Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tossing out another possible reason for moving to Colorado is to live close to family. I think Barry's nephew, Trevor Noel was already living in Evergreen with his wife and kids. Of course, Evergreen is much closer to Denver than to Salida. MOO.

Are we looking at a game of musical chairs, only with cars? A truck could remain parked in a driveway where you'd expect it to be all night. A borrowed car could be all sorts of places and be back in place by 5am.

At 5am, right on cue, a truck could drive on toward Denver, the grill almost smiling at traffic cameras along the way.

My questions:
Who did the Range Rovers belong to?
Did anyone drive them on May 9th and 10th?
Who would have reason to drive a different car than their own?

Might explain why LE asked locals to save their video from May 8-12 but not turn it over. LE didn't say anything about WHAT LE was looking for! They might be tracking the movement of a car previously unknown to us!

JMO
I think asking locals to save the video directly relates to what the CBI agents told the family. Barry's timeline/story does not match up with his vehicle data. Which might also tie back to the two vehicles in the driveway. Were those two vehicles normally in the garage? If there were signs of a cleanup in the garage and the cars were out in the driveway, that would be interesting. In all the DM photo's of the home, we've never seen vehicles in the driveway or the garage doors open.

Remember the Gannon Stauch case? We saw all kinds of photo's of the inside of the garage and investigator's inside it looking around.

A local may be KEENLY aware of traffic cameras....

The bike IMO appears to been located in a section with no cameras but flanked by them.

In another case TS rented cars to her advantage. FD (without the owner's knowledge) borrowed a truck, and also, according to LE's theory as spelled out in the AA, left his estranged wife's house, driving her vehicle, with her body in back. Tragic, deceptive. Hampering an investigation.

Perhaps we'll see something similar here.

JMO

I’m assuming at this point, LE has her phone or at least phone records.

What IF LE discovered SM’s messages to her friend had been deleted? That would be very suspicious, I think, especially if the friend told LE the content of the messages and her phone had been wiped clean.

an abductor would not delete messages or would care, so that would implicate someone close to her. Maybe that scenario got LE’s attention.

I don’t know, just thinking out loud.
That's a great thought! Doubly so if that's the "item" LE found near the highway. A phone with key messages which had been deleted.

Let's say someone private messaged Lauren Sharf on facebook and asked about the two vehicles in the driveway. Lauren messaged back and said they belonged to Suzanne. How are the vehicles parked in the driveway which belong to Suzanne relevant?

There is some missing piece of info that is not public but that the PE guys must know. Given that one of the pieces of info a family member knew was that BM’s truck gps doesn’t match his story, it makes me think that maybe gps data from one or both of the range rovers is important.

Perhaps there is gps data from a Range Rover that shows it was driven through the night that Saturday but that at 5am Sunday neither vehicle ever moved.

There is some missing piece of info that is not public but that the PE guys must know. Given that one of the pieces of info a family member knew was that BM’s truck gps doesn’t match his story, it makes me think that maybe gps data from one or both of the range rovers is important.

Perhaps there is gps data from a Range Rover that shows it was driven through the night that Saturday but that at 5am Sunday neither vehicle ever moved.
It's still not confirmed about truck and alibi not being consistent. So, until more info MOO I think there is still a stranger abduction chance.

IIRC, they moved to CO in 2018 but her cancer didn't come back until last year.
I can't recall now where but one of the MSM mentions she had just finished treatment in October 2019.
Apparently they moved due to "stressors". Whatever that means.

@Ontario Mom According to Crime Online article, SM’s cancer returned just prior to the move to Colorado.
“The Indiana-based source said that Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time.“

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

Last edited:
I wonder, how many folks have the phone number of their friend's spouse or their friend's kids?
Maybe I'm outing myself as a weirdo but I don't have the cell phone number of anyone's husband or kids.
I'm thinking the friend did not contact BM, but once she heard SM was missing, she did contact LE and that was the catalyst for the investigation to go the way it did.

IF it was BM that disappeared SM, would he feel confident enough to stage the bike & head out to "Denver", knowing SM's best friend was in "panic mode", frantically trying to reach her because the conversation ended so strangely the night before?

I don't think he would, but that's just MOO.

I do have cell phone numbers for some of my close friends' husbands, and vice versa. But only a few of them. As for children of friends, I am friends with some of them on FB and can contact them there through the messenger service (even if they don't log into FB itself that often).

Here's one scenario where BM wouldn't know the friend was in panic mode: He may have interrupted SM while she was texting... and then SM could not reply because she was in some way incapacitated. He replied for her, something generic because he didn't realize that SM and her friend had a standard and personal sign off routine (the conversation "changed"). BM then shuts down the phone or puts it away while he carries on with clean up, stages the bike scene, etc.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

There's the excuse and then there's the reason, as the expression goes.

The college excuse seems a little flimsy to me but it seems like they liked the area as a family, so maybe it was part of a larger plan. They are young to "retire" and would need some pretty serious resources in order to do so. Perhaps the sale of a business?

My opinion and my speculation only.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have cell phone numbers for some of my close friends' husbands, and vice versa. But only a few of them. As for children of friends, I am friends with some of them on FB and can contact them there through the messenger service (even if they don't log into FB itself that often).

Here's one scenario where BM wouldn't know the friend was in panic mode: He may have interrupted SM while she was texting... and then SM could not reply because she was in some way incapacitated. He replied for her, something generic because he didn't realize that SM and her friend had a standard and personal sign off routine (the conversation "changed"). BM then shuts down the phone or puts it away while he carries on with clean up, stages the bike scene, etc.

I always wonder if SM herself tried to give signal to her friend by changing the tone. Two people are going up the stairs and she texts “will come to IN with these two”, or something highly out of the vein. Then the friend would know more.

The implication is that the Rover owners (even if both in Suzanne's name) weren't likely driven by Suzanne. But may have been driven by someone intent on misleading.
JMO
Ok, I get that. But the PE guys were making a big deal about "two vehicles parked in the driveway".

So maybe I'm being too literal. I'm looking at reasons for significance i.e., they are normally parked in the garage. Or, they were parked out near that rocked area and not in front of the garage doors. Which leads me to think something was going on in the garage. Like maybe it was cleaned and hosed out with water, so the cars were outside. I wouldn't think he would be dumb enough not to put them back in before he left Sunday AM, but who knows?

Now I'm just blathering nonsense :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member