Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was the bike ride actually confirmed by anyone or was it maybe just assume because her bike was missing i cant remember where the ride theory started
No one has ever come forward to say they saw Suzanne riding a bike on Mother’s Day. LE has never confirmed that a bike ride took place.

was the bike ride actually confirmed by anyone or was it maybe just assume because her bike was missing i cant remember where the ride theory started

The bike ride has never been confirmed by LE, no.
That story started with BM and the neighbor, and was then repeated to LE when she was reported missing.
No idea who first mentioned it but if BM is the one who staged the bike, if in fact it was staged, it's a good bet BM is the one who suggested a possible bike ride.

jmo

Barry admits waking up early and leaving Suzanne by 5:30am.

Now, where is the evidence that Suzanne ever left home? No admissions, no pings placing her elsewhere, no camera images, no sightings.

In fact, not a word from Suzanne after some time that Saturday early evening, her texts ended “out of character and abruptly” per PE. Saturday night, the night Barry was there, tucking himself in.

Not a word to her best friend she’d been texting all day.
Not a word to her girls, “goodnight sweeties.”
Not a word to her father, “Mom is in my thoughts today.”

I guess there was a bike, abandoned down the road. But no evidence that she rode it there.
I’m not sure about texting the girls good night, they were remote camping?
Wonder why that particular week?
Her father - most likely a phone call on Sunday. But I don’t think that ever happened.
I think something happened to Suzanne Saturday night.
JMO

After a wild day (sorry admins) the main things that still stick out to me are:

-5/9: SM’s best friend goes in to panic mode that evening after texting with SM the majority of the day.
-BM claims to have left 5/10 for work with SM still sleeping
-BM stands to have the biggest financial gain from SM’s death which is further endorsed by the legal actions BM has taken the past several weeks.

To me, that is kind of the core of the situation but admittedly there feel like a thousand sub plots to each of those points.

MOO, but I think we’ve seen a shift from LE in the past week with intentional leaks and certain reputable sources stirring the pot a little. I’m curious what LE’s desired effect is from this. I’d suspect it’s a way to get someone who hasn’t been talking to talk.

But the financial background, circumstances of who was/was not in town that weekend, and the bike cover up are leading me towards this being premeditated.

I’m not sure about texting the girls good night, they were remote camping?
Wonder why that particular week?
Her father - most likely a phone call on Sunday. But I don’t think that ever happened.
I think something happened to Suzanne Saturday night.
JMO
bbm
Agreed.
You're not the only one wondering.... ;)
Imo.

Magic question..no one knows the answer. . Most likely it was "Barry Speak" (by suggestion to the neighbor to see if the bike was there.) Neighbor calls police..."my friend went on a bike ride, isn't' back, we are worried" Newspapers run with that headline, look no further than the title to this thread...
Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

Last edited:
bbm
Agreed.
You're not the only one wondering.... ;)
Imo.
Is there something significant about this particular time frame?
It seemed an odd time to me.
Still early spring, not very pleasant temperature wise, for a camping trip in Idaho.
But then the self-isolating/quarantining was really high anxiety for many people so maybe they just jumped at the idea? Just guessing.

jmo

So if the petition was specific to one property and BM has done other real estate transactions I hope the Judge is aware of this because IMO that would be in violation of the guardianship
JMO
Unless it was amended since the Crimeonline report dated June 5, 2020.

I don't believe we can sleuth this more than what's been reported by MSM.

This is probably a good question for Ellen K!

I was impressed that BM who is a landscaper and lived in the area a couple years had a neighbor and/or friend who tossed in 100K towards the reward fund shortly after it was created. Has that person ever been identified?
I know who he is but told by mod to not identify but will say not as much a friend of BM as it appears

They are all really great points. The one small slip up he made which really swayed me into believing he did it was when TD asked him when was the last time he saw SM, he hesitated and did not answer.
The other point is that BM the big game hunter, was selling the theory that a mountain lion cleanly picked her up and carried her away without a trace.

since im still a newbie, what news source would you guys recommend. I want to go back and refresh my memory with some of the older articles and see if i missed anything
If you go to page one of this thread, there’s a link to the media thread. Someone guided me there and it has all the news articles on this case.

I’m still waiting for LE to say something... anything.
IMO, LE likely knows what and why. They don’t know everything, or SM would have been found. I’m guessing they are doing everything in their power to find her. I hope they do, and bring the family closure, and her justice. And, I sure don’t like the idea of the perp having a bargaining chip. All MOO.

Actually, I think linking PE host Chris McDonough twitter violates TOS as he's not MSM.

Nonetheless, I called this cryptic twitter last night! Chris is definitely and openly putting pressure on GD to also talk to Fox21's LS, while thanking him for his military service.

Nothing like a ton of bricks to get your attention!

@sillybilly

I noticed two things, though. First, the tweet didn't appear to be addressed to GD's Twitter handle, so the tweet wouldn't necessarily show up on GD's Twitter feed. Second, I'm pretty sure that -- given GD's military service* -- a Tweet from Chris McDonough isn't probably going to cause GD much consternation.

<modsnip: If it can't be discussed according to TOS, then just don't mention it.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member