Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this.

Barry, why in the world would you leave on Sunday to set up for a job on Monday that you would be coming back to start? You paid for an extra hotel night, and drove hundreds of miles, just for your "tools" could sleep soundly the night before the job started? On Mother's Day. The day your daughter's came home from a trip.

Step up to the plate, Barry.

MOO
My career was as Contract Administrator for Capital and maintenance projects. His story makes no sense at all. The work was supposedly
'Rework'. Either the customer is holding last payment until the work is satisfactory or he has already been paid and has to correct the work. Normally, the foreman would bring the tools/equipment with him to start the work. You would not spend additional money to drive down and pay for a hotel room prior to such a small job. Especially on a Sunday. I call bull manure on this one.

Looks like we are expected to take a multiple choice quiz.

I know right.

Thats the thing. There should have been no confusion or multiple options on what he was allegedly doing on Sunday.

From day 1 we never got straight solid information on where he was allegedly at on Sunday.

LE probably never got a straight answer either.
JMO

The only thing I can find related to firefighters in Denver is this which I think was cancelled as an event as I am seeing some cancellation notices.

The event was supposed to be on
Saturday, May 9, 2020 • 6PM-10PM MDT for trying out for the 2021 calendar. But I think it was cancelled because it does say cancelled. Not totally sure.

CANCELLED: COLORADO FIREFIGHTER CALENDAR 2021 TRY OUTS - Colorado Firefighter Calendar
Oh wow, I'm sure BM was so disappointed that this event was canceled. He workout so hard to look buff.

I know right.

Thats the thing. There should have been no confusion or multiple options on what he was allegedly doing on Sunday.

From day 1 we never got straight solid information on where he was allegedly at on Sunday.

JMO
Yes, you're correct. We need another option for 'none of the above' as a choice.

Thank you for digging this up!
Exactly what I’ve remembered since May, sounds more believable than a jobsite to me.
Now I’m left wondering if he’d have made it as far as the calendar pics or not...did he have a portfolio?
So many random questions, must need more coffee

Pretty sure the Fire Chief said early on that Salida firefighters were not being sent to this officially as a result of pandemic, though he mentioned that one could still attend of his/her own volition. As additional training. Also highly unlikely that BM attended this event because others present would have come forward and spoken for him. MOO.

Yeah that sort of event is a little more believable than working that weekend. I could see where an argument could break out on the home front about it. A wife may not agree to their husband being plastered on a calendar.

It would be interesting to find out when the decision was made to cancel the event.

But was BM really ever planning to work that weekend? Or did he decide to "work" that weekend BECAUSE he needed an alibi and a way to dispose of the body?

If that's the case, then the entire work description is something that existed in order to hide what happened. And BM knew he would never actually "get around" to that work.

Close family knows what BM told others about his plans prior. My heart breaks for what the family is going through as light slowly shines on the lies.

Thank you for this.

Barry, why in the world would you leave on Sunday to set up for a job on Monday that you would be coming back to start? You paid for an extra hotel night, and drove hundreds of miles, just for your "tools" could sleep soundly the night before the job started? On Mother's Day. The day your daughter's came home from a trip.

Step up to the plate, Barry.

MOO
This ^^^, along with BM telling "Inside Edition" that he was in Denver for a firefighter's conference.
After the fire chief said there was no firefighter's events scheduled for Sunday .

Have to say... there are better liars out there than you, B.M.!
Imo.

I know right.

JMO

His truck gps data & phone data is where the truth is, regardless of what BM says.

I know right.

JMO
Along with the fact that for a time, no one knew when Suzanne actually went missing; until we had a solid clue from the friend who was texting with her on Sat.
One person could have made all of this abundantly clear from the beginning.
And now he's acting as though LE and other branches of law enforcement are colluding against him.
Right.

Are bobcat "tires/treads" like car tires that they can connect the pattern to the vehicle?
MOO Well i would say yes. There will be spots of wear they can match. There will be cuts and gouging in specific places. They have a big hard tread, but on job sights you never know exactly what you will running over. So there are wear and tear patterns. Plus those tires last forever. So if there is a tire change it will stick out.

This ^^^, along with BM telling "Inside Edition" that he was in Denver for a firefighter's conference.
After the fire chief said there was no firefighter's events scheduled for Sunday .

Have to say... there are better liars out there than you, B.M.!
Imo.
I had to re-watch then read the transcript, and it doesn't say BM told Inside Edition that's where he was. Given his almost 100% avoidance of ALL media except Lauren Scharf, I'm guess he never spoke to them at all, and they just pulled that info from the intial reports without even bothering to check if it's accurate.

Here's that section of the transcript:

00:43
suzanne is a mother of two her husband
00:45
owns a landscaping company
00:47
he says he was attending a volunteer
00:49
firefighters convention
00:50
150 miles away in denver when his wife
00:53
vanished

Still weird that his name completely disappeared from the title, just because BM got guardianship and was signing for Suzanne in that capacity, it wouldn't extinguish his interest in the property. I wish they posted their recorded documents! MOO

BM did not disappear, nothing weird.

There were TWO filings on 7/8/20: A "Warranty Deed" for BM and a "Guardianship Deed" for SM, each executed on 6/23/20 in fulfillment of the Contract of 5/2/19 that BM/SM had with the buyers. The guardianship order and motion approving the sale is attached to the GUA Deed. Court Order also recognized both BM and SM as title owners. All good.

MOO Well i would say yes. There will be spots of wear they can match. There will be cuts and gouging in specific places. They have a big hard tread, but on job sights you never know exactly what you will running over. So there are wear and tear patterns. Plus those tires last forever. So if there is a tire change it will stick out.

You are exactly right that it can be small gouges or marks in a tire that helps LE identify someone's specific vehicle was in a certain place. Those can be more important than the individual tire tread patterns that different tire manufacturers have.

Here is a real case example where a rock stuck in the tire tread caused a unique pattern and was used in a court hearing.

"McDonald testified that a gap left by a stone in a tire cut positively identified a tire on the charged man’s car as having made a track found at the murder scene.

″No other tire in the world could have made that impression,″ he told the court."

Expert Turns Tire Tread Marks Into Murder-Case Clues

Sorry for posting unconfirmed information yesterday. :)

MOO. I feel like there is something important missing in the BM story and it keeps nagging at me, given the line in the sand that AM has drawn about BM needing to cooperate.

Does anyone know who the daughters went camping with or if they went alone? Does anyone know whether TN was near them and also camping?
How long did it take them to get back on Sunday and did they stay in the Airbnb or did they stay somewhere else (like with BM's mom)? AM spoke highly of BM's mom in the PE interview. I can't imagine how hard this is for her. :(

MOO. There's an element of premeditation that hinges on what happened with the camping--for example, if BM encouraged it, then it looks strange. Maybe he wanted some private time to have important financial discussions with Suzanne? Maybe that conversation went wrong? So he could have "planned" the convo but not the crime.

If BM had nothing to do with the plans for the camping trip, then maybe what happened was completely unexpected (i.e. a crime of passion scenario in which all of this has been improvised to cover what happened on Friday night).

Either way, the camping trip wasn't a usual thing during a pandemic, and I'm looking for information about why it happened, and why the daughters happened to be away at this time?

Last edited:
Oh wow, I'm sure BM was so disappointed that this event was canceled. He workout so hard to look buff.

Yuk.
Having a 51 year old male, being so proud of his body, that he wants to 'show it off'.
I can't wait to see him dressed in loose prison gear, hiding all he is proud off.
In Prison, with the food, little exercise, hope he loses all he has worked on.
MOO.

I had to re-watch then read the transcript, and it doesn't say BM told Inside Edition that's where he was. Given his almost 100% avoidance of ALL media except Lauren Scharf, I'm guess he never spoke to them at all, and they just pulled that info from the intial reports without even bothering to check if it's accurate.

Here's that section of the transcript:

00:43
suzanne is a mother of two her husband
00:45
owns a landscaping company
00:47
he says he was attending a volunteer
00:49
firefighters convention
00:50
150 miles away in denver when his wife
00:53
vanished

Thanks for clarifying, OM.
Yes, I personally can't see him talking to IE. ;)
But I'm not BM thank god and so I thought maybe he did talk to them to 'set the record straight', so to speak.
Lol.
BM you've already said way too much. :eek:

Sorry for posting unconfirmed information yesterday. :)

MOO. I feel like there is something important missing in the BM story and it keeps nagging at me, given the line in the sand that AM has drawn about BM needing to cooperate.

Does anyone know who the daughters went camping with or if they went alone? Does anyone know whether TN was near them and also camping?
How long did it take them to get back on Sunday and did they stay in the Airbnb or did they stay somewhere else (like with BM's mom)? AM spoke highly of BM's mom in the PE interview. I can't imagine how hard this is for her. :(

MOO. There's an element of premeditation that hinges on what happened with the camping--for example, if BM encouraged it, then it looks strange. Maybe he wanted some private time to have important financial discussions with Suzanne?

If BM had nothing to do with the plans for the camping trip, then that falls in line with a crime of passion scenario in which all of this has been improvised to cover what happened on Friday night?

Either way, the camping trip wasn't a usual thing during a pandemic, and I'm looking for information about why it happened, and why the daughters happened to be away at this time?

This is what has been revealed in MSM:

The Morphew girls were camping somewhere in Idaho, and were on their way back on Mother's Day.

That's it. No other details at all, and since they're considered victims according to TOS, they're off limits for sleuthing & posting here on the forum.

Yuk.
Having a 51 year old male, being so proud of his body, that he wants to 'show it off'.
I can't wait to see him dressed in loose prison gear, hiding all he is proud off.
In Prison, with the food, little exercise, hope he loses all he has worked on.
MOO.
Ita. :)

However ...they have gym equipment in prisons, so I've heard from documentaries.
Maybe he'll make some new friends ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members