Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scratching my head here re where is all the money coming from.

Suzanne didnt work, so if US is similar to the UK, she would not be eligible for a mortgage, bank loans or can finance in her sole name.

Completely understand a vehicle can still be registered to her - thats what we do here. Mr HKP arranges finance and one car is in my name, one is in his. We both work full time jobs but would not have 50k cash to purchase two decent cars outright.

Presumably, vehicles can be offset against tax if they are technically work equipment.

But you've still got to pay for them first.

If a 2020 truck was bought after one was seized, I have to say I read that as a huge FU to LE. And a v expensive one.

JMO
So I was wondering about this too and the internet is kind of sketchy about nailing a specific title down but this article mentions digging at a lake front residential construction site. If he owns his own company residental construction can be pretty lucrative or they could have family money

Husband of Suzanne Morphew is having a 'difficult time' as diggers continue construction site search | Daily Mail Online

Maybe it was the first time he had someone to talk to and was letting it all out. I just noticed I did that with a friend after not talking to any outside friend for over a month — talked a mile a minute in a hyper tone - to just get it out. Also, I was thinking maybe he said that about the wheel of the bike because he had been told that by LE or he saw it before they moved it, and he was told not to reveal any info,
The TD video was 3 weeks after SM went missing. BM reportedly had lots of friends, army buddy and family show up in the first few days to help him search. So I don’t think it would be the first time he was able to let it all out. IMO

I don’t see why he would be tight lipped about the bike due to anything LE told or asked him to do. Not when he was freely talking about how they allegedly mishandled the scene. JMO

I'm scratching my head here re where is all the money coming from.

Suzanne didnt work, so if US is similar to the UK, she would not be eligible for a mortgage, bank loans or can finance in her sole name.

Completely understand a vehicle can still be registered to her - thats what we do here. Mr HKP arranges finance and one car is in my name, one is in his. We both work full time jobs but would not have 50k cash to purchase two decent cars outright.

Presumably, vehicles can be offset against tax if they are technically work equipment.

But you've still got to pay for them first.

If a 2020 truck was bought after one was seized, I have to say I read that as a huge FU to LE. And a v expensive one.

JMO

did we ever conclude for a fact that suzanne had an inheritance?

fyi: barry's pending guardianship is coming up on 9/1/2020. i have to wonder how he is going to explain suzanne's incapacitation, and if any family members will show up to support him. is anyone going to speak for suzanne (family or legal representation)? what type of investigation is done for this type of court case?

moo.

eta: link.
*also curious that bm doesn't like to wear a seatbelt, it seems. ;)
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

Last edited:
did we ever conclude for a fact that suzanne had an inheritance?

fyi: barry's pending guardianship is coming up on 9/1/2020. i have to wonder how he is going to explain suzanne's incapacitation, and if any family members will show up to support him. is anyone going to speak for suzanne (family or legal representation)? what type of investigation is done for this type of court case?

moo.

eta: link.
*also curious that bm doesn't like to wear a seatbelt, it seems. ;)
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
Good point about a possible inheritance being a source of cash. I dont know either way on that, but it would explain where it's coming from.

Has anyone thought about who else was dependant on her money & assets that would want her disappeared? Aren’t there land records that show her being the co-owner with some nephews of a lot of farm land and suddenly after she disappeared was transferred?
I'm sure curious where you obtained this information.
Do you have a WS approved link such as MSM, LE or a family statement somewhere?

Am I the only one who thinks the husband had nothing to do with her disappearance?

A valid opinion. Abductions happen and some luck for the perpetrator can make the crime extremely hard to solve. Still, if it's true BM gave false information about his whereabouts under these circumstances, that is why the focus is on him now.

Could it be that Barry had the old pick-up truck for odd jobs, work, messy stuff, and the new pick-up truck for client meetings, image, etc?

If Barry had two trucks, is PE literally just telling us what was there in that driveway, two vehicles, NOT Barry’s?

Ok then, where were Barry’s two trucks? One of them better have been in the garage, because Barry cannot drive two trucks by himself.

Maybe both of Barry’s trucks were missing, and a friend, employee, or another contractor pal who could be working at the “Denver” site may have driven pick-up #2. Who drove truck #2?

Why are those “two vehicles in the driveway” so important? This cannot be rocket science as PE wouldn’t expect we Sleuthers to be completely stumped by this clue. This tidbit about two cars was really supposed to tell us something!

I really like this line of thinking, well done. It might not be about the two range rovers that were in the driveway but about what car/truck was not there that almost is always parked in the driveway.

Good point about a possible inheritance being a source of cash. I dont know either way on that, but it would explain where it's coming from.
so i spent way too much time looking into Colorado guardianship law. basically what i found is that the court doesnt like to grant them unless its absolutely necessary and when they are granted they try to limit the powers as much as possible. I could not find a single case involving missing persons so i have no idea if the court would consider a missing person a incapacitated adult. They have a general list of who has priority claim to the role of guardian and spouses get greater priority then parents BUT anyone can object to the motion. The court is most concerned with what would be in the best interest of the incapacitated person, so if the parents object there's a chance they could get guardianship to them or another qualified party. (CRSA § 15-14-310. Who may be guardian--priorities--prohibition of dual roles) but there were any cases i could fine discussing this so it could go either way.

I was thinking about it and I have no proof of this but I think Suzanne must have some kind of trust fund or other asset in her name that Barry doesnt have access too and thats why hes filing. Usually guardianships are granted only when someone doesnt have the ability to care for themselves, Suzanne is missing not disabled... so the only potential benefit of this that I could think of was some trust or asset in her name or maybe life insurance? All the other powers he would get as her husband by default (medical decisions, lifestyle decisions, legal decisions) BUT unless a body shows up he'd have to wait the 7 years to have her declared legally dead before he could access her assets. Otherwise why bother filing for this power that doesn't really help anything. Again I have no proof of this, buts its the only thing I could think of that would make sense. TBH I looked through there property/asset records and it was either both of them or just Barry. So If im wrong then I have no idea what this man is doing. What do you guys think? Am I totally off base? and just for reference below is the list of powers granted to a guardian:

(1) Subject to the limitations set forth in section 15-14-316 and except as otherwise limited by the court, a guardian may:
(a) Apply for and receive money payable to the ward or the ward's guardian or custodian for the support of the ward under the terms of any statutory system of benefits or insurance or any private contract, devise, trust, conservatorship, or custodianship;
(b) If otherwise consistent with the terms of any order by a court of competent jurisdiction relating to custody of the ward, take custody of the ward and establish the ward's place of custodial dwelling, but may only establish or move the ward's place of dwelling outside this state upon express authorization of the court;
(c) If a conservator for the estate of the ward has not been appointed with existing authority, commence a proceeding, including an administrative proceeding, or take other appropriate action to compel a person to support the ward or to pay money for the benefit of the ward;
(d) Consent to medical or other care, treatment, or service for the ward; and
(e) If reasonable under all of the circumstances, delegate to the ward certain responsibilities for decisions affecting the ward's well-being.
(2) The court may specifically authorize or direct the guardian to consent to the adoption or marriage of the ward.

Last edited:
I wonder if the bff Suzanne was texting is in that church group and received that email? Or could the catalyst for the “mountain lion” email being sent so quickly have been Suzanne’s friend kept trying to reach BM and he thought it might get her off his back and shift her suspicion away from him?
Great point! So smart Lily! It could explain the why the email was sent so fast. Worry about what Suzanne told her friend, or their interrupted conversation. That makes so much sense. Also it's a plea for sympathy for poor just beside himself BM. Damage control?
Moo

Wow, really? Maybe the 2013 pickup is still in police custody?

So now I'm a little confused. Chris revealed that the two vehicles in the driveway at the home were both Range Rovers. Lauren Sharf said the vehicles in the driveway both belonged to Suzanne. If there is only one Range Rover insured, it must belong to someone else?
When did LS state the cars in the driveway belonged to SM?

Am I the only one who thinks the husband had nothing to do with her disappearance?

A valid opinion. Abductions happen and some luck for the perpetrator can make the crime extremely hard to solve. Still, if it's true BM gave false information about his whereabouts under these circumstances, that is why the focus is on him now.

No, you are NOT the only one. Many of us believe that the investigation started at the center and has been moving outward in many directions, just as Sheriff John Spezze said it would. IMO

I am still open to this, and personally welcome thoughts and ideas on it. One thing that would help, is a valid explanation of BM's behavior. Currently, I'm in the camp that he was involved. I could be swayed with some interesting ideas. Keep 'em coming :)

So the guardianship that BM got, I assumed that was only for the sale of a previously contracted home. But he also quit claim deeded property to himself that was held in both SM and his name to only his name. Did that guardianship allow him to do more than just a home sale or did it allow him to change whatever he so desired?
You are correct about the purpose of the Guardianship was to close the real estate transaction in progress. When did the quitclaim occur? I'm not familiar with this transaction and have never seen it linked here. TIA.

ETA: add link to Guardianship to allow real estate sale
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
I’m deeply curious about PE specifically naming GD in that tweet. GD came up in early articles as a “close friend”:

“DailyMail.com revealed that Barry was not allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy 'with stuff' to talk.”

Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

Lauren Scharf said in her interview with PE that the daughters called a neighbor the morning of Mother’s Day, but, at that time, they weren’t worried about SM’s safety. Lauren specified in the comments on her Facebook page that this was a different neighbor than the woman who called 911 later that day.

Speculation— I am wondering if GD is the neighbor the girls called on Mother’s Day morning. And if so, I’m very curious about the content of that phone call.

MOO

WHAT?!! Is Chris calling out GD? :eek:

I've copied the tweet below. I read this as asking GD and anyone that might have info that will help find SM to come forward. Also read the tweet as invite to come on their show or agree to an interview.

Chris McDonough@187Cjm
George Davis #SHINEBRIGHTFORSUZANNE Help find Suzanne Morphew| Profiling Evil
https://youtu.be/79e-JFcAh4
via@YouTube
On the 3 month anniversary of Suzanne going missing we would like to invite anyone that might have information that will help in finding Suzanne Morphew to come forward. Please call 719-312-7530 with any tips. bbm

3:47 PM · Aug 15, 2020

I don’t really think much about who the cars are registered to. I bought a car yesterday and it was one of those happenstance things-salesman asked for spouse’s license at the dealership. We looked at each other and said, ok you take this one. I know that might not seem responsible but it just wasn’t a big deal.

I assume that there were vehicles registered to whatever LLC BM had. I know business owners that register the swanky cars to the business, so who knows which vehicles were in whose name. I wish the PE guys would at least throw out a breadcrumb so we knew where they were headed with all the car talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader