Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to use it on a post yesterday and ended up deleting my post because I couldn't find it. We need to record these news clips! ;)

We can't see what we can't see. My gut feeling says whatever it is isn't something one talks about with others. Especially if you're worried about image. It's something one stews over. moo
BBM

Try using the "Media, Maps and Timeline" Thread. Every new w/s thread starts with the link to the case's historical timeline and links to it's MSM articles on page one.

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

It is a great resource, and many thanks to the members that keep this current.:)

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
@OldCop
I hope you don't mind I want to bring back one of your posts!

It's excellent!

"I think a lot of folks here on WS have been speculating as to why LE seemed to narrow their focus very early on in this case.

First, to clarify a couple of things:
LE has never admitted that they found SM’s bike on the night she was reported missing. That information came from BM’s nephew, TN.

I believe the personal item you are referring to was actually found on the following Thursday, 10/15. That find, which LE did admit to, was discovered up near the intersection of Hwy 50 and Rte 225 and caused a large search to be initiated on the following day, Friday.
That search resulted in Hwy 50 west towards Monarch Pass being closed off for a greater part of the day on Friday. To our knowledge no additional evidence was found during that search.

Going back to your original question, no one but LE knows at this point what compelled them to narrow the focus of their search so early.

They were very quick to rule out accident and mountain lion attack. It seems they have also found no evidence of an abduction.

The most common theories that we have come up with is that something about the bike itself was off early on. Perhaps it was un-rideable, perhaps it was staged at its location. Perhaps a neighbor reported something, a neighborhood video caught something on camera, or there was something very incriminating at the scene.

You are correct when you say you might expect LE to be reassuring and comforting to the family of a missing person and that they would stand with them to get find out what had happened to their loved one.
BM has been vocal, (on the TD video), about his criticism on how LE handled this case from the beginning, but that may be a boisterous bluff.

*We *don’t *know *what *LE *found *out *very *quickly *but *it *appears *to *have *been *quite *incriminating.*"

And now we know LE was demanding answers from BM as soon as he "found out about his missing wife"...

This is an excellent post. Thank you for bringing it forward.

Questions (I need help jolting my memory): Did they close off the highway for hours the night the bike was allegedly found? Or only after the "item" was found? Also, was the item found during an organized search of the area? What prompted said search?

Edited to complete a sentence.

Thank you LS for landing this interview. It is a known fact that people subconsciously talk about what is on their mind.
Let’s see there were two badly behaved cats. There was the big cat who cleanly picked her up carried her away without a trace, no dragging her, just put her in his mouth and carried her over 200 miles away! Then there was the bobcat which was on when it was supposed to be off.
Of course Suzanne could have been killed by some one who knows her well. Hmm... I have my suspicions about this,

“And if one person got saved from this she would think this was worth it”. I have no clue what this means. How does he know? Did they have a conversation about this? Hi honey, if I can ever save a person it is totally fine to murder me, in fact it would be worth it. Thanks honey, you are the best. IMO!

I definitely understand what you’re saying. To me that bizarre BM quote about SM saving someone could be:

BM had gotten himself into a financial hardship with someone whose only recourse was harm against BM. Therefor BM is justifying what he did to SM by saying that her death and transfer of assets to BM was worth it to her because it saved BM from the situation he got himself into.

BM's interview was nothing more than a repeat of excuses, blame, averting, deflecting, attacking, projecting, scapegoating, lack of regret, and lack of empathy.

"People don't know the truth, " affirms he knows the truth.

2 things: LE will get to get to the truth & BM isnt going to take responsibility.

BM is so full of gaslighting....

Innocent or guilty, BM is out of his league with his current behavior. Myself, I operate in a very narrow field as a career. IMO, it's foolhardy to underestimate people that know what they are doing in their field. In my observations, casual attempts generally show that you "don't know what you don't know". I would not be so arrogant as to play this game with someone that is experienced in their field (in this case LE). Beyond my little view of the world, if he's innocent he should knock off the baloney and try to help LE. If he's guilty, he's going to get smoked. MOO.

BM's interview was nothing more than a repeat of excuses, blame, averting, deflecting, attacking, projecting, scapegoating, lack of regret, and lack of empathy.

"People don't know the truth, " affirms he knows the truth.

2 things: LE will get to get to the truth & BM isnt going to take responsibility.

BM is so full of gaslighting....
The truth is out there... :)

Innocent or guilty, BM is out of his league with his current behavior. Myself, I operate in a very narrow field as a career. IMO, it's foolhardy to underestimate people that know what they are doing in their field. In my observations, casual attempts generally show that you "don't know what you don't know". I would not be so arrogant as to play this game with someone that is experienced in their field (in this case LE). Beyond my little view of the world, if he's innocent he should knock off the baloney and try to help LE. If he's guilty, he's going to get smoked. MOO.
Bam!!

Schools in Colorado shut down in mid March

I thought they shut down in person/physical presence at schools - but switched to online platform like other school systems? Or did they just shut down completely?

My nieces/nephews attending various colleges went online and kept the schedule for exams/end of year tests, etc.
I remember exams were always in May around MD.
JMO

I’m wondering, in the past before Suzanne’s disappearance, if the police were ever involved with a call related to Barry. Is it possible there had been negative interactions between Barry and the Sheriff?
I don't know about involvement in Colorado but looking into his records from Indiana he was in the court room many times for a lot of different things that I don't quite understand and a few traffic tickets. Nothing that jumps out at me as being major police interactions though.

Jonbenet, Chris watts, patrick frazee, suzanne morphew. Colorado has by far the greatest number of horrific crimes against women and children in the country. Why?
A valid observation and point to be sure. A key point, is that this these incidents come (relatively speaking), in a small window of time. With that, say there's is a correlation - it doesn't imply causation. MOO. :)

Very interesting angle.
Along similar lines, I've wondered if BM might have been in a "Fatal Attraction" situation?

JMO, MOO
I seriously doubt this. Why would he not then expose that person? His wife is surely dead, there’s a “nut case” on the loose and he could be next. I just don’t see him staying silent in that type of situation. JMHO

I wanted to use it on a post yesterday and ended up deleting my post because I couldn't find it. We need to record these news clips! ;)
@Seattle1 and Paula if you look at Fox31 KDVR.com Facebook page under their “Live” section, there is still a 2+ hour video. You have to scroll way way back to May 22 and it’s called Search underway for SM in Salida.
I don’t know if the son is on there speaking , but there’s quite a lot of open mic.

RE: The Poncha Market Episode

Any reason to have taken the initiative to jot down the somewhat vague description of the helmet and biking clothes specifically there? Or maybe other businesses stayed quiet.

It was soon after, on the 12th at approx. 8PM. Could have been in town picking up more search supplies and doing what he could while on the trip? She said he knocked on the window. I’d like to know if anything prompted this, was he there initially and recognized? Or maybe going door to door as part of his search? On the back of a receipt no less (his?). I guess he may have asked for paper & pen if he had run out, if this was part of a planned canvassing...IMO.
Part of a planned canvassing with no missing persons flyers to hand out, just the back of a receipt.

@OldCop
I hope you don't mind I want to bring back one of your posts!

It's excellent!

"I think a lot of folks here on WS have been speculating as to why LE seemed to narrow their focus very early on in this case.

First, to clarify a couple of things:
LE has never admitted that they found SM’s bike on the night she was reported missing. That information came from BM’s nephew, TN.

I believe the personal item you are referring to was actually found on the following Thursday, 10/15. That find, which LE did admit to, was discovered up near the intersection of Hwy 50 and Rte 225 and caused a large search to be initiated on the following day, Friday.
That search resulted in Hwy 50 west towards Monarch Pass being closed off for a greater part of the day on Friday. To our knowledge no additional evidence was found during that search.

Going back to your original question, no one but LE knows at this point what compelled them to narrow the focus of their search so early.

They were very quick to rule out accident and mountain lion attack. It seems they have also found no evidence of an abduction.

The most common theories that we have come up with is that something about the bike itself was off early on. Perhaps it was un-rideable, perhaps it was staged at its location. Perhaps a neighbor reported something, a neighborhood video caught something on camera, or there was something very incriminating at the scene.

You are correct when you say you might expect LE to be reassuring and comforting to the family of a missing person and that they would stand with them to get find out what had happened to their loved one.
BM has been vocal, (on the TD video), about his criticism on how LE handled this case from the beginning, but that may be a boisterous bluff.

*We *don’t *know *what *LE *found *out *very *quickly *but *it *appears *to *have *been *quite *incriminating.*"

And now we know LE was demanding answers from BM as soon as he "found out about his missing wife"...
BBM
BAM!!! BAM!!!
One for @OldCop and one for you @Warwick7 for reposting that post. Don’t you just love when things come together? :)

Jonbenet, Chris watts, patrick frazee, suzanne morphew. Colorado has by far the greatest number of horrific crimes against women and children in the country. Why?
I live in a Denver suburb and I just don’t understand it. I believe Colorado has a fairly low crime rate vs many other states. It’s my hunch that there are heinous murders and abuses happening all over, but for whatever reason Colorado murders get a lot of attention. The demographics of the well known cases in Colorado seem to be similar in that they are all Caucasian, middle to upper middle class, and almost always with women/children victims.

In the suburb where I live, violent crimes are 77% lower than the national average.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members