Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is an error in the report you've linked. If you follow the link within that report ("They returned to a property east of Salida to...") to the earlier report dated July 9 (and updated July 10), it says that investigators returned to the Morphew home, WEST of Salida, not the property east of Salida.

ETA: I did also watch the video, but it seems that BOTH the video and the report are inconsistent with the information in that July 9 report that is linked to in the Aug 31 report. They both say "east of Salida," but that earlier report says "Morphew home, west of Salida."

I think that the search "east of Salida" is the property where BM had done work that was searched. Not the home property. JMO

If BM couldn't attend live there was nothing stopping him from "zooming" into the rally remotely or sending a statement to be read by his or Suzanne's family or even THANKING everyone for their support and caring about Suzanne after the rally. I've not seen a anything from him. Has he shown any gratitude at all for the event?

He could have done that along with their daughters. Very many interesting family dynamics at play in this case. jmo

I don't think that would be the Moorman way. I won't be surprised to see AM publically asking BM in the next weeks to assist them with the upcoming search effort planned for late Sept. MOO
I am nearly sure of it. Let BM be the one to say "no", instead of being able to say they didn't ask. But maybe they should look exactly in the areas that he says he has already searched.

Here is one of my thoughts. There is no way that Suzanne would not be there for her father during his cancer battle, the same father that was there twice for her when she had the exact same battle. Suzanne would know exactly how hard that fight is and with her fathers advanced age I don't think wild horses could keep her away from helping during such a difficult time, and if the fight is lost she would also be there for her family. We know that BM has instructed the family to keep quiet and we know that the Moormans have had no contact with Suzanne's girls, so I think there are many more family members that are not "allowed" to speak out, or even make phone calls to other family members.

Has BLM disclosed how he gets his crews for his earth prep and hardscaping work? Does he have "regulars," or does he recruit a new crew with each job?

I know BLM reportedly mentioned one crooked-wall-building crew member who BLM says he had to fire because he had a drug problem. IIRC, BLM said that former crew member still lives in the Salida area and might have posed a threat to BLM's family (i.e. BLM threw that former employee under the bus much like Fotis Dulos attempted to do with his project manager).

The reason I'm curious is because I'm aware that sometimes owners of construction and landscaping businesses recruit laborers from groups of people who otherwise find it difficult to find work, so they're willing to work hard for whatever pay they can get, whether above or below the table (ex-cons, folks on probation of some kind, registered sex offenders, or people otherwise trying to stay under the radar of LE).

I've also seen reports that BLM and SM reportedly had several rental properties (at least in Indiana). That makes me wonder if BLM might have provided housing to some of his workers. If he is hiring from the groups I mentioned above, those people tend to have as much difficulty finding housing as they do finding employment, because they are often asked to disclose their past.

JMO and food for thought. I have no such knowledge that BLM does hire or provide rental housing as described.

ETA: I see that the moderator has warned in response to this post that sleuthing of BLM's business is not allowed at this time, so am adding this edit to make others reading this aware.

Last edited:
I think that the search "east of Salida" is the property where BM had done work that was searched. Not the home property. JMO

that's what i was thinking, too. they indeed said, in the video above that article, that they had been BACK to the property east of salida to search for MORE clues, but i don't think we have been given that info before, so either it's new info or a mistake.

If this was my person missing I would be ecstatic to have this big of a search being planned. Hopefully Barry and those who helped during his own searches are excited to have help, and turn out to be a part of this effort. This day(s) needs to be about Finding Suzanne, period, not ignoring it because "Barrys innocent". This, for once, needs to be about Suzanne, not Barry.
I completely agree!

SM’s brothers upcoming search efforts are commendable. IMO, this is where poor families of the missing will most likely feel another level of disappointment, frustration and desperation.

IMO, LE will not support this search effort. Therefore, the skill set truly needed will kindly get turned down because LE did not call them up directly. Folks that are on SAR teams will most likely not go rogue and risk their position with their organization for a private search. They will also not be covered if they get injured.

Anyone who would charge you for their service, IMO, is questionable. Unless of course we are talking about air support (helicopter), that will cost you, as an example.

Then you are kind of left with a bunch of folks with good intentions but are not a good choice for a search in that kind of terrain. Let’s say you get 300-500 volunteers, that’s a large number to keep track of safety wise, then you worry that everyone knows areas they can and cannot go (trespassing). This search will most likely not sit well with LE. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds and of course I wish them all safety and the resolution they are hoping for. Just my opinion.

Its true. But I will say that a volunteer effort found a young nurse in California who went missing. Michelle Le’s body was found actually by the mother of murder victim Amber Dubois. The lady was part of a volunteer search effort.

I do believe that LE gave the family info about the cell phone pings of the suspect which they used to organize the search.

Has BLM disclosed how he gets his crews for his earth prep and hardscaping work? Does he have "regulars," or does he recruit a new crew with each job?

I know BLM reportedly mentioned one crooked-wall-building crew member who BLM says he had to fire because he had a drug problem. IIRC, BLM said that former crew member still lives in the Salida area and might have posed a threat to BLM's family (i.e. BLM threw that former employee under the bus much like Fotis Dulos attempted to do with his project manager).

The reason I'm curious is because I'm aware that sometimes owners of construction and landscaping businesses recruit laborers from groups of people who otherwise find it difficult to find work, so they're willing to work hard for whatever pay they can get, whether above or below the table (ex-cons, folks on probation of some kind, registered sex offenders, or people otherwise trying to stay under the radar of LE).

I've also seen reports that BLM and SM reportedly had several rental properties (at least in Indiana). That makes me wonder if BLM might have provided housing to some of his workers. If he is hiring from the groups I mentioned above, those people tend to have as much difficulty finding housing as they do finding employment, because they are often asked to disclose their past.

JMO and food for thought. I have no such knowledge that BLM does hire or provide rental housing as described.

No, and while we have permission to discuss him as a potential POI, we can't fully sleuth him/his business on the public forum, at this time.
This is one of those gray areas with exceptions so we have to be mindful of that.
I hope that helps.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother calls for ‘army search’ in Colorado next month | FOX21 News Colorado

Suzanne’s brother clarified he did not see the recovered bike himself, but said investigators talked to him about what they had found.

“They told me at least the wheels weren’t bent. Nothing was tore up on the bike… and there was no signs of a struggle. And from that moment on – I thought for sure that this was foul play,” he said.
IIRC, he said that he saw where 'THE BIKE' was found and that there was no way it ended up there without someone tossing it over into the ravine.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member