Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with portraying Barry as being in no shape to make public appearances. I hear he’s a regular at the gym. Not too soon for that! Not to mention selling real estate, buying property, drilling wells, laying driveways and what all. :rolleyes:
No one’s going to buy that defence.
Oh, and fragile?? You’re kidding, right??
I'm sitting here shaking my head.

It is amazing he's done all these things so quickly after she has disappeared.

I am considering this case from a legal standpoint. We have first amendment rights to discuss reports of media, including statements by anonymous sources. And the media has a first amendment freedom of the press.

You may consider it “trite” to state that this is not a courtroom. It’s a message board. I disagree. What happens in a court of law is crucial. No anonymous statement would be evidence in court.

But we have the right to discuss this information and give it whatever weight we would like. No one here is deciding a POI’s fate. If the media is spreading false information or wrongly targeting an innocent person, they can be sued.

In the meantime, we are going to continue to discuss things that would make many criminal defense attorneys squirm.
^^^^Love this! ^^^^^

I don’t know if his EGO is fragile or not but I know I certainly doubt his worth ;) even if he doesn’t ... moo.
I suspect he has a fragile ego but I was referring to his body image. Definitely not fragile. Wouldn’t take much effort to kill a small woman.

Didn’t take him long to get back into the “swing” of things. Quoting another OP, “Sun’s out, guns out!” He needs someone to validate him. Where better to “hook up” with someone that’s infatuated with him.
JMHO

I forget who originally mentioned this but the jewelry (wedding ring and necklace) being something found in the concrete dig is very intriguing.

If SM was murdered and the perp planted the bike and perhaps a helmet or biking clothes to send LE in another direction. They would still need to eliminate the things Susan would always have on her person (since clothing has already been covered). So that leaves a body and what else? A wedding ring seems likely. A necklace also seems likely, especially if that necklace had major significance and she never took it off. (Like a gift to commentate the birth of a child or beating cancer or it belonged to her late mother)

And you wouldn’t want to leave those items on a body as it would help with ID if the body is found.

It seems careless to try to hide a body under your work site but maybe not as careless to put some jewelry under the dirt when you know just 36 hours later concrete was going to be poured.

That might explain the sifting. And if anything was found, it couldn’t immediately be connected to SM since LE would have to do their due diligence, hence how they worded their press release at the time.

Anyway, just expounding on that theory that someone else started. I think it’s pretty brilliant.

Bike & Accessories in one general area to paint a fake picture.

Jewelry or any other critical on body items at the dig site.

Murder weapon some place else (river?)

Hide body in remote wilderness of CO with Alibi that allows for travel 2-3 hours away.

This is all speculation but based on new info regarding time frames, and prior info we’ve had, a potential picture is starting to make sense.
Personally I don’t think the person who killed her would throw that ring or necklace away ... BM definitely wouldn’t. IMO. He will have a story about how she NEVER wore her jewelry when she rode her bike. It’s probably true, too. I don’t think she wore her jewelry casually as in every minute of the day. I could be wrong, of course.
I think the item is “an article” just as BM stated - though he said he didn’t know what it was ... Its nothing that has ANY monetary value or he wouldn’t have thrown it out ... JMO.

bbm snipped
Thank you for explaining your thought process. We all see things differently and I like that.
I'm one of those that have not criticized Suzanne's family for their silence because I do believe they are privy to information from LE and might have been asked to keep quiet. That might be a foolish assumption on my part. We will see.
I’m thinking at this age 50+ that her family would have naturally stepped back and allowed BM to handle things - they more or less said they expected it - and in the beginning it seemed like the RIGHT thing to do... after all, he’s her husband and as far as they know... everything is fine because SM hasn’t burdened them with any of her problems (IF she thought they had any). I know a lot of people who simply pretend all the time on Social Media and in public that they have a perfect marriage. But I don’t think they did anything at first because they trusted BM to handle it... but he hasn’t. The longer she has been missing, the more they have heard and found out thing that they did not know... they have watched him - do nothing. They have watched him - sell her home in Indiana after being named guardian... they have watched him buy another property.
In their SHOCK and GRIEF, they watched and they waited ... but now they are beginning to think differently. They know they have to say something - do something IF their sister, relative and friend is to receive justice.
I think they are beginning to act ... give them time, I believe they truly love their sister.

Just watched the PE guys on a YouTube live ( not their channel, they are guests). I guess I can mention the name? It’s a crime.
Regarding the Saturday texting with her friend that suddenly ended, Chris said the friend “ went into panic mode “ .

Chris announced that the 2 cars in driveway are “ the 2 Range Rovers”

The host did not ask a follow up to that. Wish the guys had been able to talk more. It’s still going on but they have switched topics.
Rbbm. Thank you for sharing. That now leads me to believe something was said during the conversation to cause her to worry. If she panicked, she realized it was more than losing connection, falling asleep, a general distraction, etc. During their own show, Chris said something to the effect that the friend was desperately trying to find her friend but wasnt receiving "reciprocating type answers." I took this to mean BM wasnt cooperating or communicating well with her. It appears that maybe that communication attempt began Saturday night. Interesting. Jmho.

Rbbm. Thank you for sharing. That now leads me to believe something was said during the conversation to cause her to worry. If she panicked, she realized it was more than losing connection, falling asleep, a general distraction, etc. During their own show, Chris said something to the effect that the friend was desperately trying to find her friend but wasnt receiving "reciprocating type answers." I took this to mean BM wasnt cooperating or communicating well with her. It appears that maybe that communication attempt began Saturday night. Interesting. Jmho.
I would think that LE had both his and her phones (provided that she didn't have hers when she disappeared). As a matter of policy, most LE will not "reciprocate" any attempt by anyone to contact the phone's owner while it is in their custody. IMO

I would think that LE had both his and her phones (provided that she didn't have hers when she disappeared). As a matter of policy, most LE will not "reciprocate" any attempt by anyone to contact the phone's owner while it is in their custody. IMO
True. I think I remember reading that the fire chief said he didnt have his phone in the beginning. Im betting he got another one though, but he doesnt seem to be communicating well with SMs side, if anyone. We havent heard much from his side anymore either, except one of his friends who claims to talk with him.

I was wondering what SM relationship with her MIL was. In all of SM's pics she has a big smile, but the pic of her cooking was said to be taken by her MIL, and she did not look happy at all.
According to SMedia, it appears that the MIL and SM had a good relationship. The MIL appears to adore her whole family. By all accounts I have seen and heard so far, it appears SM loved all people. It seems she was genuine and kind. No one, especially not any side of the family, has said an unkind word about her.

If I may ask... did PE ever directly say which branch of LE went to Indiana and spoke with relatives in the first place? I mean there are ... what ... 3 - 4 agencies working this case. IF the sheriff denied anything ... maybe it’s because HE didn’t say anything... JMO.
PE did not but Fox21's LS recently responded to this question on her FB and stated it was CBI.

I’m thinking at this age 50+ that her family would have naturally stepped back and allowed BM to handle things - they more or less said they expected it - and in the beginning it seemed like the RIGHT thing to do...
After all, he’s her husband and as far as they know... everything is fine because SM hasn’t burdened them with any of her problems (IF she thought they had any).
I know a lot of people who simply pretend all the time on Social Media and in public that they have a perfect marriage.
I don’t think they did anything at first because they trusted BM to handle it... but he hasn’t. The longer she has been missing, the more they have heard and found out information that they did not know... they have watched him - DO NOTHING for 3 months.
They have watched him - sell her home in Indiana after being appointed guardian... they have watched him buy another property, they have watched him act as if nothing is wrong.
In their SHOCK and GRIEF, they watched and they waited ... but now they are beginning to think differently. They know they have to say something - do something IF their sister, relative and friend is to receive justice.
I think they are beginning to wake up and realize the awful truth ... give them time, I believe they truly love their sister.
I agree. I think most families would expect the spouse to handle things appropriately, then step in if they saw that wasnt happening. PE also addressed the fact that a spouse automatically has certain authority that family members wouldnt have. I was disturbed to realize that. I would like to think parents had as much authority over a victim as spouses, especially in cases like this. But apparently not. At least not without paperwork.

My issue with the item is ... IF she was abducted and the perp loaded her up then SHE would have had to have thrown the ITEM out the window because the item was found on the right side of highway - which would mean the driver couldn’t throw it out - and why would he throw anything out???? Maybe I’m not thinking about it right or picturing it correctly but it seems STAGED to me... like a bad movie where the victim throws something out leaving a clue as to which direction she was being taken. MOO
Because it was staged.

Suzanne did not throw the "item" (possibly helmet) out of any window. BM placed it there to further his bike & abduction theory, JMO.

This is the kind of thing that raises red flags, and could potentially be the thing that trips him up.

Let's say there were cast off blood droplets on the wall and evidence of pooling blood in the home. Along with the abrupt communication termination between Suzanne & her girlfriend Saturday night. Further her phone is not active at all after that time. No web browsing, facebook, reading scriptures on her bible app, nada. What about her apple watch or fitbit, was it synced with her laptop or tablet? Was there any activity that night or the next morning/day? What was her sleep score from Saturday night? Remember, he last saw her sleeping when he left at 5:00 AM Sunday morning.

Last edited:
Just watched the PE guys on a YouTube live ( not their channel, they are guests). I guess I can mention the name? It’s a crime.
Regarding the Saturday texting with her friend that suddenly ended, Chris said the friend “ went into panic mode “ .

The host did not ask a follow up to that. Wish the guys had been able to talk more. It’s still going on but they have switched topics.
Starting around 75 minute mark or right after, it says the daughters went into panic mode. I can't find where it says her best friend did.
Maybe I need a little help finding it.

I was wondering what SM relationship with her MIL was. In all of SM's pics she has a big smile, but the pic of her cooking was said to be taken by her MIL, and she did not look happy at all.
When I saw that picture I thought she looks just like I would look if someone pointed a camera at me early in the morning and I had messy hair, no makeup and reading glasses on. Not unhappy , just not thrilled. lol
I never heard that’s who took the pic but I’ve heard they were very close.
JMO

I'm curious to hear what peoples top "puzzlers" are in this case. I have 3 primary ones:

• The initial and immediate response of LE. A very strong and fast reaction. This really stands out to me, and why?
  • The complete silence from all involved. That is starting to change a bit, but what's the underlying reason?
  • Since I'm in the premeditated camp - motive?
All MOO.

Thank you for watching and posting this. I saw that they would be on but didn’t listen.

-I think the friends panic greatly increases the chances that she contacted LE well before SM was “missing”. Which explains why LE never considered the bike ride theory.

-2 Range Rovers is interesting. If they belonged to the M’s, those two cars plus BM’s truck is an awful lot of money invested in cars for a guy with a landscaping business. It could speak to family wealth or illegal activity. If they don’t belong to the M’s then wow, what the....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader