Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it would be the other way around? BM doesn’t strike me as the sensitive, let’s go to therapy or let’s work it out guy. He’s more of the my way or the highway type if we go by rumors and family statements. SM as the docile, sweet, church-going mother and wife does more to me?
From the little we know about their personalities, that is probably more likely. I see the camping trip as being some sort of catalyst or precursor to....something.

From the little we know about their personalities, that is probably more likely. I see the camping trip as being some sort of catalyst or precursor to....something.
Agreed, too many stars were perfectly aligned for Barry that weekend. If he’s the culprit, let’s hope they come falling down from the sky landing on his head.

Welcome to WS, I see you’re somewhat new, like myself.
MOO I actually believe LE did give some info to SM’s family in Indiana.
Not sure if you followed Gannon Stauch case (Colorado Springs). LE gave info to the Gannon’s father a sock and board with blood on it had been recovered in one of their searches looking for Gannon’s body. Dad shared the info with the perp stepmother (sitting in El Paso County jail charged with murder now). She had all kinds of excuses how those items ended up 30 miles from Gannon’s home.

Your other point about the reporter I feel is very unfair to this particular reporter. She’s busted her butt trying to keep this case in the media! Every missing person should be so lucky to have a Lauren Scharf on their side! LS is consistently professional.

Yes and I think LE these days never releases information to family unless they want it to be leaked for various reasons.

I respectfully disagree. Questioning motives is one of the best ways to get to the truth. Exploring possible motives to fabricate is always something I do when I cross-examine a witness. It assists a judge or jury when determining witness credibility.

Moreover, many on WS have pointed out that Barry Morphew's statements can be considered self-serving & have cast doubt on his actions (or lack thereof). Per WS guidelines, Barry is considered a victim too because he's a family member and has not been named a suspect. If the motives of a spouse are fair game, then so should the motives of the anonymous family member(s)* who communicated with Profiling Evil and Lauren Scharf.

* Note that because they insist on anonymity, we cannot actually know that they are family members. I trust that Profiling Evil and Lauren Scharf wouldn't knowingly lie to their audience, but neither one explained how they determined that the anonymous persons actually were family members.

And they don’t have to. You seem to be inferring that:

1. Family members might have a reason to lie.
2. These journalists may not have vetted their sources properly because they aren’t that good at their jobs. (A post of yours talking about how LS seems to respect youtube journalists indicates some of that).

I don’t think these inferences are going to cast much doubt as to the veracity of the reported statements. The statements ring true and match what we’ve seen in previous cases, for those of us who have followed a gazillion of these cases.

I don't know if they are or not. I doubt they are, and I explained why in prior posts. However, I would find their statements much more credible if not cloaked with anonymity, as I also indicated in prior posts.

Why on earth would that even be a possibility that Suzanne’s family concocts a fake story to cast aspersions on Barry? No everyone has it in them do so something like that. I’d venture to guess most people have much more integrity than that.

It was 2017 that she said she wanted 20 more years. Things change, people change. A move can make or break a relationship sometimes, just like building a house together. Then, another bout with cancer- that is quite a test in and of itself.
We just don’t know what was going on behind closed doors, but I did notice that she did not post pictures of BM in the last two years on her FB page, why did she stop? Something seemed to change after 2017 IMO...

He learned how to use the camera feature on his phone, in the non-selfie setting; and took all of the pictures of her after 2017? Just a guess. IMO

Why on earth would that even be a possibility that Suzanne’s family concocts a fake story to cast aspersions on Barry? No everyone has it in them do so something like that. I’d venture to guess most people have much more integrity than that.

I can’t imagine they’d do that. That would be incredibly hurtful to the daughters, and would get no one closer to finding Suzanne or justice. It makes no sense.

MOO

I've never heard the Spanish pronunciation (salida means "exit" or "gateway") used in reference to the town, only the "lie" version.

How to Pronounce Salida
  1. The first pronunciation (Sa-LEE-Duh) is proper Spanish.
  2. The second pronunciation (Sa-LIE-Duh) is correct locally.
https://www.salidawalkingtours.com/how-to-pronounce-salida

I’d pronounce it only the first way. Everything else would be like using a fork in Chinese restaurant. Comfortable, but not interesting.
Just for fun, no spanish speaking person would pronounce it Sa lee duh unless they were talking with other English speakers!

That's the Americanized version of how to pronounce Spanish.

It would be: Sah-lee-dah.

But yeah, I have been pronouncing it Suh-lee-duh. Suh-lie-duh seems weird!

I understand how Spanish Salida should sound in Spanish, it is that transliteration is not how sounds are usually written in dictionaries. I don't know why.

I wonder if that poker face demeanor is making someone nervous? In particular the second search of the home and the revelation that his story doesn't line up with his vehicle data, plus all the other stuff he probably knows they know or suspect.

Exactly how does one go about daily life waiting for the other shoe to drop? Must be super stressful ...

Perhaps one is busy trying to sell 17.14 acres in Noblesville IN which is worth $195,500.00 according to Hamilton County ....with an asking price of $850,000.00.
The home built in 1900 is heated by electricity and has no basement ( tornado country.)
I would certainly want MY son to help me sell my place if my dear son moved way out west.
That could keep someone busy.
Typically I 've heard, "Busy people are happy people "......but probably not always.
MOO

I’d pronounce it only the first way. Everything else would be like using a fork in Chinese restaurant. Comfortable, but not interesting.

I understand how Spanish Salida should sound in Spanish, it is that transliteration is not how sounds are usually written in dictionaries. I don't know why.

Ah! I don’t understand how all of that works.

I don't know if they did or didn't. That's the problem with an anonymous source. As I stated, I think it's unlikely, but I can't be sure because of the anonymity.

And they don’t have to. You seem to be inferring that:

1. Family members might have a reason to lie.
2. These journalists may not have vetted their sources properly because they aren’t that good at their jobs. (A post of yours talking about how LS seems to respect youtube journalists indicates some of that).

I don’t think these inferences are going to cast much doubt as to the veracity of the reported statements. The statements ring true and match what we’ve seen in previous cases, for those of us who have followed a gazillion of these cases.

1. The anonymous family member may have a reason to lie. I don't know if s/he does or not. However, I won't categorically believe what an anonymous person says merely because s/he says it to a media entity.

2. The journalists may have not vetted their sources properly. I'm not going to assume automatically that they did their jobs correctly. BTW, my post about Lauren Scharf respecting YouTubers is a complement to her: I actually like the fact that she is willing to treat YouTubers as colleagues.

I don't know if they did or didn't. That's the problem with an anonymous source. As I stated, I think it's unlikely, but I can't be sure because of the anonymity.

There would be zero reason for them to create a fake story. Like I said, most people have more integrity than to do that, especially regarding a missing loved one.

With respect, I feel that this is an unfair attempt to create doubt in a reporter’s report with no legitimate basis for such doubt. Not being able to personally vet a reporter’s anonymous family source doesn’t seem like a valid basis. Because it doesn’t make sense.

Regardless, while this information rings true for many of us (there seems to be no motivation for family to fake this information and it is rather nuanced information- not an outright allegation nor is it a character attack), we are mostly not taking this as verified evidence. It’s simply more information to discuss regarding what possibly happened and who might have been responsible.

Please move on from bickering over anonymity of sources. It is just going round in circles, is derailing the thread, and belabouring an issue is no way helpful in determining what happened to Suzanne or by whom.

If MSM or LE or other WS approved sources cite anonymous sources, members are free to consider anonymity and credibility and either rely on the information provided or take it with a grain of salt.

Some of the discussion remains but if those remaining posts result in further disruption of the thread, they will also be removed.

Thread is open again.
bump

Perhaps one is busy trying to sell 17.14 acres in Noblesville IN which is worth $195,500.00 according to Hamilton County ....with an asking price of $850,000.00.
The home built in 1900 is heated by electricity and has no basement ( tornado country.)
I would certainly want MY son to help me sell my place if my dear son moved way out west.
That could keep someone busy.
Typically I 've heard, "Busy people are happy people "......but probably not always.
MOO

Remember, here in Indiana the "market value" of non-residential land need not be what a willing buyer is ready to pay a willing seller. "Market value" can also be computed as the present value of the income produced by the land. It can result in very odd situations, such as an assessed value of $195,500 on 17+ acres in Hamilton County. As odd as that is, it's WAY better than the old "true tax value" system that the Indiana Supreme Court decided was unconstitutional in the late 1990s.

Does anyone else remember, from that PE site a few days ago.... They were discussing having enough probable cause to get a search warrant for the house. One of the guys said that IHO if LE knew about the cessation of the text messages on Saturday evening, and then the supposedly leaving with her in bed at 5 am, and no further texts to the friend on Sunday morning, that would provide enough probable cause for a search warrant of the house. Maybe I am using the wrong term "=probable cause", whatever the terminology would be to secure a search warrant for the house. They were opining that LE can't just go say hey, we want to look inside.
I too keep going back to thoughts of concrete and the wood chipper too and wondering if those two machines could be run at the same time? Ugh
With the river front property being used it sounds pretty simple to dispose of someone or something right there.
Also I have wondered if the personal item found might have been a wig? Also hate that too but can’t think of a more demeaning thing to do to a recovering chemo/cancer patient. I hate this but trust LE has it under control.

Does anyone else remember, from that PE site a few days ago.... They were discussing having enough probable cause to get a search warrant for the house. One of the guys said that IHO if LE knew about the cessation of the text messages on Saturday evening, and then the supposedly leaving with her in bed at 5 am, and no further texts to the friend on Sunday morning, that would provide enough probable cause for a search warrant of the house. Maybe I am using the wrong term "=probable cause", whatever the terminology would be to secure a search warrant for the house. They were opining that LE can't just go say hey, we want to look inside.

You're using the right terminology :). I do remember that being discussed. IMHO, I one would need a little more to connect those two things to criminal activity, but probable cause is not a high burden for police to achieve. It's even less than the civil court more-likely-than-not burden.

Police can ask to search a home (a consent search), but the homeowner has every right to decline consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1