Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah,I keep thinking about this.....glad u mentioned it. It’s pretty “in your face” on Chris’s part (and as far as I’m concerned that’s okay by me if GD is involved in Suzanne’s disappearance) but wouldn’t Chris need to receive LE auth before basically making a move like that? I’m really surprised by it! Like I said, I hope it helps!
Me too (surprised) and me too (hope it helps LE). But to be clear WE can’t sleuth him on the main thread. But hopefully Chris & Mike are.

Oh for sure! You wrote what I was trying to convey. I do not think she was in charge of her money. She was his piggy bank. Barry strikes me as a child who needs to get what he wants any way possible.
Yep, He gets what he wants but puts the cars in her name so she’s liable if something happens. :mad: Except of course his new truck. MOO
I wonder if there is anyway to see when he purchased insurance for the 2020 Ford. That may give us an idea of when it was purchased. MOO

Yeah,I keep thinking about this.....glad u mentioned it. It’s pretty “in your face” on Chris’s part (and as far as I’m concerned that’s okay by me if GD is involved in Suzanne’s disappearance) but wouldn’t Chris need to receive LE auth before basically making a move like that? I’m really surprised by it! Like I said, I hope it helps!
He's not an active duty LE Officer, why would he need permission? My first thought was maybe the CBI or FBI privately encouraged him to put that out there.

Or if I had been texting with a friend all day. The friend all of a sudden texts me ‘help’ and then I can’t get in touch with the friend or spouse, I’d be in a panic.
IMO if it was that dramatic I would expect the friend to call LE for a welfare check immediately, and we haven't heard of anything like that happening on Saturday. So I'm guessing the worrisome tone with the abrupt end to the texting session was not quite as obvious, something that didn't rise to that level of concern until the lack of contact continued into Sunday, and then hearing SM was missing.

I wonder if one of the other Range Rovers is in their daughter or Barry’s name.
IIRC there was also a family member who went on the camping trip with the girls, so it could belong to that person. Though I suspect it belongs to the older daughter. Just my hunch.

Great job!!!! ...kudos to you super sleuths. On a sad note, I don't think Flo is going to be too happy about that 2003 Honda insured by Geico..
Ha! But -- the vehicles listed on that site are not necessarily insured by Progressive -- I just looked up myself and got correct vehicle information and I don't use Progressive. The company is trying to get you to change to their service, which wouldn't make sense if they already insured those vehicles.

It's a mystery, then, why Geico shows different vehicles than Progressive. Possibly one is more up to date than another?

BBM:

Is BM's friend who knows more about this stuff than anybody named John J. Rambo, by any chance?

Because if so, I don't doubt at all that he could have covered that 200-mile radius single-handed!

I've seen all his movies.

Guy's unbelievable.

JMO.
GK, I absolutely love that when I read your posts I can tell they’re yours without looking at your SN or avatar. You’re an original!

I would have agreed until this past weekend when my BFF suddenly stopped texting AFTER I had asked a question. She didn’t respond and I started freaking out - calling everyone - thinking something was wrong.
She was fine, and we have left one another hanging at times... but I knew she was traveling so it scared me.
And ... If she had come up missing the next day ... I would have definitely known exactly what time someone got her.
I had a similar situation when a friend who recently moved out of state and her abusive husband joined her. I try to check in with her daily and go crazy if she doesn’t answer right away.
I’m sure her friend was concerned, but went into full on panic mode when she learned that Suzanne was missing. My heart breaks for her family and friends.

I think we would need either the car’s VIN or license plate number.
Can I check VIN history for free?
The National Insurance Crime Bureau provides up to five free VIN checks in a 24-hour period from the same IP address. This report will tell you the vehicle's current state of title and last title date, brand history, mileage, total loss history, and salvage history.Jan 3, 2020
NICB | National Insurance Crime Bureau

Nevermind, this is only a theft or total loss record.

Last edited:
With regards to a financial motive, there's a lack of information that causes me to go in circles. Missing for me is, the source of money in the family, and the need to know more about BM.

At a superficial go at it, it's tempting to say "he was about to lose his money tree, and wasn't going to stand for it". Certainly possible.

Thing is, we don't know the source of their money. It could be that BM was, and this is where a person would need to know more about BM. Some people just know how to make money. If they lose everything, they know how to make it again. Many here have pointed out arrogance in BM. How arrogant? If it's to the point that he's not worried about making money regardless of the current situation, financial motive becomes less. If he was about to lose half or more of what he had, that sure would be a pain, but how much of a pain? Could have been a nothing burger to him.

This leads me think that it at least possible that money was not that much of a motive. MOO.
I’m still kind of set on money. If not money, I’ll go with ego for $1000.

I need to look but there was a map indicating where the item was located. I can see it in my mind... the road where bike was found leads to highway and when you pull out - the item would have been on the right side ... passenger side of a vehicle turning left onto highway.
Now I’m questioning was that an official map? I will look for it! BRB.
Edit: I found it, posted by Daily Mail. It doesn’t actually support me point though ... ugh.
“Police have not disclosed what the item is, but say it was found near the junction of County Road 225 and Highway 50 – around 500 meters from Morphew’s home. A trail is located close by.”
Yes I’m familiar with that map. For one, media is almost always inaccurate. I think the point of where the put on that map is the closest they were allowed (or could see). They had the whole highway blocked off while they were searching. And going by that quote you provided it states near the junction and not on the actual highway. The TD interview with BM is what I’m also basing my surmising, in that he pointed or indicated it was down that dirt road. Perhaps LE told him the location, he knew the location for other reasons, he’s making an educated guess, or it’s just a random gesture. But collectively all this makes me think it wasn’t on the actual highway. I think it’s also possible the “article” could have been a sort of breadcrumb deposited but Suzanne.

I’m still kind of set on money. If not money, I’ll go with ego for $1000.
If a divorce was on the horizon and/or if SM had a life insurance policy....her being gone could be financially beneficial to BM. Idk the specifics of their financial situation, though I'd speculate the police may be interested.

Regarding the text/messenger convo...I wonder if SM said something to the effect of "BM is mad at me again." or "Barry and I just got into a huge fight."

Speculation and MOO

And we can’t forget that early the next morning Indiana church folks had already been alerted by email of Suzanne’s mysterious mountain lion disappearance.
I wonder if the bff Suzanne was texting is in that church group and received that email? Or could the catalyst for the “mountain lion” email being sent so quickly have been Suzanne’s friend kept trying to reach BM and he thought it might get her off his back and shift her suspicion away from him?

Wow, really? Maybe the 2013 pickup is still in police custody?

So now I'm a little confused. Chris revealed that the two vehicles in the driveway at the home were both Range Rovers. Lauren Sharf said the vehicles in the driveway both belonged to Suzanne. If there is only one Range Rover insured, it must belong to someone else?

*dbm. already answered

Last edited:
I think it’s more than that with the TD video. BM literally never stops talking, constantly moving arms and not just hands. With Barry, it seemed more like a distraction technique. Like, if he’s non sop talking and constantly in motion; it’s harder for TD to comprehend and consider what’s being said. It also gives TD little chance to ask questions or follow up.
Maybe it was the first time he had someone to talk to and was letting it all out. I just noticed I did that with a friend after not talking to any outside friend for over a month — talked a mile a minute in a hyper tone - to just get it out. Also, I was thinking maybe he said that about the wheel of the bike because he had been told that by LE or he saw it before they moved it, and he was told not to reveal any info,

Maybe it was the first time he had someone tote in a hyper tone - to just get it out. Also, I was thinking maybe he said that about the wheel of the bike because he had been told that by LE or he saw it before they moved it, and he was told not to reveal any info,
I agree, everyone responds differently to trauma. He could have been nervous to be on camera or even scared he wouldn't do a good enough job. This case is getting a lot of media attention and i'm sure that super intimidating. Im sure hes under a lot of pressure, and I'm sure he knows everyone considers him a suspect. I cant imagine how I would react in a situation like that.

BUT just to play devils advocate. In spy the lie (an assume read) they list one non-verbal behavior that can indicate deception is when there's a verbal non verbal disconnect. Meaning someone say no but nods their head yes or says yes well shaking there head no. Its a subconscious action and people rarely realize their even doing it. I should state just because someone does this it doesnt automatically mean their lying, it just indicate the person is trying to be deceptive about some aspect of the topic their discussing. This alone isnt enough to determine someones lying, you have to look at the totally of the circumstances and the suspects over all behavior behavior making a call. With all that being said the entire video the man is pleading for the return of his wife while shaking his head no.I could indicate he knows shes not coming back or that he just hasnt shared everything or it could be nothing All the moving around and nervous twitching could also be a sign of deception or again nothing.. I havent seen enough of him on camera to make a call. I just wanted to throw it out there as something to consider for the future. I could honestly see it going either way

I'm scratching my head here re where is all the money coming from.

Suzanne didnt work, so if US is similar to the UK, she would not be eligible for a mortgage, bank loans or can finance in her sole name.

Completely understand a vehicle can still be registered to her - thats what we do here. Mr HKP arranges finance and one car is in my name, one is in his. We both work full time jobs but would not have 50k cash to purchase two decent cars outright.

Presumably, vehicles can be offset against tax if they are technically work equipment.

But you've still got to pay for them first.

If a 2020 truck was bought after one was seized, I have to say I read that as a huge FU to LE. And a v expensive one.

JMO

I'm scratching my head here re where is all the money coming from.

Suzanne didnt work, so if US is similar to the UK, she would not be eligible for a mortgage, bank loans or can finance in her sole name.

Completely understand a vehicle can still be registered to her - thats what we do here. Mr HKP arranges finance and one car is in my name, one is in his. We both work full time jobs but would not have 50k cash to purchase two decent cars outright.

Presumably, vehicles can be offset against tax if they are technically work equipment.

But you've still got to pay for them first.

If a 2020 truck was bought after one was seized, I have to say I read that as a huge FU to LE. And a v expensive one.

JMO
This all gives me creepy deja vu to the Laci Peterson case. Scott tried to sell Laci's Land Rover very quickly. As well as their home.

I hope BM doesn't get too attached to that new truck.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member