Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Websleuths! It's a friendly place for discussions. My own experience here is that posters respond in kind. Politeness begets politeness regardless of your viewpoint. :)
I agree that TN was probably told about the wheels being bent.

I now think that someone possibly ran over the wheel(s) of the bike before throwing it down the hill. JMO.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month | FOX21 News Colorado

Suzanne’s brother clarified he did not see the recovered bike himself, but said investigators talked to him about what they had found.

“They told me at least the wheels weren’t bent. Nothing was tore up on the bike… and there was no signs of a struggle. And from that moment on – I thought for sure that this was foul play,” he said.

bbm
This article says the wheels weren't bent. Did I miss something? Tia

I think Tim's rules are pretty simple. The request must come from the missing person's immediate family -- in this case BM and/or the daughters. He'll take that to the local LE and if they are OK, then Tim is OK.

I don't think Tim will get involved here without BM making the request. The exposure is too great when his services can be viewed as creating a wedge between families.

We already know that BM believes LE botched the investigation.

Add a well meaning search group answering to the call of his inlaws, BM would likely be all over this -- adding that their presence was interfering with the investigation, and questioning any possible evidence collected as planted against him, because that's what CCSO has been doing -- using BM as the fall guy. :rolleyes:

And not to say that Tim would not be sympathetic to the Moorman's.
He's got to protect his service, organization, and his volunteers.

JMO
:(

Accessing G-f---M- $$$. How Often?
@PaulaDC sbm bbm Per website info (excerpted below), looks like $ transfers are made per beneficiary' request. Of course. other fundraisers may operate differently.
But agreeing w you: $$$ may have been spent quickly & may no longer be available to SM fam member searchers. jmo Sad.

https://support.xxxxxxxxx.comxxxxxxxxxx-I-m-a-Beneficiary
"How a beneficiary account works
"When an organizer adds a beneficiary, an email invitation is sent asking them to claim the beneficiary account. Once the beneficiary has accepted that invitation, a separate but linked xxxxxxxx account is created for them. The beneficiary can then access the funds and request a withdrawal ....

"Here's how to receive funds from a fundraiser created for you: ....
As the beneficiary, you’ll have sole access.... You'll need to withdraw the funds within 90 days of the first donation, otherwise all donations will be refunded." bbm
They send you a few different ways to have the money deposited into your account. It basically a direct deposit. I'm 99.9% sure it's long gone. moo

Excerpt:
Moorman said there is no history of animosity between Barry and Suzanne in their marriage, but that current circumstances have brought new issues to light.

“I think there’s a friend that she texted a lot and talked to, that she confided in, and maybe things weren’t hunky dory,” he said.
I also think this may have been the catalyst that sent BM over the edge. If SM was confiding in her friend and BM found out, it would have made him feel he was losing control. She may have been trying to convince SM to move back to IN. He may have built up a resentment against the friend; almost a jealousy. That hours long text conversation might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. MOO

Thank you for your contributions. I was wondering what your thoughts are in regards to BM's recorder interview by TD. He seems to have trouble expressing himself. Perhaps he is having trouble keeping his story straight? Perhaps something organic going on? This is a link to TD interview. TIA.
While there might be a frontal lobe injury or any number of things going on, I think he's just lying through his teeth trying to hide the truth.
JMO

IMO the most compelling reasons for not wanting to have voice recorded would be to do with:
the information being held in perpetuity;
ready availability for repeated analyses addressing different questions, using a variety of analytic techniques;
rendering the contained information static/permanent - there would need to be very good reasons for subsequently changing the content (e.g. temporary amnesia, caused by head injury).
Do me a favor and stop giving his defense attorney something to go on?
Thanks. :p

After BM was done carrying on, did his searchmate press forward? Or did the search turn back, the direction from which it came?

Killdeer are known to fake a broken wing to redirect attention. TS gave a Cousin It interview, to shift focus away from her moving truck (and hidden agenda, splitting town and relocating a precious child's body).

Sure, maybe the location was significant to his marriage and overcome with grief, he crumpled.... or are we looking at diversionary tactic?

JMO
You may very well have something there, @Megnut.
Somehow I doubt it was anything but feigned histrionics. Much like his 'tears' where his ducts didn't behave in kind.

As in, the CCSO sharing info with the volunteer search team AM is trying to put together?
I agree that would be super helpful but Sheriff Spezze doesn't come across as the sharing type.
And while frustrating, I think that's actually a very good thing, for the integrity of the case.

jmo
What if CBI wanted to confide in someone who would then, with permission, confide in another who they believed would keep their confidence. It happens.
I live in NY and it's a tactic that's used (and I'm sure in many instances) , in my experience. I'm not saying that it always pays off but it can be a useful tool in an investigation - especially when it comes to a missing person or a felon fleeing justice.
Granted, it's usually directed toward someone who was closely involved but not culpable.
Hey, I'm grasping here but I'm trying to be optimistic. :)

Lots of thoughts about SUZANNE and where she could be, especially with her brother trying to organize a search for her in September.

Could she be hidden south of the Morphew house, up in the hills behind the home? That area isn’t inhabited for many miles, and is maybe national forest?

My thought process is this: BM has just mortally wounded SUZANNE, what’s next. Hiding her body the fastest, easiest way (if the murder was not planned). If the Morphews own a four wheeler or side-by-side, using it to go out into the woods behind the house might be a good stealthy option versus driving a vehicle along the local highways with SUZANNE’s body.

BM could leave his phone at home, be gone an hour or so, return home, and finalize his cover up plan.

Speculation and IMO.

Can I ask you to clarify who you don't trust. Thank you!
BM's lying down in the road is what I'm referring to. I don't trust that it was genuine, as far as how it was supposed to be perceived as a 'break down' of sorts.
IMO, it was an act and as someone else mentioned, a possible reason to turn around and stop that particular direction in their search.
So, in short, it's BM that I don't trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot