Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@mumu After I made the post you quoted, but before you quoted it, I readjusted my thinking (another post of mine alludes to that). I'm going to try to explain within the context of the sandbox.

BM's behavior has been a big puzzle to me (and, apparently to others here). Main concern was what would be so overriding, as to not seeming to want to find your wife. My thinking ascribed this to some "factor", the most obvious being "duh, it's because he did it". For another factor, I had chosen a different one than you mentioned. My initial thought on that was, if that factor was inhibiting him from being "publicly out there", then it had to as bad or worse than the case at hand.

So, I had been pushing the behavior thing hard, and against him. My factor cannot be discussed here - yours is interesting. After thinking hard, I realized there was a plausible explanation for the behavior. IMO, there is a factor here. Only LE likely knows what it is.

TL;DR I'm back on the fence. Grab some popcorn folks, and join me :)

If someone put a name on a quitclaim deed while they are alive they really trust that person. Moo

sorry i probably made this confusing in the case of being willed property, you dont technicaly take possession until the original owner dies, but in there will they state who they want to have their future interest in the property. and future interest is a whole other thing

Ranger deployments. I think he just meant to say 14 deployments or 400 missions.

This article identifies Ranger deployments within it.
RIP SFC Domeji

Army Ranger Dies On 14th Deployment

In good humor, what did he mean when he said they searched a 200 mile radius. Maybe this is a stereotypical case of someone who went to college on a sports scholarship, and had a lot of help with math classes. Wink.Moo

I don't know that they would have to be that familiar..........just to know that she rides a mountain bike and to wait of CR225 til she comes by. There are lots of reasons for people to be in Colorado. It's a well known tourist destination, and there are several beautiful wedding venues. Under the guise of a wedding, literally dozens of people could travel to Colorado, rent an AirBnB; and be noticed by no one. About the only way I can think of to know would be for LE to ask for security camera videos. I guess they could hand out flyers, too. IMO

BM used the word "deployments" not "tours". See the US Army Ranger website for definition:

"LIFE DEPLOYED

Day-to-day life as a deployed Soldier is faster-paced for a Ranger than that of a conventional Army unit or other special operation Soldiers. While deployments may vary, Ranger units typically undertake a higher frequency of missions. As a Special Operations unit, these missions are more sensitive and take higher priority."
Being an Army Ranger

Wow I just spent time reading your link to Being an Army Ranger. Just reading the physical fitness requirements & work outs made me exhausted. Army Rangers are very elite and they have a Ranger Creed that includes a phrase about always supporting your comrades and also a bit about keeping morally straight. As hard as it appears to be to even become an Army Ranger would one do anything to bring shame upon himself or his unit? For a friend who did something stupid? The more I think about it maybe Chris might be thinking someone else was lied to and manipulated and maybe he is urging that person to remember his code of honor and help find Suzanne even if he has to betray a friend. I hope PE does another Live soon. It sounds like Army Rangers are right up there with Navy Seals. I dated one of them once many moons ago but he didn’t turn out to have very high morals when it came to cheating on women...and he had a huge scary looking knife tattooed on his calf. :eek: As PE would say “Red Flag”! (But great abs so there’s that.)

Last edited:
I believe that pic was the LE presence for the search/dig at that job site.

The road block was happening g at the same time but was only 1-2 highway patrol officers. And I think you just correctly identified the location of that block in your previous post. :)
Thanks! Do you think they were searching a home in that area?

Wow I just spent time reading your link to Being an Army Ranger. Just reading the physical fitness requirements & work outs made me exhausted. Army Rangers are very elite and they have a Ranger Creed that includes a phrase about always supporting your comrades and also a bit about keeping morally straight. As hard as it appears to be to even become an Army Ranger would one do anything to bring shame upon himself or his unit? For a friend who did something stupid? The more I think about it maybe Chris might be thinking someone else was lied to and manipulated and maybe he is urging that person to remember his code of honor and help find Suzanne even if he has to betray a friend. I hope PE does another Live soon. It sounds like Army Rangers are right up there with Navy Seals. I dated one of them once many moons ago but he didn’t turn out to have very high morals when it came to cheating on women...and he had a huge scary looking knife tattooed on his calf. :eek: As PE would say “Red Flag”!
In general Im not really for the public call outs because its cringey and im awkward.... but you know what, if him sending out a tweet convinced the friend to share something that solves the case I think its worth it. He might feel some loyalty to barry, so maybe an outside calling him out will give him some perspective.... who knows if itll work but it cant make it worse

In good humor, what did he mean when he said they searched a 200 mile radius. Maybe this is a stereotypical case of someone who went to college on a sports scholarship, and had a lot of help with math classes. Wink.Moo

I assumed he meant a 200 square mile area. He's definitely not a wordsmith- the discussion about the army ranger probably should have been missions. This may be why he's uncomfortable talking with anyone. My training tells me he may have a learning disability such as dyslexia.

She lived adjacent to a campground and is an outdoor enthusiast. I know the typical habits of my neighbors and if she rode regularly, it's not hard to predict comings and goings and even the route taken to get to trails of choice.

It's also not hard to tell when a person that stores their company's heavy equipment at home is leaving for a job and will be gone for several hours. Things like trailers and flatbeds are pretty telling.
You make an excellent point, but you’d have to actually believe that the bike ride took place.

I don’t think it did. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member