Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully disagree. It’s only time to lower the hammer when a DA is confident LE have provided him/her with the means to secure a conviction. “One bite at the apple,” as we are often reminded of by our esteemed attorneys. Time is on their side. MOO
Ed:sp

I respectfully disagree that time is on the government's side. Witnesses die & move away, memories dim, investigators retire, evidence gets lost. Time is on the defense's side in situations such as this because the government has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Well, I had gotten back up on the fence. That interview set it on fire. MOO.
BBM:

"Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!"

Sorry, BARRY.

Couldn't resist.

JM
24.gif

I respectfully disagree that time is on the government's side. Witnesses die & move away, memories dim, investigators retire, evidence gets lost. Time is on the defense's side in situations such as this because the government has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
I’m not talking years here. I doubt it will take that long. But “lowering the hammer” prematurely is foolishness. Whether it takes 3 months or 5 months matters not. JMHO

Has anyone still on here looked at the success rate of the local county sheriff's office and how they've successfullly solved/cleared murder cases in the past?
Do they have much experience in this type case?
Do they have sharp, well trained detectives leading this case?
Maybe BM made the statement regarding botching evidence because the county LE
is not known for having well trained investigators. Just some food for thought here.

I’m not talking years here. I doubt it will take that long. But “lowering the hammer” prematurely is foolishness. Whether it takes 3 months or 5 months matters not. JMHO

If your statement is specific to 3-5 months, then you're right. In general, though, time is on the suspect's side, due to the factors I mentioned.

If your statement is specific to 3-5 months, then you're right. In general, though, time is on the suspect's side, due to the factors I mentioned.
Well, even if it takes longer, better to wait than jump in prematurely. It took two years in the Rhoden massacre but they got what they needed to get justice for those victims and their families.

Good thing the PE guys honored the Moorman family request to not interview SM dad due to health concerns

The Moorman family deserve respect for every decision that they have made. If their initial reaction was to protect an aged, ill father, it portrays a loving, compassionate family. If the father chooses to gather his strength in order to speak for his child, the family supports his choice, they are entitled to make that choice. I feel that her father knows that there is nothing that he can do for Suzanne, except speak for her and support LE for justice. PE gave him that opportunity. It is clear to me that the family trusts PE and that they welcome the invitations to release their statements.
Moo

I am now concerned that BM is throwing his "good buddy" under the bus. If GD was my son I would encourage him to beat a path asap to LE and give them every little tidbit of information he knows about this whole tragedy. I fear the puppeteer is using GD, and GD is going to get burnt. GD is too close to the fire and needs to hire a lawyer to keep himself safe from victimization.
MOO

The Moorman family deserve respect for every decision that they have made. If their initial reaction was to protect an aged, ill father, it portrays a loving, compassionate family. If the father chooses to gather his strength in order to speak for his child, the family supports his choice, they are entitled to make that choice. I feel that her father knows that there is nothing that he can do for Suzanne, except speak for her and support LE for justice. PE gave him that opportunity. It is clear to me that the family trusts PE and that they welcome the invitations to release their statements.
Moo
Well said! Thank you.

“The Sheriff’s Department screwed this whole thing up from the beginning and now they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me,” he said.

For me, the quote above is the most revealing statement BM made during his latest “interview”. Confirms he has not been cleared by LE and that he is still a suspect.

“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
Oh yes! And the next is the Bobcat mechanical “thing” he did, and so graciously revealed to all the world. :)

Has anyone still on here looked at the success rate of the local county sheriff's office and how they've successfullly solved/cleared murder cases in the past?
is not known for having well trained investigators. Just some food for thought here.
I believe the three agencies will put together an air tight case much like Frazee and Gannon's killer. I'm not worried at all
JMO

The sheriff was a homicide detective in Denver before he retired. He knows plenty. He knew immediately to call for the feds and the CO state cops so he could get their help with labs, DNA, etc. So the case is in good hands. MOO.

Well, in Barry's words, he has not been cleared, and he might just be an unnamed POI.

"The Sheriff’s Department screwed this whole thing up from the beginning and now they are trying to cover it up and blame it on me,” he said

I guess the not-messed-up evidence will tell.
So on top of his wife disappearing...we now have an entire police force, CBI and FBI working in collusion to frame BM for murder... yeah that's believable.

Moo
ITA. Sadly, Suzanne needed a voice and her father did it well. If anyone is to blame for that, its her husband who was too busy taking control of her assets to be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mctigue30