Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed three things about the PE live...
1) They said before the communication with her girlfriend ended abruptly, “the conversation changed”..... I wonder if Suzanne was relating to her friends troubles with her marriage...?

2) The PE guys insinuated they knew exactly what BM was doing Saturday evening.... cleaning up a mess? Hiding a body?

3) There were two cars in the drive & neither belonged to BM. I’m thinking this is significant. Possibly someone who helped him ?

what do you think?
3). <modsnip> I don’t believe he’s dumb enough to have his accomplice park in his driveway on the same day his neighbor is dialing 911 on his behalf. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If" he left on Sunday morning at 5 a.m., How is that justified by supposedly going to Denver to allegedly set things up for the crew on Monday? Did the text messages fall off suddenly on Saturday with the best friend? IMO something happened to her Saturday night, and that helps explain why he allegedly left at 5 a.m. There is "something" about that 5 a.m. hour. What is the proof he was there at all on Sunday morning? Either of them for that matter.
I hadn’t thought much about the 5:00 a.m. leave time, but now you have me wondering. IIRC, we just learned this (that BM said he left at that time on Mother’s Day and SM was sleeping )from Profiling Evil speaking to a family member of SM.
It occurs to me that BM would need to have an account of his whereabouts that would be plausible to not only LE, but to his daughters, family and friends.

So, what if SM was known to never sleep past 6:00 a.m. ?
If he said he left home any later than 5:00, they would question whether he spoke to her and if she talked about her plans that day ( early morning bike ride, etc).
“ Mom wasn’t up when you left? “

My husband wakes up at 4:00 a.m. without an alarm every single day and has for decades. Our families in other states know this. They would question a story of him not being up at his regular time.
So that would explain his not talking to her that morning.

And if he really was out on the road at that time, he might have had the foresight to know that he would be caught on camera and that’s why he said he left home at 5:00.

Forgive my rambling. Just thinking about other missing women and kids where they were purportedly last seen “sleeping “.
JMO

Do You Have Any Information About These Missing Women?

August 13, 2020

Erika Lloyd, Cecilia Huerta Gallegos, Suzanne Morphew, Natalie Jones, and Sandra Crispo have all reportedly disappeared without a trace. Watch the video above to hear their stories and see if you recognize any of them.

If you have seen any of these women or have any information about them, please call the local authorities.

This episode of Dr. Phil airs Thursday. Check here to see where you can watch.

Video at link:
Do You Have Any Information About These Missing Women?

Attachments

• 4D9EEE87-B923-4D35-93AE-A33B4FFD29CE.jpeg
    4D9EEE87-B923-4D35-93AE-A33B4FFD29CE.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1
3). <modsnip> I don’t believe he’s dumb enough to have his accomplice park in his driveway on the same day his neighbor is dialing 911 on his behalf. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
I agree until I think of Fotis Dulos and his gf MT dumping bloody bags full of evidence in Hartford after he killed Jennifer - sometimes arrogance leads to unbelievably stupid decisions
IMO
ETA - and all this was caught on video

I agree until I think of Fotis Dulos and his gf MT dumping bloody bags full of evidence in Hartford after he killed Jennifer - sometimes arrogance leads to unbelievably stupid decisions
IMO
Criminals do dumb stuff, it’s true. Possibly, there are things about Mother’s Day that we don’t know, things that might explain the cars in the driveway. Maybe the girls had the neighbor dial 911 prematurely, before Barry had the chance to set up everything correctly. Maybe he thought he had more time. Even so, leaving an accomplice’s vehicle parked in the driveway is deeply idiotic.

Good point. It’s a Sunday, let alone Mother’s Day. He could’ve at least slept in with her and had breakfast together before spending the rest of the day in Denver.

Maybe 5 am because it allows him to avoid describing events of the morning with SM. She was sleeping.

MOO, speculation.
bbm
Great post. ^^^

Yes, that's what he says she was doing.
But if so, why couldn't the friend ever get a hold of her ?
Why did the texting stop abruptly, and then the tone "change" ?

At the very least, Suzanne would've responded to the text with something like--"sorry, battery went too low, or lost signal, now--where were we regarding the wedding discussions ?".
But, nothing.

And why from the beginning did BM want to be described as "the husband" ?
Why disguise himself like that when his wife was missing, and (according to the reward promised w/no questions asked) possibly abducted ?
One could put it down to a quirky personality, but LE are most certainly not treating it as such !
Imo.

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't make sense that he would ask the neighbor to check if the cars are there only to incriminate himself.

lazy journalism .... in the old days no one would publish anything without 2 confirmed sources.... now anonymous family member stating something to LS that LE would have never said based on how tight-lipped LE has been so far gets out there as a 'scoop'....smh

Welcome to WS, I see you’re somewhat new, like myself.
MOO I actually believe LE did give some info to SM’s family in Indiana.
Not sure if you followed Gannon Stauch case (Colorado Springs). LE gave info to the Gannon’s father a sock and board with blood on it had been recovered in one of their searches looking for Gannon’s body. Dad shared the info with the perp stepmother (sitting in El Paso County jail charged with murder now). She had all kinds of excuses how those items ended up 30 miles from Gannon’s home.

Your other point about the reporter I feel is very unfair to this particular reporter. She’s busted her butt trying to keep this case in the media! Every missing person should be so lucky to have a Lauren Scharf on their side! LS is consistently professional.

IMO
ETA - and all this was caught on video
bbm
It looks like we are seeing just that in Suzanne's case.

Why not make a video a bit longer than 26 second snippet ?
Why say , "Oh...Suzanne." As if she left of her own volition ?

And even if she did, then why offer a reward with stipulations that can never be met (safe and unharmed even though kidnapped and held for 3+months now !) ??
Imo.

Not sure if you followed Gannon Stauch case (Colorado Springs). LE gave info to the Gannon’s father a sock and board with blood on it had been recovered in one of their searches looking for Gannon’s body. Dad shared the info with the perp stepmother (sitting in El Paso County jail charged with murder now). She had all kinds of excuses how those items ended up 30 miles from Gannon’s home.

Your other point about the reporter I feel is very unfair to this particular reporter. She’s busted her butt trying to keep this case in the media! Every missing person should be so lucky to have a Lauren Scharf on their side! LS is consistently professional.
ITA - we don’t know what LE shared with the IN relatives but I bet they shared more with them than they did with the husband IMO
And I’m a huge fan of Lauren she’s done everything to keep this story in the news
JMO

bbm
This ! ^^^

I think LS is savvy enough to weed out the red herrings and misinformation that might be presented to her as factual.
Imo.

PE has a great working relationship with Lauren and they have made very clear. My opinion is that one led the family member to the other, and/or was given permission to share the information with one another. They are working as a team for Suzanne, not against each other. Suzanne's family member(s) wished to speak, and keep Suzanne in the news, and ask for answers. I feel its very rude to question them, their intentions, or the intentions of those they chose to entrust. Barrys family member asking for answers from LE on something that made no sense to him is no different than Suzanne's family member doing the same. Except Suzanne's family remained anonymous and did not bash LE. Jmo.

A text conversation might end very quickly if someone showed up with a gun, or grabbed the phone, or something else very menacing.
True, but since that someone would have to be BM (since he says he saw her the following morning), I was speculating that it seems less likely that he would pull a gun or grab a phone or something while she's in the middle of an online conversation with a friend. If it were an argument that escalated, she likely would have indicated something to her friend..... and if it were a planned ambush, why do it while she's conversing on-line? Again, anything is possible, I was only stating an opinion and what I think is more probable (which cutting the internet feed makes more sense, IMO) ....MOO, JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I want to know why we didn't hear about the interrupted text convo from the beginning ?
If your wife is missing, should you not tell LE everything you know ?
Why did Suzanne's friend have to come forward and let us know finally when the last communication was outside of BM ?
Never mind the fact that BM has gone out of his way to disparage LE ("... 10 cops handled that bike and left their prints on it") and refused to hold a presser to get the word out.
Imo

I meant to ask you all.... Did anyone else notice what BM told the family member about when her left on Sunday Morning?
Mike even read the quote from the paper and made certain he quoted what BM said correctly;
Barry told the family member : “He was the last person to see Suzanne ALIVE at 5am....”
Unless LE told them she’s definitely dead and they found evidence to that effect, how else would BM know she’s dead? ... she’s still a missing person...

I trust Lauren and I trust the PE guys. I obviously believe in crowdsourcing as I’m on a site that searches for and discusses/shares information. I’m nervous about the people who insert themselves into an investigation and think they can do a better job than the professionals. If I were a source I would keep my identity private to prevent those individuals finding me and even compromising the investigation.

I meant to ask you all.... Did anyone else notice what BM told the family member about when her left on Sunday Morning?
Mike even read the quote from the paper and made certain he quoted what BM said correctly;
Barry told the family member : “He was the last person to see Suzanne ALIVE at 5am....”
Unless LE told them she’s definitely dead and they found evidence to that effect, how else would BM know she’s dead? ... she’s still a missing person...
Well thats a good catch! Wow.

EXACTLY!!!! Yes, I noticed that and remember it very well. Another “slip up” for ole Barry. If the guy was accessible to the press and reporters, can you imagine how many “slip ups” he would have. He’s reminding me a little of Letecia Stauch with the numerous scenarios of how their loved one has ended up missing, pushing their narratives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member