Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sharing an opinion of mine as this thoughts matches some of my own. Wouldn't you think they would have had to have worked pretty close together with all these ventures? Sure it could lead to some unwanted and overloaded stress but I think with everything they have/had going on that they would have been talking constantly. Kind of stronger together kind of thing. This is my opinion and not trying to make an excuse but if your doing as much as they have / did, I would think they would have worked through some pretty darn stressful times. I think back to '06 thru '08 and if they were doing what they do now that would have had some pretty stressful moment to work out together, and Spring time for anyone in the outdoor industry is your most stressful time. Just makes it hard to believe and want to try and stay neutral but pretty dang tough. I'm not so sure it was a business dealing that sent things out of control, or this has anything to do with either of there business dealings.
BBM
What do you mean by this?
I would think for an outdoor business in springtime would be a great time for business. No snow or rain, weather is nice, not too hot. Easy to work in.
Are you saying it would be the most stressful time because this would be a time a lot of jobs would be starting/going on?

worth a read:

in 2015 - 500 husbands killed their wives
in 2015 - 500 men killed their girlfriends

- "abuse and violence in the relationship usually preceded the murder"

With how common these murders are, see how
LE can quickly uncover the perp? They see the same patterns over and over again.

The Twisted Reasons Why Some Husbands Kill Their Wives

Last edited:
Ok, now this is quite interesting if this is the part they refer to. I know there are some experts here and I haven't read beyond this post to see if this was addressed yet.
What is the Blade Float detent used for

gonna bring this link back to the front of the thread. some great info at this link. any expert diggers want to tell us what they think and/or if the info being discussed is correct? :) this takes me back to the idea that the morphew driveway is dirt.

one of the comments:

"back-blading is used to clean up your tire marks. "

gonna bring this link back to the front of the thread. some great info at this link. any expert diggers want to tell us what they think and/or if the info being discussed is correct? :) this takes me back to the idea that the morphew driveway is dirt.

one of the comments:

"back-blading is used to clean up your tire marks. "
this may be referring to an earlier question of whether or not you can erase the tracks made
by a bobcat driving through the woods.

Just a question that crossed my mind this morning. Pardon me if this has been brought up and discussed. Why would BM mention the baby blue bike on that note he scribbled for the Salida shopkeeper when bike was already found in the ravine? JMO

Because in Barry's version of events, she went missing while out riding the baby blue bike, and this is meant to prompt peoples memories, in case they noticed a baby blue bike on the roads on mother's day!

I thought it was a helmet.
1598113829534.jpeg

Because in Barry's version of events, she went missing while out riding the baby blue bike, and this is meant to prompt peoples memories, in case they noticed a baby blue bike on the roads on mother's day!
Ah ok makes sense! I was thinking it meant things to be on the look out for as in "evidence" like he asked TD to look for ( but not touch) and photograph for LE

I really want to know if there is any phone activity either text messages or SM/Internet activity from her after 5am when barry supposedly left her that mothers day morning, And whether it was normal for her phone to usually have activity each morning. My guess is there was no phone activity that morning and there usually was each morning.

That's it? No "have you seen a person riding this?" (time frame too should be put on there)
How about a brief description of SM? Like a white woman, approximately so many pounds, brown hair that might have shown under the helmet, etc. Anything he could think of.
As far as the note he wrote someone could have thought that the bike, helmet and clothing were for sale.
But he didn't give a number to contact, not even LE.
I wonder what that article of her belonging is that was found.

Just a question that crossed my mind this morning. Pardon me if this has been brought up and discussed. Why would BM mention the baby blue bike on that note he scribbled for the Salida shopkeeper when bike was already found in the ravine? JMO

Just my opinion but I believe that was the list of items he staged. Those were the first things that came to mind for him when he wanted people to look for "Suzanne". No, he wanted those items to be found. Indeed the bike was, but at the time of his visit to the little store, the other items had not yet been found. Again, just my opinion.

ETA: and what a coincidence it'll be, if it turns out that those 3 items, bike, helmet and biking clothing, are the very same items that were found. o_O

Last edited:
Too me, it's clear he ran out of writing room on the receipt and that two items are listed: 1. baby blue bike helmet 2. biking clothing.

A description not of SM, but what she was wearing.
Looks to me like there's plenty more room to write something more at the bottom.
When I make notes on a small paper I even write up the side in order to get it all written.
To me, this doesn't look like he really tried. jmo
I wonder if there is a history of alcohol abuse. I haven't heard anything to that affect, but some of this causes me to to question it.
moo

That's it? No "have you seen a person riding this?" (time frame too should be put on there)
How about a brief description of SM? Like a white woman, approximately so many pounds, brown hair that might have shown under the helmet, etc. Anything he could think of.
As far as the note he wrote someone could have thought that the bike, helmet and clothing were for sale.
But he didn't give a number to contact, not even LE.
I wonder what that article of her belonging is that was found.

Well, @IronOreBetty noted previously, when discussing the note that "[her] training tells [her that] he may have a learning disability such as dyslexia." He isn't exactly an eloquent speaker, but that may have to do with a possible disability & not due to any sort of plan to try to hide a crime he committed.

I really want to know if there is any phone activity either text messages or SM/Internet activity from her after 5am when barry supposedly left her that mothers day morning, And whether it was normal for her phone to usually have activity each morning. My guess is there was no phone activity that morning and there usually was each morning.

I'm kind of fascinated with digital evidence so I'm looking forward to learning what the investigators uncovered in this area. In my situation, my morning routine is obvious on my phone: open my ring app, watch the overnight vids, open the Bible app & read the verse of the day (very popular app, I'm willing to bet SM uses it too - tons of people do), check FB messenger, weather, etc. And this is all before I pour my first coffee!
Pretty much everyone has some type of daily normal, expected routine/behavior on their phones like this, and they'll be able to easily determine if her "normal" was done on Sunday. I don't believe it was, but that's jmo.

Looks to me like there's plenty more room to write something more at the bottom.
When I make notes on a small paper I even write up the side in order to get it all written.
To me, this doesn't look like he really tried. jmo
I wonder if there is a history of alcohol abuse. I haven't heard anything to that affect, but some of this causes me to to question it.
moo

What I meant was he ran out of room on the right margin when listing the helmet.

Yeah. I mean, that interview lasted 25 minutes, and the piece was only a few minutes long.

There are so many things she can shed light on, and I can’t wait for the answers.

I think she will be reluctant to reveal a lot of things at this time in an attempt to gain barrys trust and get him back for possible further interviews. If she reveals too many things that people will deem suspicious he will be less willing to do another interview. I think she will reval more if it looks like barry is no longer go
I'm kind of fascinated with digital evidence so I'm looking forward to learning what the investigators uncovered in this area. In my situation, my morning routine is obvious on my phone: open my ring app, watch the overnight vids, open the Bible app & read the verse of the day (very popular app, I'm willing to bet SM uses it too - tons of people do), check FB messenger, weather, etc. And this is all before I pour my first coffee!
Pretty much everyone has some type of daily normal, expected routine/behavior on their phones like this, and they'll be able to easily determine if her "normal" was done on Sunday. I don't believe it was, but that's jmo.

Exactly and its certainly something somebody would do before going on a bike ride.

I agree with everything the brother is saying except for "take a lie detector test and clear yourself." A polygraph isn't admissible in court and isn't very accurate. BM gains nothing by taking the test. If he fails, the police may conclude he's guilty. If he passes, some will contend he "beat the machine." It's truly a lose-lose proposition.

JMO..

I have to agree with this, i am still very much on the fence when it comes to lie detectors, the are not admissible in court for a reason, Some people can pass them even when they are lying and some people can even fail them when they are innocent. Even if i were innocent i would be pretty paranoid about taking one in case it somehow came back as i were lying.

I have to agree with this, i am still very much on the fence when it comes to lie detectors, the are not admissible in court for a reason, Some people can pass them even when they are lying and some people can even fail them when they are innocent. Even if i were innocent i would be pretty paranoid about taking one in case it somehow came back as i were lying.

While I agree that polygraphs are somewhat unreliable, I believe (without putting words in his mouth) AM's plea to BM about this was more about him (BM) being willing to take these tests, instead of lying about having either already taken them, or saying he was never asked.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member