Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also there was a really nice attorney from Indiana on the thread, and unfortunately I cant remember her name, but she said she knew the judge ruling on the case and hes well respected, and wouldnt grant the guardianship if the legal requirements
This is from post #1 of every thread. Perhaps the last one listed?

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Hmmm. Maybe. Thinking aloud. MOO. BM has never suggested that he was going to work on a job and be home that night. It never sounded like a day trip. Enter the use of hotel to house tools--would those stay there during the week? Would all the workers have access to the hotel/motel room to use tools if he wasn't there? The whole job story is strange and unclear apart from the job description itself--fixing a wall. To my knowledge, we don't yet have evidence that BM did that--we do have evidence that he SAID he was GOING TO do that (which feels different).

Why on earth wouldn't BM mention that he was planning to go and set up and then come back that night to be with Suzanne on Mother's Day--if that was the plan? Why wouldn't that come up in any public statement? It sounds like the sort of thing he'd love to be able to claim but for some reason he didn't or hasn't. He made vague references to firefighter training then specific references to a job with a wall that I'm not sure he ever planned to finish or even start? He knew he was going to get "called back" when Suzanne didn't answer the daughter's texts on Mother's Day. He knew he wasn't going to get to finish that job.

Still thinking aloud. And wondering:
  1. When did BM contact Colorado Springs client about fixing his wall? Was it Friday night, Saturday morning--or earlier? That is an alibi/timeline question.
  2. Did BM even have time to assemble his crew for the wall job? Or did he know that he wasn't going to have to bother because Suzanne would disappear and he would be back home that night?

(@Megnut this is kind of related to what you posted as well so looping you... :)

@allyoucantleavebehind - I need to apologize for not adding a disclaimer to my "what if post." For better than 3 months, we assumed BM traveled to DENVER on Mother's Day, allegedly to set up a job for his landscape crew. His crew was expected to arrive in town on Sunday night. We heard this direct from BM's lips (see YT video).

On 8/25, we heard for the very first time from AM, (SM's brother) that BM told him he was setting up a job in Colorado Springs and the job did not appear to be landscape related whatsoever. My post was only to confirm what I heard (i.e., interpretation of the conversation between BM and AM). I don't hold any truth to what BM alleges he did on Sunday.

And tonight-- BM reportedly told Inside Edition that he was allegedly attending a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday!!

Sorry for any inconvenience my post may have caused. :)

Last edited:
@allyoucantleavebehind - I need to apologize for not adding a disclaimer to my "what if post." For better than 3 months, we assumed BM traveled to DENVER on Mother's Day, allegedly to set up a job for his landscape crew. His crew was expected to arrive in town on Sunday night. We heard this direct from BM's lips (see YT video).

On 8/25, we heard for the very first time from AM, (SM's brother) that BM told him he was setting up a job in Colorado Springs and the job did not appear to be landscape related whatsoever. My post was to confirm an interpretation of the conversation between BM and AM. I don't hold any truth to what BM alleges he did on Sunday.

And tonight-- BM reportedly told Inside Edition that he was allegedly attending a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday!!

Sorry for any inconvenience my post may have caused. :)
Are you kidding me?!
A what convention??
I am shaking my head....

Yup! Unbloodybelievable! Caused me to spit some very good cabernet. I'm done giving my ear to B Morphew!!

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28
As much as I want Barry to make mistakes and alter his story, I think Inside Edition pulled an ID Discovery there, and got some of the details wrong.

I don’t believe they spoke to Barry, and they mixed old information in with the new stuff from Suzanne’s brother.

@Ninja Bunny jinx.

As much as I want Barry to make mistakes and alter his story, I think Inside Edition pulled an ID Discovery there, and got some of the details wrong.

I don’t believe they spoke to Barry, and they mixed old information in with the new stuff from Suzanne’s brother.

@Ninja Bunny jinx.
Called their friends at DM... sounds about right. The PAY FOR NEWS clubs like to stick together. :p

I think that’s just sloppy reporting from Inside Edition, repeating early rumors. I don’t think IE spoke to Barry themselves, they’re just rehashing other people’s stuff and being loose about it.
Very sloppy reporting. It sounds like this was put together as hastily as possible. It’s really irresponsible on their part.

I disagree. I would NEVER take a polygraph, innocent or no. There is a reason they aren't allowed in court. They are unreliable. I will give him a pass on this one thing. Other things, not so much.

I believe Barry is guilty, but i agree with the polygraph, if an innocent man fails a polygraph regarding killing his wife he is going to be crucified by the public regardless of whether he is innocent or not, The effect that could have on a persons well being during an already difficult time is terrible, let alone the effect that could have on somebody's family, children etc thinking that there father killed their mother when in fact they are innocent and vice versa if Barry was to pass the lie detector there are still people who will believe he cheated it. It can also impact a jury in a high profile case like this who are likley to hear this in the news long before the trial starts, They are all human and are subject to bias.

There are so many huge red flags in this case but for me i can't hold the polygraph completely against him, because they are not reliable, innocent people fail and guilty people pass. If it were that simple there would be no need for trials everybody would just take polygraphs.

In mu opinion BM had a Motive - They may have been in financial difficulty, SM challenged him about buying the land (which he subsequently bought very quickly after SM disappeared). A narcissist would boil over on being challenged about his business decisions, especially if SM use to not stand up to him and had let him make all the decisions, which appears to be the case as BM moved them to Colorado away from everything she knew.

It is possible that after listening to the interview with SM Dad and brother that they hated BM. They may have been encouraging SM to leave him. BM twisted this to turn his daughters against SM family as they stopped contacting her family. They are in HS and college and should be capable of making their own decisions. This shows that BM is very controlling. If SM started to stand up to him and threatened to leave him he would snap. It has been reported by a church member that BM is “somewhat controlling“.

Last edited:
In mu opinion BM had a Motive - They may have been in financial difficulty, SM challenged him about buying the land (which he subsequently bought very quickly after SM disappeared). A narcissist would boil over on being challenged about his business decisions, especially if SM use to not stand up to him and had let him make all the decisions, which appears to be the case as BM moved them to Colorado away from everything she knew.

It is possible that after listening to the interview with SM Dad and brother that they hated BM. They may have been encouraging SM to leave him. BM twisted this to turn his daughters against SM family as they stopped contacting her family. They are in HS and college and should be capable of making their own decisions. This shows that BM is very controlling. If SM started to stand up to him and threatened to leave him he would snap. It has been reported by a church member that BM is “somewhat controlling“.
I didn't get the impression that Suzanne's father and brother hated Barry or may have been encouraging her to leave him. AM defended him at first and seemed to be genuinely surprised to hear that BM had not been cooperating.

They mentioned having little communication with Suzanne after they moved to Colorado. They probably had no idea what was going on in their marriage during that time.

I don't think they changed their minds about BM until investigators went to Indiana to talk to them. They are probably now looking back and trying to put the pieces together to figure out what went wrong.

Barry doesn't seem like the type of person who would talk about his feelings or his relationship. Suzanne didn't seem like the type who would complain. She seemed to be loving and loyal towards her husband. I think if there were any problems in the marriage at all, it's possible that nobody knew, not even Suzanne's closest friends.

Imo

I wonder who made the search plan up for the search that AM said he thinks he walked 20 yards from the said personal item that LE found at a later time. Was BM searching with AM at that search? I'm getting suspicious feeling that they were "supposed" to see/find that item.
Also it seems strange that when AM was there BM was down walking along the creek. Isn't that what TD said? He thought BM was wet and had been in the creek?
Is it me or does it seem all the searches BM wants/did are [motioning with arm] up that way. moo

BBM

I wonder about that, too. BM also told Scharf that his buddy was right there when the bike was found.

Could be coincidence, but it feels too perfect.

MOO

I didn't get the impression that Suzanne's father and brother hated Barry or may have been encouraging her to leave him. AM defended him at first and seemed to be genuinely surprised to hear that BM had not been cooperating.

They mentioned having little communication with Suzanne after they moved to Colorado. They probably had no idea what was going on in their marriage during that time.

I don't think they changed their minds about BM until investigators went to Indiana to talk to them. They are probably now looking back and trying to put the pieces together to figure out what went wrong.

Barry doesn't seem like the type of person who would talk about his feelings or his relationship. Suzanne didn't seem like the type who would complain. She seemed to be loving and loyal towards her husband. I think if there were any problems in the marriage at all, it's possible that nobody knew, not even Suzanne's closest friends.

Imo
. CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

@Ninja Bunny jinx.
Agreed..if he wouldn't even appear with LS a respected local reporter, I doubt he would give a sensationalistic tabloid style channel like Inside Edition an interview.

BBM

I wonder about that, too. BM also told Scharf that his buddy was right there when the bike was found.

Could be coincidence, but it feels too perfect.

MOO
I also still can't wrap my head around the fact that his buddy was trying to direct LE on how to handle the bike. That early in the investigation, what would make the friend think it was foul play and they needed to preserve fingerprints? Indoctrination?

OMG. Fifty years of living in the country and we have never had a cougar until last night. Our son came in late from harvesting and there was one in the trees in his yard. No wonder people are so leary of them, just the thought scared all of us.

I can’t imagine going biking alone if you knew they were close by.

Somewhere in one of these threads, there was a discussion of BM saying the job would take four days and someone brilliant even mapped out the weather report for those four days. Unfortunately, searching for "four" gave me so many answers that I can't even read them all in one night. It might have been in earlier thread that described the Colorado Springs job. It wasn't a post that detailed hotel reservations--it was in a discussion or thread that talked about why BM was choosing this time to go and fix the wall. Sorry @PaulaDC I know it's here somewhere. There is so much info in these threads--it is amazing.

That was me. I initially thought he meant he'd be working in CS area for 4 days but now I'm not so sure that's what he meant. Here's the transcript of the PE video where AM tells CM, what BM told him:

06:37
i got up mother's day morning
06:41
5 a.m your sister was laying there
06:43
asleep i got dressed
06:45
i left for work i said what work he said
06:48
i had a job i believe it was colorado
06:52
springs
06:53
where he was building a wall and they
06:56
did it last fall
06:57
but part of the wall was crooked wasn't
07:00
up to standard
07:02
so he had to go back in there take it
07:03
out and redo it and he said i was going
07:06
there
to set that job site up in the hotel put
07:09
the tools in the hotel
07:11
so that my crew could show up though the
07:12
next day and we can start rebuilding
07:14
that wall
07:15
he said i knew if i did that on mother's
07:17
day
07:18
that i could be working in the local
07:21
area for the next four or five days
07:24
so your sister agreed that that was okay
07:26
and the girls were on their way home

I also looked up the weather for Mother's day week and noticed it was supposed to be rather rainy/stormy, and wondered if that kind of work was done in that kind of weather. I don't know much about hardscaping so I wasn't sure.

Last edited:
That was me. I initially thought he meant he'd be working in CS area for 4 days but now I'm not so sure that's what he meant. Here's the transcript of the PE video where AM tells CM, what BM told him:

06:37
i got up mother's day morning
06:41
5 a.m your sister was laying there
06:43
asleep i got dressed
06:45
i left for work i said what work he said
06:48
i had a job i believe it was colorado
06:52
springs
06:53
where he was building a wall and they
06:56
did it last fall
06:57
but part of the wall was crooked wasn't
07:00
up to standard
07:02
so he had to go back in there take it
07:03
out and redo it and he said i was going
there
to set that job site up in the hotel put
07:09
the tools in the hotel
07:11
so that my crew could show up though the
07:12
next day and we can start rebuilding
07:14
that wall
07:15
he said i knew if i did that on mother's
07:17
day
07:18
that i could be working in the local
07:21
area for the next four or five days
07:24
so your sister agreed that that was okay
07:26
and the girls were on their way home

I also looked up the weather for Mother's day week and noticed it was supposed to be rather rainy/stormy, and wondered if that kind of work was done in that kind of weather. I don't know much about hardscaping so I wasn't sure.

Thank you for this.

Barry, why in the world would you leave on Sunday to set up for a job on Monday that you would be coming back to start? You paid for an extra hotel night, and drove hundreds of miles, just for your "tools" could sleep soundly the night before the job started? On Mother's Day. The day your daughter's came home from a trip.

Step up to the plate, Barry.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members