Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“This is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me

I guess we see who his priority is. Would have been more gracious if he had said US, instead of ME.

“But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

So WHO, exactly , would be 'saved' from her death? I don't understand that part at all.
Nor do I, at all

In an earlier interview, Suzanne’s family told FOX21 CBI agents asked Barry to take a polygraph test on two separate occasions, and, each time, he turned them down.

“I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph,” Barry said. “There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question.”

================================================================

Who should I believe between these two camps? Suzanne's family, who have been supportive of LE and who really have no reason to lie about what LE told them?

Or BM, who claims they never asked him to take one?

UMMM< I am going to believe the family. In every case like this that I have followed, where a spouse went missing, and the remaining spouse cannot be easily ruled out, they have been asked by detectives to take a polygraph. It is very common and I have heard investigators explain the benefits of asking them to do so.

Also, if he is so innocent, but they never asked him to take one, why not offer to do so?

===========================================================
Dan Corsentino, a private investigator in Pueblo, said it is possible those agencies did not ask Barry Morphew to take a polygraph. He also said it could be reasonable for an innocent person to deny the test.

“Investigators may offer a polygraph only to have a subject or the person of interest refuse it based on legal advice, knowing the polygraph is not admissible in a courtroom. So, therefore, what is the use of taking it,” Corsentino said.

==============================================================

I disagree with the above explanation by Dan C.

While it is 'possible' they didn't ask him, it is also unlikely. They asked Frazee and Watts and Leticia and Peterson and everyone else I can think of...

They interviewed him for 30 hours, by his own admission. So they are obviously very interested in him and are wanting to know if he is credible.

I agree that it is reasonable for an innocent person to deny the test. And if he had said that tonight, I would understand his decision. But saying NO, when the family is saying the opposite, is a problem for him, in my opinion.

I disagree that investigators do not bother with the tests because they are not admissible in court. I have seen detectives discuss the benefits of the process of taking the polygraph. Number one, they like to see what the suspect's reaction is.

They can assess that reaction and use it to gain more information. It can be very revealing, even if they refuse the test.

But if they agree to take it, even if it is not admissible, they can glean a lot of info from the questions that rattle them the most. And it does matter if a suspect fails miserably aqs opposed to them passing with flying colours.

I think it’s possible that BM’s friend found Suzanne’s bike. While on the phone on his way back from Denver BM could've told his friend something similar to what he later said to TD.

Maybe she was out on a bike ride before church? Cars come down off that hill and around the corner really fast. Maybe she she wrecked and went down in the ditch? Check the ditches on either side.

Here’s what BM told TD. (6:30 minute mark)

We thought maybe she wrecked coming down this hill...a car coming around the corner fast...maybe was disoriented and got in the river.”

JMO

Last edited:

“But I have got to keep my faith and trust in God. And Suzanne trusted the Lord and if one person got saved from this, she would think it was worth it. And we are just a Godly, loving, caring, family and this thing is just a tragedy.”

So WHO, exactly , would be 'saved' from her death? I don't understand that part at all.

JMO
Its pretty obvious who he was referring to. There is only one of them left who can be saved from the situation.

I think it’s possible that BM’s friend found Suzanne’s bike. While on the phone on his way back from Denver BM could've told his friend something similar to what he later said to TD.

Maybe she was out on her bike before church? Cars come down off that hill real fast..maybe she she wrecked and went down in the ditch? Check the ditches on either side.

Here’s what BM did
tell TD. (6:30 minute mark)

We thought maybe she wrecked coming down this hill...a car coming around the corner fast...maybe was disoriented and got in the river.”

JMO

Yup. I’d like to kick that one around for a while-for threads and threads, what about the bike? Why is LE not saying anything about the bike? Well maybe because a buddy is the person who “discovered” the bike and alerted LE to the location, trying to run the show. Maybe that’s the problem that LE had from the jump.

Hi, I may have missed this in scanning the pages fast, but could somebody post a link to the interview or a transcript of the interview? I am surprised that BM agreed to give an interview. LS is amazing to land this. I am really trying to figure out when and where the bobcat was and more details about the search and the bike being found.

I think it’s very possible that BM’s friend found the bike. While on the phone BM could've told his friend something similar to what he later said to TD.

Maybe she was out on her bike before church? Maybe a car came down the hill real fast and she wrecked? Check the ditches on either side.

Here’s what BM did
tell TD.
(6:30 minute mark)

JMO
Maybe that did happen, but if it did, it would require 1) a bad guy to fish her out of the river and take her off, or 2) that she just floated off downriver and disappeared or 3) that a puma was also involved.

Also would have to involve a driver who startled her off the road, but didn't notice her or didn't care to see if she was ok.

I really doubt she would just disappear in that river, and all these months later no one found her, no one noticed a bunch of turkey vultures, etc.

So her being startled off the road by a fast moving auto is not a likely answer, imo. Does not follow Occam's Razor. Too many things had to happen.

Maybe she was out on a bike ride before church? Cars come down off that hill and around the corner really fast. Maybe she she wrecked and went down in the ditch? Check the ditches on either side.

Here’s what BM told TD. (6:30 minute mark)

JMO

Sure, Barry. Except there is a wire fence just several feet beyond where Suzanne's bike was "found" between there and the river.

Seems unlikely that someone who crashed their bike down a hill would get up, and climb over a fence for a swim.

IMO, his doing the interview now and at this time, was an attempt to establish a narrative. This seems to be his MO, and maybe this has worked well for him at the family and friend level for many years. It's certainly not scaling up to this situation though. MOO.
Exactly. I suspect BM has bullied and BSed his way through lots of social and business encounters in the past, partly through being born in a large muscular body, and he simply has developed no other way to relate to people. He does not strike me as very intelligent or self-aware; everything is about him and how he feels, and the heck with everybody else. He married a sweet, kindly, beautiful church woman to be his wife appliance, and now he's in a hole and keeps digging.
I guess it's possible he's innocent, but too many of us know this sort of man from personal experience. Our alarm bells started ringing almost from the very start of this case. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13