot_20200814-002608.png

Regarding the two cars in driveway, neither being BMs... A possible explanation could be BM wanted his truck and phone in Denver on Sunday for an alibi, so drove up there and had someone, maybe employee meet him there (or towed a car up on a trailer), drove car back to house to finish cleanup / staging. Then took that car back to Denver to get his truck and phone, returning to Salida in it at 9pm.

If someone local or an employee knows BM borrowed a car that day, they could be a potential accomplice. Maybe BM had to get gas in that car along the way.
Lol, A couple of days ago, I thought to myself, did he try to pull a Leticia Stauch and rent a car to go from Denver to Maysville and back? Then I disregarded it thinking it was too far fetched. Maybe not?

Off topic for a moment. Those of you who enjoy Profiling Evil and are following the Tylee Ryan, JJ Vallow case, PE guys just posted a video this afternoon with a Dr. Salermo, discussing all the deaths in this case and the causes, etc. Very good video. And the guys were very interesting too. Interesting that Dr. Salermo has the same thoughts as many of our excellent sleuthers.
Thank you!

Per WS guidelines, Barry is considered a victim too because he's a family member and has not been named a suspect. If the motives of a spouse are fair game, then so should the motives of the anonymous family member(s)* who communicated with Profiling Evil and Lauren Scharf.

* Note that because they insist on anonymity, we cannot actually know that they are family members. I trust that Profiling Evil and Lauren Scharf wouldn't knowingly lie to their audience, but neither one explained how they determined that the anonymous persons actually were family members.
<rsbm>

Tricia made a thread specific exception in this case to allow Barry to be discussed as a POI as he is obviously being treated publicly as one by LE even though they have not officially categorized him as such. Approval was given to discuss him as a POI based on what is in MSM or by LE (but not to sleuth him). All other family members are still off limits under the WS victim friendly policy because they are obviously NOT being treated publicly as POI/suspects.

WRT, Lauren and the PE hosts, they are under absolutely no obligation to explain to the public how they vet their sources.

BBM:

As far as pressure points, there are any number of possibilities.
It could be the store the photograph shows them walking into with the flyers (is it a gas station?)
It could be the photos they selected for the flyer, which may have special meaning to the perp, either because of when or where they were taken, or because of the occasion.
It could be the omission of the bike ride narrative.
It could be the mention of the CBI and the FBI, along with CCSO.
It could be the appeal to the public to come forward with information rather than asking the public to BOLO for SM.

It could be all of the above.

We don't know what we don't know.
I think there are some buttons being pushed that we (the public) don't know about.
But I think LE knows a lot of what we don't know.
Scratch that: I know LE knows a lot of what we don't know, if you know what I mean.

They're maintaining a perfect poker face.
The fact that LE isn't showing their hand doesn't mean they aren't holding aces.
Just because we don't see the evidence they've gathered doesn't mean they haven't gathered evidence.

I think they're building this case very patiently and methodically.
I think they could arrest someone today based on what they have, but they're not ready to give up on finding SM, because they don't yet think they've exhausted every potential lead.

So there's that.

JMO.
Yes...

"They're maintaining a perfect poker face.
The fact that LE isn't showing their hand doesn't mean they aren't holding aces.
Just because we don't see the evidence they've gathered doesn't mean they haven't gathered evidence."

Was thinking the same: blow to the head (what could be missing from the house?) or ligature strangulation.
If it wasn't pre planned--I could see a moment in time rage. Strangulation comes to mind. But, it could have been a shove or hard push and she hit her head and died etc.
If so, the "Oh Susanne..." make so much sense to me.

Yes...

"They're maintaining a perfect poker face.
Just because we don't see the evidence they've gathered doesn't mean they haven't gathered evidence."
I wonder if that poker face demeanor is making someone nervous? In particular the second search of the home and the revelation that his story doesn't line up with his vehicle data, plus all the other stuff he probably knows they know or suspect.

Exactly how does one go about daily life waiting for the other shoe to drop? Must be super stressful ...

Thoughts on why a person would refuse a voice analysis is LE may want to compare his voice to another crime. He bears a striking resemblance to a photo of another crime.

The reference was to "voice stress analysis", not voice recognition. Voice stress analysis is to detect deception, so similar to polygraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321