Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In dwelling on it further, he's providing insight as to where he thinks his mistakes were. MOO.

"Rats!
I should have given a shout out to God, and told everyone that SM would have wanted this thing to happen if it saved one person, and doubled down on the animal attack thing, and the blaming LE thing.
What to do, what to do...I know:
I'll just hit the Reset Button thing!
(*Note to self: Don't forget to mention a mechanical thing with the bobcat.)"

tenor.gif

Nailed it!

JMO.

Last edited:
Barry’s recent interview with LS… it did leave me scratching my head. I don’t care for the general feeling of some that the husband is always guilty or the frequent comparison to Chris Watts. Screw that dude, he’s on his own island of misfit husbands.

First, the interview with SM 87 year old father. I mean all the good feels for Mr. Moorman. IMO, he was speaking as head of the family. He did very well during his interview.

Back to BM.

I’m not terribly concerned about his feelings towards LE. Families often feel like this. I have always said to a degree, I think they get a pass on this because they just want their loved one found. From their view, the investigation doesn’t move fast enough, other people get into their heads with “they should have”, phone calls don’t get returned timely or at all sometimes. Of course, you could also make statements like this when you’re deflecting.

Way back in May, I made the statement after his video plea, he comes across to me as if he’s speaking about an ex-wife. I don’t really feel any different today. There’s just a disconnect for me. He comes across as disappointed in her. That her decisions should have been better either on that fateful day or leading up to it. I personally don’t need to see a husband crying in front of the camera or organizing a candlelight vigil for feelings to ring true for me. Again, something is missing here.

I’m also ok with him not mentioning the daughters much. Many will disagree but I believe he could have done the unthinkable to their mother but protect them at all costs, love them and never ever physically hurt them. If he’s guilty – emotionally he’s destroyed them.

What I’m bothered by the most by his interview are his statements about God and I’m treading lightly here….

“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me,” Barry explained. “But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

The bolded. Huh? My takeaway – a random person killed SM but she would think it’s worth it because someone else was saved? Or – she was killed by a known person to her or random person but their girls were saved and she would think it was worth it? Or – the animal attacked her, and another biker/runner was saved so it would have been worth it to her? Such a bizarre and gross statement.

At the end, he just comes across to me right now as extremely weak. Weak in his motivation, weak as a husband, just weak in general.

I also don’t think it would be difficult to trip him up in an interview or conversation.

Is he guilty? Not sure but it's not looking great for him from my current seat.

IMO

@ProfilingEvil did FaceTime interviews with SM’s father, Mr Moorman and her older brother Andy Moorman! This is how family and loved ones react when their family member goes “missing”! Looking at you, Barry Morphew! Time for an ugly cry! Heartbreaking!
MOO. Praying for the Moormans, Suzanne and her daughters, hoping the truth is soon revealed!

Hi, I may have missed this in scanning the pages fast, but could somebody post a link to the interview or a transcript of the interview? I am surprised that BM agreed to give an interview. LS is amazing to land this. I am really trying to figure out when and where the bobcat was and more details about the search and the bike being found.
Check her media thread - I'm sure @Seattle1 or someone posted it
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

It’s really unbelievable IMO- curious how the “buddy” was right there when the bike was found ? Did someone tell him the general direction or was he step in step with LE?
JMO

Barry’s team…..My guess is this is the link to the mysterious “Range Rovers’ that were parked in the driveway when the neighbor checked the house....the ones the PE host have mentioned over and over again, the vehicles that didn't belong to the Morphews. Also would explain the reason for the tweet to George from Chris McDonough.

I posted earlier…..

I have always thought that was the case....Barry called a neighbor but also called his buddy and set a search in motion, one he directed. Who knows, that may have been the second tip to LE that day that something wasn't kosher, hence the apparent quick crackdown....the search was already underway...and (indirectly) it was Barry leading them to the planted evidence...listen to the TD video...Barry not only says "we" had our vehicles over here and makes a sweeping gesture to the opposite side of the road "but they"...the Sherriff parked here and let others" as he pointed to the side of the road he was standing on during the interview. I don’t think Barry was literally there but talking to George on the phone.

8:25...

Last edited:
A total hypothetical:

LE: Been using the cat lately?
No

LE: How come the engine is still warm?
Maybe you’re a bit psychic—you were onto the Bobcat all day! :cool:
“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

What is 'three-30 hours' of testimony? Is he saying 90 hours of LE interviews/interrogations? Difficult to imagine. imo
I was wondering the same thing!!! More exaggerations I suppose.

Heartbroken for Gene Moorman, that he would have to endure this at his age and battling cancer himself :(

Andy, Suzanne's brother speaks as if he thinks she is deceased. Though not said, it's clear he thinks BM is responsible, MOO.

Good thing the PE guys honored the Moorman family request to not interview SM dad due to health concerns

Barry’s recent interview with LS…

At the end, he just comes across to me right now as extremely weak. Weak in his motivation, weak as a husband, just weak in general.

I also don’t think it would be difficult to trip him up in an interview or conversation.

Is he guilty? Not sure but it's not looking great for him from my current seat.

IMO

I totally agree with your statement. I know there is lots of optimism out there that justice will prevail, but as of now, no arrests yet. If LE is actually holding the hammer, it’s time to lower the boom - with or without a body.

IMO

So what was the mechanical thing he was doing to the bobcat? And when was he doing it?
Catching up - you caught that too? As a Mechanical Contractor-50 yr plumb proud of working on all my own cars since day 1 1950 mercury- I would say " I had to change a plug" , I had to re -wire the battery- I had to change the oil. So hard to believe -"I forgot x becuse of a mechanical "thing" and that word is near and dear to my heart and never ever heard it used that way ever ever. "mechanical thing to my bobcat" they dont even frickin break imo---cleaning evidence off is about it .

Good thing the PE guys honored the Moorman family request to not interview SM dad due to health concerns
Sounded voluntary to me. The son was right there. The father was interjecting when he wanted to, and did most of the talking. The sadness of the interview, but, also the power, is because it was so real.
Eta
Maybe the father found out that part of the family didn't want him speaking to the press. I'm old and that right there would make me speak out. Anyway it wasn't controversial or accusatory, and affirmed that at least that part of the family strongly supports CBI/FBI.

Last edited:
Well Golly Gee, this Gomer Morph__ doesn't sound swift enough to be a businessman and actually earn money to eat. Was that his motive here?? Poor, dumb ME.
Did he give away another problem LE has with his story, about that mechanical thingy bobcat
and whatever they don't believe about his timeline and story about that mechanical thingy. And whatever, when he was doing something to it. Mean ole LE doesn't believe
ME.
Still doesn't convince me that poor, dumb BM
is mistakenly being suspected. Get that finger
pointing away from me will ya? I just wanna get on with my life like my little wifey would want.

I believe that request was made a couple months ago, and I think Mr. Moorman was ready to speak about his beloved daughter, as was Suzanne’s brother, Andy.

Any particular reason for calling out PE hosts?

Well Golly Gee, this Gomer Morph__ doesn't sound swift enough to be a businessman and actually earn money to eat. Was that his motive here?? Poor, dumb ME.
Did he give away another problem LE has with his story, about that mechanical thingy bobcat
and whatever they don't believe about his timeline and story about that mechanical thingy. And whatever, when he was doing something to it. Mean ole LE doesn't believe
ME.
Still doesn't convince me that poor, dumb BM
is mistakenly being suspected. Get that finger
pointing away from me will ya? I just wanna get on with my life like my little wifey would want.
Hehe

I totally agree with your statement. I know there is lots of optimism out there that justice will prevail, but as of now, no arrests yet. If LE is actually holding the hammer, it’s time to lower the boom - with or without a body.

IMO
Respectfully disagree. It’s only time to lower the hammer when a DA is confident LE have provided him/her with the means to secure a conviction. “One bite at the apple,” as we are often reminded of by our esteemed attorneys. Time is on their side. MOO
Ed:sp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member