Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother of missing woman Suzanne Morphew calls for an extensive search in Colorado next month

SABBM:
Andy hopes to gather volunteers from Indiana, Colorado and everywhere in between and said he’s appealing to anyone who can help by boat, 4-wheel-drive or on foot.

Suzanne was reported missing by a neighbor on May 10 after her daughters, who were away on a camping trip, couldn’t reach her. According to Andy, Suzanne’s husband Barry said he left their house around 5 a.m. and went to a landscaping job. Andy says Barry told him that Suzanne left for a bike ride that morning. Andy told Dateline his sister’s bike was recovered from a bridge near her home later that same day.

And just how exactly would BM know that SM left for a bike ride that morning if he left the house at 5 am?

Its true. But I will say that a volunteer effort found a young nurse in California who went missing. Michelle Le’s body was found actually by the mother of murder victim Amber Dubois. The lady was part of a volunteer search effort.

I do believe that LE gave the family info about the cell phone pings of the suspect which they used to organize the search.

It looks like when Michelle Le was found, detectives were assisting in the search and possibly was in a more urban setting where getting lost is less of a risk (although certainly an injury was still possible).
Michelle Le search party finds remains – The Mercury News

I worry a lot about a search in the backcountry of Salida, especially folks who may be flying/driving in from sea level to 7000 ft and then exerting themselves on a search effort. Searching off-trail, in areas with minimal cell phone coverage, in late Sept (when weather could be turning colder), in possibly challenging terrain, involves some level of risk and some very good navigation skills. I hope the focus is on local(ish) volunteers first who may be better able to weigh these risks and determine if they should participate.

I do understand the family's need to do something proactive and I hope PE can help guide that energy into a useful, purposeful search effort.

A contractor that drags tools into a hotel room? Does he not have a locking, alarmed truck?
MOO have seen poor men have to carry in their tools for the night, but BM is a big time contractor, unless he's not. Is his business a vanity project, and he was a business failure kept by his wife?

Oh, you mean like Fotis Dulos? The other controlling husband who offed his wife when she finally mustered up the courage to peel this
cheating parasite off of her and her family.
Fotis was called a multi millionare builder and developer but it was all a ruse, he was simply playing with her daddy's money and making believe he had a job and a title.
When she left w/ all 5 kids and threatened his
income stream, he flipped out and disappeared her.
Your post is very interesting, Boxer.

I agree with the thoughts in both these quotes.:):):)

BM appears to be controlling, has a temper, his intelligence seems poor as we hear the many lies flicking from one statement to the next, blaming workers for poor work etc
This does not help in being a successful business person.

Perhaps BM's business is kept going due to SM's money.
We may find a Fotis Dulos type of case here.
Hope ongoing finances are revealed soon.
MOO.

It looks like when Michelle Le was found, detectives were assisting in the search and possibly was in a more urban setting where getting lost is less of a risk (although certainly an injury was still possible).
Michelle Le search party finds remains – The Mercury News

I worry a lot about a search in the backcountry of Salida, especially folks who may be flying/driving in from sea level to 7000 ft and then exerting themselves on a search effort. Searching off-trail, in areas with minimal cell phone coverage, in late Sept (when weather could be turning colder), in possibly challenging terrain, involves some level of risk and some very good navigation skills. I hope the focus is on local(ish) volunteers first who may be better able to weigh these risks and determine if they should participate.

I do understand the family's need to do something proactive and I hope PE can help guide that energy into a useful, purposeful search effort.

I also have some concerns, especially since bow hunting for deer and elk is in the timeframe of the search.

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/HunterEd/HuntPlanner.pdf

At the very least, searchers should be wearing blaze orange vests so they can be easily seen. I hope LE will close areas while they are being searched if any of these areas are used by hunters.

Since June 5, 2020, BM has had Letters of Guardianship for SM, empowering him to have full control over his Ward's (wife) entire estate without anybody ever knowing except for his adult daughter (and/or anyone BM chose to tell or confide in).

Reportedly, none of SM's family had any knowledge whatsoever that the issue of SM's guardianship was before any court! If not for a reporter reaching an unnamed sibling, seeking any comment about BM selling real estate located in Hamilton County, IN while SM was missing, it's quite likely they still would not know that BM was granted guardianship by court order.

Again, let me be clear that according to Indiana law, BM had/has no legal requirement and was under no obligation to inform anybody about his petition for guardianship except for his adult daughter, who also provided her consent. BM was guided by the law for missing persons, and it's my position that Indian law fails to protect missing persons including SM.

It's my opinion that Indiana law approving a grieving spouse and adult child--probably in shock, to consent to life-changing decisions on behalf of their missing wife and mother (pretty much in secret), less than a month since she vanished does not adequately protect the missing, respondent. I believe it was the fore founders of probate court that recognized the need to prohibited certain actions for six months as a safeguard to protect the grieving from bad decisions during a fragile period.

MOO

SBM (Permalink to full comment since I snipped a lot)

@Seattle1 Thank you very much. I understand your point. Your opinion and reply are much appreciated and respected.

On that other matter, if you want to send me a DM I can help you out.

How do you know BM hasn't participatsed in a vigil or remembrance in Salida?

First of all, if said vigil occurred, then it was done without involving the Morphew family FB page, any FB whatsoever, the Salida City facebook page; no Salida resident on the family's FB mentioned it (and there are many many Salida residents who are members of that FB page), no Twitter or Instagram was connected to it. In short, while the Moorman's were able to advertise the vigil widely enough that hundreds of online persons were able to know about it, film it, RSVP to it, and even go to it, any similar thing in Salida was (inexplicably) absent.

SO, if there WAS a vigil in Salida, no WSers who live in the area mentioned it or noticed it. LS did not mention it. PE did not mention it. In short, it is either non-existenct (my belief) or terribly, terribly publicized.

If BM had appeared in public at a gathering, I believe someone would have gotten a photo of it. Salida is only 5000 people, hundreds of them are on FB, and dozens and dozens are on various pages - including the family's page - devoted to finding Suzanne.

I say it didn't happen.

Brother of missing woman Suzanne Morphew calls for an extensive search in Colorado next month

SABBM:
Andy hopes to gather volunteers from Indiana, Colorado and everywhere in between and said he’s appealing to anyone who can help by boat, 4-wheel-drive or on foot.

Suzanne was reported missing by a neighbor on May 10 after her daughters, who were away on a camping trip, couldn’t reach her. According to Andy, Suzanne’s husband Barry said he left their house around 5 a.m. and went to a landscaping job. Andy says Barry told him that Suzanne left for a bike ride that morning. Andy told Dateline his sister’s bike was recovered from a bridge near her home later that same day.

And just how exactly would BM know that SM left for a bike ride that morning if he left the house at 5 am?
Noooooooooooo not the ***** bridge again. :confused:

ETA: ****

IMO its because he doesnt want anymore attention on the case. I dont think hes that concerned with finding SM and seeing as how hes been perceived on air its unlikely a public appearance would do him any favors

I agree. I'm curious whether other people think the Perp (whoever it is) was counting on there being less public attention to Suzanne's disappearance.

I'm beginning to think so. I'm also beginning to think there are people in Salida who know more about this case than they have given to LE - but that several people have talked to LE. Perhaps PE will gradually get some of that same information. If a lot of people go to Salida for a search, even if it's not 1000, those people will learn quite a bit about Salida and who knows what about this case.

PE's recent shows have definitely broken a bit of the case open and I hope it leads to much more evidence and witness testimony arriving at the door of LE.

UPDATE: There is now a website to sign up to help search for #SuzanneMorphew in Colorado. The search will be September 24-29. This will be the first time a volunteer search effort has been organized in Chaffee Co. #FindSuzanne #JusticeForSuzanne
LINK: bit.ly/2Dezr7S

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1300542963911733249?s=21

SABBM:

Maybe she communicated it using her social media profile.

First of all, if said vigil occurred, then it was done without involving the Morphew family FB page, any FB whatsoever, the Salida City facebook page; no Salida resident on the family's FB mentioned it (and there are many many Salida residents who are members of that FB page), no Twitter or Instagram was connected to it. In short, while the Moorman's were able to advertise the vigil widely enough that hundreds of online persons were able to know about it, film it, RSVP to it, and even go to it, any similar thing in Salida was (inexplicably) absent.

SO, if there WAS a vigil in Salida, no WSers who live in the area mentioned it or noticed it. LS did not mention it. PE did not mention it. In short, it is either non-existenct (my belief) or terribly, terribly publicized.

If BM had appeared in public at a gathering, I believe someone would have gotten a photo of it. Salida is only 5000 people, hundreds of them are on FB, and dozens and dozens are on various pages - including the family's page - devoted to finding Suzanne.

I say it didn't happen.
I believe the vigil on Saturday was in Indiana and not Colorado.

UPDATE: There is now a website to sign up to help search for #SuzanneMorphew in Colorado. The search will be September 24-29. This will be the first time a volunteer search effort has been organized in Chaffee Co. #FindSuzanne #JusticeForSuzanne
LINK: bit.ly/2Dezr7S

The PE guys are putting the screws to the perpetrator. We may be front and center in a crowdsourced case with multiple professionals joining forces. Glimpses of the future.

Wondering if LE has given the Moorman family the go-ahead to start speaking out, or if AM has decided to speak out on his own?
Do you think AM honored LE's request not to speak publically about the details surrounding the investigation for SM, and simply got out of bed three months later and decided to talk without approval from LE? That makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarishaikh