Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“People don’t know the truth”: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado
Just read the interview he did and I come away from it with even more questions than before. Like why does he keep going back to the bike being found and how is he so sure that LE missed evidence there? Also he says that LE never asked him to take a polygraph or any other test yet we have the family saying they did. Who is right there and who is wrong? Then we get to this bobcat situation is that the loud equipment that the neighbor heard in the early morning hours before Suzanne went missing? If so don't you think all that noise would have woke Suzanne up yet Barry says she was still asleep when he left. I'm trying real hard to keep an open mind but something just doesn't add up about all of his statements and his behaviors.
The loud noise heard was by a neighbor of a job site that BM had allegedly worked at.Not a neighbor of their home. The job site was approximately 12 miles away from the Morphew home. The one that investigators spent 3 days tearing up concrete and sifting.

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1264238376145817601?s=21

When you put it that way, it sounds like he's implying an affair partner.
Every guilty partner in a domestic violence situation that I've encountered in true crime cases seems to say something to the effect of "You [the public] don't know the full story, or "Just wait until the full story comes out," and they always mention the fact that they can't talk about it "quite yet" since it's an open investigation. It's laughable how clueless these "smart" people are when it comes to pulling the wool over LE or the public's eyes. Even those of us with no LE training but with an interest in true crime can see right through everything they're doing. If the perpetrator has never been interested in true crime and has no law enforcement experience, they are so far out of their depth when it comes to staging a successful and believable crime.

Right, if there is a lawyer representing the spouse of the missing person, they are only going to make serious money if their client is charged. I do not see an arrest of the spouse of the missing person in the near future....IMO

BBM.

Ah, @Cassady, I see this as a slow and methodical takedown of BM. This is a criminal investigation, with all arrows pointing at B, his house, his cars, his phone, his worksite, his timeline, his alibi.

And darn it if he didn’t point the arrow at himself by admitting that the Sheriff thinks he did it?

Keep talking B. Loose lips sink ships.

imo

Every guilty partner in a domestic violence situation that I've encountered in true crime cases seems to say something to the effect of "You [the public] don't know the full story, or "Just wait until the full story comes out," and they always mention the fact that they can't talk about it "quite yet" since it's an open investigation. It's laughable how clueless these "smart" people are when it comes to pulling the wool over LE or the public's eyes. Even those of us with no LE training but with an interest in true crime can see right through everything they're doing. If the perpetrator has never been interested in true crime and has no law enforcement experience, they are so far out of their depth when it comes to staging a successful and believable crime.
Which is why they get caught. In the heat of the moment, it all makes sense in their head. But there's always something they didn't think about or catch. It all unravels from there. Which is exactly what's happening to BM right now.

As Suzanne's brother said yesterday, the pieces are coming together ...

I think that Suzanne had a very classy family. They are upstanding individuals, probably very modest when it came to their successes, and the last thing that they would ever want to do would be to air their family issues in public or to accuse anyone of a crime. They remind me of my relatives in Iowa and Minnesota.

However, once families like this start to go public, they do so in a big way because they gain strength from their love, their goodness, and their sense of justice. I could tell by her brother's reaction in his interview that he is not only extremely sad about the circumstances but enraged--as he should be--about what he suspects has happened to his sister. He could barely contain himself when he spoke about doing whatever it took and never stopping to get to the bottom of this tragedy. I know that PE will help the family get the word out in a smart and effective way.

Let's not underestimate how unnerving this must be for BM who probably thought they didn't have it in them.

Oh I agree. And how in the world would you explain the need to disconnect a GPS on your Bobcat. Maybe, well I was tighten this here bolt that was loose and the wrench slipped and I knocked that there gadget completely off that there Bobcat. Moo
Exactly! I’ve had the same thought. I also wonder how tiny a GPS device is and if it needed to be sifted out of dirt beneath poured concrete. IMO

Who thinks BM has the intestinal fortitude to see this investigation through without a complete meltdown? He knows he’s the focus (prime suspect) of LE’s investigation, he said so in the LS interview last night. LE will get their man (IMO). There’s other recent cases in Colorado prosecuted without a body. But LE is missing the key piece required to make an arrest.

MOO LE is missing enough evidence to:
1) prove SM is no longer alive definitively
OR
2) tie BM “exclusively” to her murder.
I feel certain LE does not feel she is still alive. The home is the crime scene, 1st search 11 days in length, 2 sealed search warrants. LE didn’t find enough blood evidence to determine she could not have survived whatever crime took place. Heck, if he drowned her in the bathtub, there wouldn’t be much evidence if he disposed of her body right away.

I have a fear of BM taking the “coward’s way out“ (self harm) if he thinks LE is close to an arrest. IF THAT HAPPENS, I have no hope of SM ever being recovered and zero answers for her family forever. My own opinion. BM’s a gaslighter, a BS’er, and his slick talk and alpha male phony persona has carried him through his life. The man has no self awareness and has never taken a true, serious look at himself, as most people have at some point in their life. I’m angry with him!
Moo. Rant Over. Thankful to have all of you and this forum for serious discussion!
It wouldn’t be the first time - that murderer Fotis Dulos took his own life rather than go on trial for the murder of his wife Jennifer (my avatar)
JMO

The loud noise heard was by a neighbor of a job site that BM had allegedly worked at.Not a neighbor of their home. The job site was approximately 12 miles away from the Morphew home. The one that investigators spent 3 days tearing up concrete and sifting.

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1264238376145817601?s=21

Yes, but he has the trailer and there is no reason he couldn't have had the bobcat out on that Salida jobsite and then brought it home afterward and unloaded it and unhooked the trailer.

Exactly! I’ve had the same thought. I also wonder how tiny a GPS device is and if it needed to be sifted out of dirt beneath poured concrete. IMO
Bobcat Company - Research Article Details
interesting - apparently you can check where your bobcat is
- my first search was all about mammals - bobcats - which made me think of the mountain lion - wonder if he googled that ?
JMO

One of the things he mentioned that does not make sense is he told Lauren that the reason he has stayed quiet is because of finger pointing.

That does not hold water because on Day 1 nobody even knew about this case until we started to learn about Suzanne being missing.
And BM was silent from Day 1.

There was no finger pointing on Day1 because nobody even knew about the case hardly. So that excuse does not fly with me.

From that very first day he was silent and put out a reward by having someone else communicate to a news site about it. He did not even want to talk to media to communicate the reward.

Then he started to recruit others to coordinate a Giveme fund and so he was silent there too.

And when pressed for a statement , all we got is "its too soon".

Then he finally puts out a one-way video statement and that has been it for the most part.

And more recruiting of others later for other media statements.

So I dont buy the excuse about being silent because he has been silent from Day 1 when there was nobody that hardly knew about the case to be able to blame anyone.

His excuse only makes sense now because of his suspicious non-appearance, and other things but it surely is not a valid excuse in those early days of him being silent when nobody hardly knew of the case and we just started to learn about SM being missing.
All JMO
THIS was what I was about to say!

Now add: "I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.'

He's been silent, "hidden" and just about nameless since day 1.

Then just as soon he finds out his wife is missing LE is demanding answers.

Answers he couldn't find cause he "was a little bit not in my right mind."

*cough cough* um ok........

When you put it that way, it sounds like he's implying an affair partner.
IMO, it doesn’t even have to be “an affair”. It could just be an innocent relationship that makes BM jealous.

From what little we know about SM as a person, I simply can’t imagine her cheating. But it makes no sense to presume a saintliness about her either, IMO. She’s human, she’s a cancer survivor, and her outlook on life has surely changed in the past few years. She might be guilty of nothing more than some passing comments about “the nice guy at church that would always bring her coffee” or the “nice guy who works on her bike”, or whatever. That’s enough to spark a jealous rage in some people I’ve known.

I’ll confess, I scoured the PE transcript about the interrupted text conversation to find the pronoun Chris used to describe the BFF. (He used “her” several times.) I really thought it could explain so much if the “close friend” was actually a guy from IN whose kid was getting married. And the close relationship was a sore point for BM. Something like that could even in part help explain moving to another state — a physical control tactic to prevent free association. Seems that’s not it, but I wonder if the trigger event might not be something similar...

Hmmm. If a criminal defense lawyer had someone like BM as a client, and said client was determined to do some kind of "media thing," I'm curious what the defense attorney would then be thinking.

Would a typical defense attorney know enough about a client that they'd know it was a desperate message to someone? Or would they just think their client had almost no reason (random) for ignoring advice? Would they ask the client why the heck they did it? Then what? I know lawyers who have fired clients, for things done expressly against legal advice, but would this be enough?

It depends on the parameters of the agreed-to attorney-client relationship, but there's a high degree of self-selection by attorneys with respect to clients. For example, I have a blanket policy in our office that we will take on no cases involving commercial driver licenses (CDLs) because of the negative experiences that I had with CDL holders during my first three years in private practice (11 out of 12 of the cases were negative experiences). Similar policies can be put in place regarding a client's contact with the media.

I think that Suzanne had a very classy family. They are upstanding individuals, probably very modest when it came to their successes, and the last thing that they would ever want to do would be to air their family issues in public or to accuse anyone of a crime. They remind me of my relatives in Iowa and Minnesota.

However, once families like this start to go public, they do so in a big way because they gain strength from their love, their goodness, and their sense of justice. I could tell by her brother's reaction in his interview that he is not only extremely sad about the circumstances but enraged--as he should be--about what he suspects has happened to his sister. He could barely contain himself when he spoke about doing whatever it took and never stopping to get to the bottom of this tragedy. I know that PE will help the family get the word out in a smart and effective way.

Let's not underestimate how unnerving this must be for BM who probably thought they didn't have it in them.
I absolutely agree with you. Suzanne’s family are reserved, modest and classy; and I think Suzanne was like that herself. She deserved so much more. It angers me to imagine what it must’ve been like for her being married to Barry for decades.

This is so true! I had a close group of female friends in high school, and I blush at the things that I told my friends about my own parents! I also learned all kinds of things about their parents--extremely personal things. Now that I have teenage boys, I hope that they are different than girls are when it comes to discussing my husband and I.

We all had one friend who was extremely private, however. We knew from her mother, who was quite open and spoke to some of our mothers, about certain issues, but oddly enough, we never heard them from our friend. We never told her that we knew, either.

BMs girls may have disclosed many things to other friends. In turn, when this all happened, they may have shared things with the sheriff's daughter, knowing she would tell her father. Interesting.
When my son started high school the principal told the parents at orientation that if they were the parent of a boy and they wanted to know what was going on, to make friends with the parents of a girl.

THIS was what I was about to say!

Now add: "I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.'

He's been silent, "hidden" and just about nameless since day 1.

Then just as soon he finds out his wife is missing LE is demanding answers.

Answers he couldn't find cause he "was a little bit not in my right mind."

*cough cough* um ok........
Nervousness and/or paranoia can make people imagine the law is after them, even before LE have said a word.
Just saying.

One of the things he mentioned that does not make sense is he told Lauren that the reason he has stayed quiet is because of finger pointing.

That does not hold water because on Day 1 nobody even knew about this case until we started to learn about Suzanne being missing.
And BM was silent from Day 1.

There was no finger pointing on Day1 because nobody even knew about the case hardly. So that excuse does not fly with me.

From that very first day he was silent and put out a reward by having someone else communicate to a news site about it. He did not even want to talk to media to communicate the reward.

Then he started to recruit others to coordinate a Giveme fund and so he was silent there too.

And when pressed for a statement , all we got is "its too soon".

Then he finally puts out a one-way video statement and that has been it for the most part.

And more recruiting of others later for other media statements.

So I dont buy the excuse about being silent because he has been silent from Day 1 when there was nobody that hardly knew about the case to be able to blame anyone.

His excuse only makes sense now because of his suspicious non-appearance, and other things but it surely is not a valid excuse in those early days of him being silent when nobody hardly knew of the case and we just started to learn about SM being missing.
All JMO
ITA.
Excellent post !

IMO it also stands to reason that given the fact we know SM was texting a BFF(regardless of gender), she had recently been given an all clear on the cancer treatment, her mother has passed and her 87 year old father is unwell and undergoing cancer treatments of his own with a less than favorable prognosis, why wouldn’t Suzanne want to return home soon? Her daughters are adults or youngest almost at that age so what would keep her from visiting her father and BFF’s child’s wedding?
Either Barry was so controlling that he didn’t want her to be away despite reasonable understanding and compassion or he was afraid she would leave only to never return? Maybe there was someone back home that he wanted her to avoid for whatever reason? Maybe time was short due to her father’s illness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper