Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Implication is Suzanne previous inheritance but we don't know really
I saw her family had a restaurant. Thanks. He’s a real piece of work this BM. I hope he’s closed in on sooner than later. I mean the minute he way he described the potential animal attack-I was done. I don’t discount that possibility but like others have mentioned. There would be evidence of her being drug etc. Hes a narcissist in the true sense of the word. I feel for her family and children.

"This THING is just a tragedy"? <modsnip>
I haven't had a chance to read all of the comments so if this has been said dozens of times, my apologies.
Thank you to those who posted the videos (only partially through PE's interview w/ Suzanne's father) but much more to say later. Very busy Friday. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:
If I own $3,000,000.00 or ( pick any amount) worth of property, but have very minimal cash on hand, could I request a public defender when I am arrested and charged with a serious crime? Would they turn me down and say, "Sell your properties."

Would BM be able to put everything in his first born daughter's name, and claim he is penniless?

Just wondering....
TY
I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure it’s based on assets and income. I would think there would be limitations on asset transfers. Also depends on if it’s State vs. Federal charges.
$3,000,000 would come in handy for a bond- usually you have to pay 10% of the bond and have “sufficient assets” to get out on bail. So it might be to his advantage to claim the assets and not transfer. Speculation only

I thought the same - I imagine he meant 3 interviews totaling 30 hours. No way LEO had him for 30 hour interviews 3 different times.

But also, him admitting he's been interviewed for 30 hours already is pretty telling about where LEO investigation is centering around.

I mean, he then goes on to say LEO is blaming him because they dropped the ball. But didn't he tell the Tyson guy he's been cleared as a suspect? So which is it Barry?

GoJacks,

Well GoJacks, we will soon learn when there is an arrest.
Will it be BM?

Well, we'll all know soon.
MOO.

So tell me, all of you insulting PE and stanning* Barry Morphew: why do you believe he is innocent? I genuinely would love to know your viewpoint, as opposed to just coming here to throw shade at the guys (and gal) trying to help find Suzanne. Let us hear your thoughts so we can understand.

*slang for the art of being slightly “obsessed” with an artist/person/character. “I stan Frank Ocean.”

I don't "throw shade" at the Profiling Evil hosts, who I respect for having a business plan and getting people to pay them money for their work. I don't "throw shade" at Lauren, who I admire for her willingness to treat podcasters and YouTubers (aka new media) as colleagues. I have no problem with either the Profiling Evil hosts or Lauren getting paid for what they are doing; they are putting their skills and experience to a positive use and should be encouraged to keep doing so.

That being said, I don't know that Barry Morphew is innocent. I also don't know that Barry Morphew is guilty. However, I doubt -- whether he's guilty or innocent -- that the government can secure a conviction at this time. I'll tell you why I've arrived at that viewpoint, though:

1. After multiple searches of the Morphew home and a number of interviews with witnesses, Barry has not been arrested or charged. This tells me that investigators do not have enough evidence to tie Barry to a crime, if indeed a crime has occurred.

2. Months after the searches that were conducted, the warrant probable cause affidavits (PCAs), warrants, and warrant returns remain sealed.* This tells me very little in and of itself, but if the searches had produced strong evidence against Barry, then (a) he would've been charged and, thereafter, (b) the PCAs, warrants, and returns would be unsealed.

3. The Moorman family -- so far -- has not sought to take part in the guardianship proceeding in Hamilton County. This tells me more than one thing, but here are the two that I think are most relevant:

(a) The Moorman family doesn't have any independent evidence that Barry caused harm to Suzanne; if it did, it could intervene and show that Barry was not an appropriate guardian for Suzanne's property.

(b) The Moorman family believes that challenging Barry's appointment as guardian will undermine their relationship with the Morphew daughters and -- as a result -- will take no action even if it has evidence of wrongdoing by Barry.

* I realize that sealing search warrant PCAs, warrants, and returns is customary in Colorado, even if there's no evidence of possible flight or destruction of evidence. Again, I view such a practice as inimical to the idea public confidence in the judiciary. At the end of the day, the only reason people obey the rule of law is because of confidence in the judiciary. Why do anything -- again, barring possible flight or evidentiary destruction -- to harm that confidence?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... As I've said before, if I had been Barry's attorney, I would've strenuously advised against the interview. If he wanted to give an interview come hell or high water, then what he did kept damage to a minimum. His interview wasn't aired, so it can't be used against him in court. Colorado has a robust media shield law, so it's unlikely that Lauren will testify as to what Barry told her.

In sum, this isn't a jump-off-the-bridge type moment for Barry's attorney, but Barry is creating more work for his lawyer by making such a decision. I hope the attorney -- if he has one -- is being paid on a per-hour basis as opposed to a flat-fee agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the bobcat might be another oversplain. And not altogether true.

MY takeaway: he was working on or with a piece of construction equipment at a time associated with Suzanne's disappearance which COULD be a bobcat or just as likely not a bobcat and that, in his confusion, he misremembered which equipment he used, what he was doing with it, and when he'd done it. But hey, who HASN'T sometimes mixed up daytime and nighttime? Of course, we DON'T know WHICH times he mixed up but it does make you wonder...

He brought it up. LE didn't.

We might read all about it one day.

JMO

When we read (I hope) the arrest warrant, BM's misremembering may appear several times, hammering the nails further into his coffin.
MOO.

I don't "throw shade" at the Profiling Evil hosts, who I respect for having a business plan and getting people to pay them money for their work. I don't "throw shade" at Lauren, who I admire for her willingness to treat podcasters and YouTubers (aka new media) as colleagues. I have no problem with either the Profiling Evil hosts or Lauren getting paid for what they are doing; they are putting their skills and experience to a positive use and should be encouraged to keep doing so.

That being said, I don't know that Barry Morphew is innocent. I also don't know that Barry Morphew is guilty. However, I doubt -- whether he's guilty or innocent -- that the government can secure a conviction at this time. I'll tell you why I've arrived at that viewpoint, though:

1. After multiple searches of the Morphew home and a number of interviews with witnesses, Barry has not been arrested or charged. This tells me that investigators do not have enough evidence to tie Barry to a crime, if indeed a crime has occurred.

2. Months after the searches that were conducted, the warrant probable cause affidavits (PCAs), warrants, and warrant returns remain sealed.* This tells me very little in and of itself, but if the searches had produced strong evidence against Barry, then (a) he would've been charged and, thereafter, (b) the PCAs, warrants, and returns would be unsealed.

3. The Moorman family -- so far -- has not sought to take part in the guardianship proceeding in Hamilton County. This tells me more than one thing, but here are the two that I think are most relevant:

(a) The Moorman family doesn't have any independent evidence that Barry caused harm to Suzanne; if it did, it could intervene and show that Barry was not an appropriate guardian for Suzanne's property.

(b) The Moorman family believes that challenging Barry's appointment as guardian will undermine their relationship with the Morphew daughters and -- as a result -- will take no action even if it has evidence of wrongdoing by Barry.

* I realize that sealing search warrant PCAs, warrants, and returns is customary in Colorado, even if there's no evidence of possible flight or destruction of evidence. Again, I view such a practice as inimical to the idea public confidence in the judiciary. At the end of the day, the only reason people obey the rule of law is because of confidence in the judiciary. Why do anything -- again, barring possible flight or evidentiary destruction -- to harm that confidence?
Curious, do you think if it ever does go to trial, does he take the stand?

thank you, @lamlawindy very much for responding. you make some really good points, and i appreciate your valuable insight as a defense attorney.

also: i respect the hell out of your snark. touche. ;)

Well, that non-interview with Lauren was certainly something. It did nothing to advance BM's cause. He sounds defensive, dismissive of LE's effort and the stuff about the Bobcat just makes for more suspicion for me. And apparently, if Suzanne is dead, as long as one person found salvation from it (how does that happen??), he's a-okay with it. Sickening.

I have no clue what that three 30 interview things meant. And I wonder if BM saying he hadn't been asked to take a polygraph is BM twisting words, as in his attorney was approached about it, but BM wasn't asked directly. Or he's just flat out lying. It's clear to me he is not cooperating or cleared.

And again, LE declined comment. Just letting BM get more of his statements out in the open, letting him spin his own story. Or stories, as the case may be. People don't know the whole story, Barry, and you obviously aren't going to tell anyone, no matter what you claimed.

What a load of crap, everything he said. If BM does have an attorney, I bet he or she is having kittens over that.

Suzanne's father and brother's interviews were heartbreaking. It seems to me that they know she isn't coming back, even if they hold onto a tiny glimmer of hope. And it's very telling, that her father made mention that they weren't in as much contact after the move to CO. I have a feeling that was all Barry's decision, not Suzanne's. And he was head of the family and she went along to get along as her duty as a good wife.

All of the above is MOO.

MrsWatson,

Yes, MrsWatson.
It is sickening that perhaps one person found salvation. (BBM)
Reminds me of the Watts case.:(
Justifying the situation.
MOO.

Respectfully, I disagree. As I've said before, if I had been Barry's attorney, I would've strenuously advised against the interview. If he wanted to give an interview come hell or high water, then what he did kept damage to a minimum. His interview wasn't aired, so it can't be used against him in court. Colorado has a robust media shield law, so it's unlikely that Lauren will testify as to what Barry told her.

In sum, this isn't a jump-off-the-bridge type moment for Barry's attorney, but Barry is creating more work for his lawyer by making such a decision. I hope the attorney -- if he has one -- is being paid on a per-hour basis as opposed to a flat-fee agreement.

I was expecting you to go glass half-full on this one. I know that you had said earlier in the thread that there were some aspects of Barry’s “interview” that a defense attorney might be able to work with. I appreciate hearing both sides, regardless of my opinion of guilt or innocence. Everybody has to be careful in how a case moves forward, or a killer can go free.

No problem, EVERYONE is aghast at that whole interview. I'm sure it eviscerated SM's family and made LE's eyes pop right out of their heads. And if BM has a lawyer, he/she just jumped off a bridge in total despair.

:D:D:D:D
Poor Lawyer!!!

If I were that lawyer, I would force him to read the last 200 or so posts. Maybe that would get his attention. MOO.

well, surely sheriff spezze can clear this up for us. i'm really hoping a press conference is on the horizon. it's time.

moo.

swedehear

Most of you guys, are lucky, as awake during Breaking News.:):)
When I wake up, I find pages +++, and wonder why.
I am also waiting for this press conference, as it probably will appear near the rainbow here.
MOO.

I’m hoping Lauren has more. Does anyone type stuff here and then delete it because we don’t want BM and his buddies reading it and getting smarter? I want BM to stay stupid enough to give LE what they need.

DizzyB,

Don't worry Dizzy.
BM wouldn't understand the words in the 'Book of Wisdom'.
Hope we hear, more statements from BM.
MOO.

Yes. Sending hugs. My husband grew up in a home like that and he almost lost his faith and spirituality afterwards, trying to find a faith that wasn't a "bastardization". I got the sense that Suzanne was very invested in her faith (which may also be related to surviving cancer) and I got the sense that BM used this 'faith' as a way to control her or keep her in her place following him. For example, he is the "leader" of the household and so his choice to go to Colorado is "god's will"--and then Suzanne would feel that pressure to leave her family and be a good wife? I'm thinking aloud and maybe all of this is too personal for me to think about it rationally. I admit that. Faith can be such a blessing and a gift but, in the wrong hands, it is an instrument of torture and abuse.

It's interesting because IMO you can sense the authenticity of SMs family when they talk about faith, and then when you read Barry's comments they ring so hollow with me - like he's pulling out snippets from the "little book of empty "Christian" platitudes". I do think you make a good point about the "leader of the household" as a means for control - in very conservative Christian circles that is something you see preached and practiced (wife submitting to the husband) and very well could have been in play within their relationship. It's certainly speculation, but based on the language BM used I think it's a fair question to raise. JMO.

Suzanne's brother Andy, beginning at 7:09

- I believe in the CBI, I believe in the FBI and I believe in Salida's police department. They are good people, not perfect but none of us are.
- I tell you what, we are not going to quit looking until we find my little sister. If I have to put on the largest manhunt known to man, I'll do it, under the authorities.
- Organized and well, it may come to that soon, I don't know. I so appreciate you guys (PE) looking into this.
- I want the public to know my Dad's 87, he fragile. I've had to tell him things I've never wanted to tell my Father. This has been a rough damn time.
- Yes, we've been quiet. We did not want to fudge up the investigation. But now, we won't stop at nothing to find my little sister, ever.
- This family is a good family, we're solid, there's nothing goofy about us, we're transparent and happy to be so and I can assure you we will not quit until Suzanne is found.
- I want that done before my Father leaves this earth. I want him to have answers, I want her to have a proper burial or a homecoming whichever it will be.
- I mean that from my heart. I want the answers, I may not want to hear them when I find out, but I want the answers regardless.
- I need to bring Suzanne home, I need to properly bury her, where she is properly buried next to my Mother in the Alexandria cemetery, in the place she grew up.
- If that's what has to happen. I'm going to stop at nothing to get it done, nothing. I mean that from my heart.
- You guys are so instrumental in what's going on, please keep this alive. Please ask people to call the FBI, the CBI with any tidbit, I don't care what it is.
- Any tidbit is better than none, pieces will come together, we'll figure it out. They are already starting too and this helps.
This ^^^^ is how an innocent victim goes public to get the word out on his missing loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member