Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew

June 5, 2020

CrimeOnline obtained documents from Hamilton Superior Court in Hamilton County, Indiana, showing that Barry Morphew filed a petition for guardianship of Suzanne Morphew on June 1.

The pending petition states that Suzanne Morphew “is deemed incapacitated under Indiana Law because she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry.”

The document also states that Barry Morphew is requesting to sell real estate in Indiana on behalf of Suzanne, who is the joint owner of a property that is currently in contract and scheduled to close on June 6.

“The need exists for the appointment of a guardian of the alleged incapacitated person in that she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry and property in Hamilton County, Indiana, needs to be sold,” the petition reads.

A member of Suzanne Morphew’s family who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Barry and Suzanne owned multiple rental properties in Indiana, and said they recalled Suzanne saying that the couple was planning on selling at least one of them. The family member said they were unaware of Barry Morphew’s petition for guardianship when CrimeOnline asked them to comment on the matter.

The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne.

CrimeOnline was unable to locate definitively established guidelines in Indiana for appointing guardianship of a missing person.
So if the petition was specific to one property and BM has done other real estate transactions I hope the Judge is aware of this because IMO that would be in violation of the guardianship
JMO

For those of you who do not believe that BM is involved in the disappearance of his wife, do you believe that his actions after the fact are in any way helping with either finding Suzanne or the person/people responsible? Or is that not his job? I think that appearances do matter, and I constantly read about reactions and how LE perceives them that point to guilt/innocence.

Unless there is a ton of stuff going on that is behind the scenes, the optics of BM are terrible.

Also a contractor working at that job site but a different trade?

JMO

ETA ( )
I imagine there was probably any number of contractors tied to that site. Considering nothing was found with the amount of LE, FBI included, and all their intelligence, I can’t understand why the site is being discussed at all. But that’s just me.

I imagine there was probably any number of contractors tied to that site. Considering nothing was found with the amount of LE, FBI included, and all their intelligence, I can’t understand why the site is being discussed at all. But that’s just me.
I viewed the site as due diligence. Haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise (at the moment).

I’m deeply curious about PE specifically naming GD in that tweet. GD came up in early articles as a “close friend”:

“DailyMail.com revealed that Barry was not allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.

Police also have his car and his cell phone – leaving the businessman and volunteer firefighter to communicate through his close friend George Davis, 33.

Davis declined to comment when approached by DailyMail.com, saying he is too busy 'with stuff' to talk.”

Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

Lauren Scharf said in her interview with PE that the daughters called a neighbor the morning of Mother’s Day, but, at that time, they weren’t worried about SM’s safety. Lauren specified in the comments on her Facebook page that this was a different neighbor than the woman who called 911 later that day.

Speculation— I am wondering if GD is the neighbor the girls called on Mother’s Day morning. And if so, I’m very curious about the content of that phone call.

MOO
Speculation Also- another neighbor happens to live 3.5 miles from Puma Path.

Interesting thing I recall from a while back. Lauren Sharf was near the Morphew home and received a tip about a State Patrol Officer who was parked at CR 240 & HWY 50. She talked to him and he said he didn't know why he was there.

I wish I knew how to use the search feature better, I'd like to find the post where I talked about that. If I can find the Facebook video where she mentioned the location of the officer, I'll verify it was CR 240, I might be wrong. But if so, very interesting location for the officer to be parked!!

Last edited:
Nice resource. It turns out that George Davis of Davis Mechanical was issued a permit to work in that project on 5/8. Isn’t that the date that BM would have laid dirt for the job? Possible as a sub for GD?
Maybe? Maybe it was George running the machinery that night? Or one of his workers? Or the mailman.

Thanks....I guess I don't understand how the twitter thing works, lol....the link takes me to a post by Chris but I don't see much "heating up" about what it says...so I assume I'm missing something lol.

I know as always, if anything important happens it will eventually show up here at WS though!

MOO

Good grief. It’s like BM is going out of his way to give himself a motive. This latest revelation of the the quitclaim is just another telling action. What on earth could be so urgent to use your guardianship over your missing wife to relinquish her rights to property you owned together so now it’s just yours??? While she’s MISSING? What’s so freaking important? This is ALL about $$$$$$$ and there is absolutely no shame. I’m disgusted.

Good grief. It’s like BM is going out of his way to give himself a motive. This latest revelation of the the quitclaim is just another telling action. What on earth could be so urgent to use your guardianship over your missing wife to relinquish her rights to property you owned together so now it’s just yours??? While she’s MISSING? What’s so freaking important? This is ALL about $$$$$$$ and there is absolutely no shame. I’m disgusted.
*cough* scott peterson *cough* chris watts *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member