Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.outtherecolorado.com/can-you-still-travel-to-colorado-amid-covid-19-restrictions/

“Colorado’s “safer-at-home order” strongly recommends staying home unless traveling for essential needs (such as grocery shopping, take-out, banking, getting gas, taking care of a family member or pet, and doctor visits). This order also discourages anyone from traveling more than 10 miles from their home, with Polis previously mentioning that June restrictions may resemble those of May. That being said, some campgrounds have reopened, with other natural spots soon to follow.

Regardless of easing restrictions, many of the state’s mountain towns are still asking visitors to refrain from visiting.”

(Yeah, this was today, which imo shows how seriously some people are taking these orders / video at link:
Boulder Co. warns people to obey public health orders after large gathering at Boulder Creek )

I had to skip ahead and miss a number of pages in order to post before the thread closed...so my apologies if I am redundant in posting this and also for likely missing many fantastic posts!

It makes sense to me that they are sealing off the house to preserve possible evidence.

I am honestly shocked that they hadn't done it as soon as they found her bicycle sans Suzanne, as the next likeliest place for a possible 'crime scene' would be her home.

I feel like this case has a trail of breadcrumbs that has been thrown up in the air and scattered haphazardly....kind of like confetti.

A found bicycle that may or may not have been operational...

Personal items of the missing woman found in at least 1 other location than the bike was....

A massive almost instantaneous reward for what is basically labelled as a 'missing cyclist'....

a family member faces the camera to plead for her safe return 7 days after she goes missing...

the house only gets sealed off 9 days after she goes missing?

I have to believe that LE has their act together and firmly in place in the right direction as they were on this lickity split. I think that once we hear the 911 call, everything will click into place.

Gut instinct only.

I hope SM is brought home safely and can hug her family soon.

All JMO and thoughts
Excellent points.
As for the house being sealed. Didn't we read BM was staying at a neighbors? He may have offeted to leave or was asked to leave. Either way it sounds like the house was put on LE standby.
MOO

Surprised they haven't been flying drones over the property like they did with the Frazee property
Drones have been used. Doesn't specify over the exact property, so...don't know for sure.

"Crews are using drones and search dogs to try and locate Morphew. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have also searched nearby watersheds. Authorities are not asking for help from volunteers in the search."

“It’s really tough physically. It’s taxing up and down these hills. And it’s emotionally draining you know being with the family and still being empty handed,” Noel told CBS4. “We want to leave our options open and we want to make sure that we cover every hill… and know that everyone out here is doing everything they possibly can to find her.”

Chaffee County Sheriff Updates Search For Suzanne Morphew, Encourages Tips From Public

I do wonder though, if his volunteer firefighter status would make him more qualified than the average person. Not that I necessarily think he should be searching either. Just thinking out loud.
Wild land fire fighters work with a well-sharpened shovel, and axe and a Pulaski ( a tool unique to the trade that is half-pick axe, half sledge hoe) and sometimes a bucket. Their primary method is to create a "fire break" by eliminating the fuel in the direction that the fire is traveling so the fire burns out. It takes a lot a strength, skill and training, but I'm not sure those skills would qualify any wild land fire fighter as a searcher. JMO

Bumping NG link / guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and take a listen:

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
Gorgeous Colorado mom disappears on bike ride. Hubby says he was out of town.
8 hours ago · 40 mins

“It's been more than a week since 49-year-old cyclist Suzanne Morphew disappeared. She went for a bike ride on Mother's Day. Her neighbors called the county sheriff's office when she didn't come home. Morphew's husband, a volunteer firefighter, was out of town at the time of her disappearance.

Joining Nancy Grace today:

• Ashley Willcott - Judge and trial attorney, Anchor on Court TV
  • Dr. Angela Arnold - Psychiatrist, Atlanta Ga.
  • Cloyd Steiger - 36 years with Seattle Police Department, 22-year Homicide Detective & Author "Seattle's Forgotten Serial Killer-Gary Gene Grant" www.cloydsteiger.com
  • Joseph Scott Morgan - Professor of Forensics at Jacksonville State University & Author of "Blood Beneath My Feet"
  • Nicole Partin - CrimeOnline Investigative Reporter”
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...EwjOodeB78DpAhXNepoKHRv0DZQQjrkEegQICxAG&ep=6

Drones have been used. Doesn't specify over the exact property, so...don't know for sure.

"Crews are using drones and search dogs to try and locate Morphew. Members from Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the South Ark Swiftwater Rescue Teams have also searched nearby watersheds. Authorities are not asking for help from volunteers in the search."

“It’s really tough physically. It’s taxing up and down these hills. And it’s emotionally draining you know being with the family and still being empty handed,” Noel told CBS4. “We want to leave our options open and we want to make sure that we cover every hill… and know that everyone out here is doing everything they possibly can to find her.”

Chaffee County Sheriff Updates Search For Suzanne Morphew, Encourages Tips From Public

I was talking about the media.

They flew drones over the Frazee property a lot during the following days after there were search warrants issued at the property.

Thank You! I got it. :)

I finally listened to NG podcast and it said the bike was found with brakes locked. I googled that and they could have locked from and accident or even hitting a bump. What if she crashed her bike or it locked up and she flew over the handlebars injuring herself or with a concussion. Could that be a possibility?

Wild land fire fighters work with a well-sharpened shovel, and axe and a Pulaski ( a tool unique to the trade that is half-pick axe, half sledge hoe) and sometimes a bucket. Their primary method is to create a "fire break" by eliminating the fuel in the direction that the fire is traveling so the fire burns out. It takes a lot a strength, skill and training, but I'm not sure those skills would qualify any wild land fire fighter as a searcher. JMO

I see your point but I suppose he’d make a better searcher than I would even if not ideal lol :)

In all seriousness, in that sort of terrain I’m not surprised that the family hasn’t searched at all. I love my husband and would be devastated if he disappeared. That doesn't change that fact that a strong breeze would blow my tiny butt off the side of a mountain. MOO

I finally listened to NG podcast and it said the bike was found with brakes locked. I googled that and they could have locked from and accident or even hitting a bump. What if she crashed her bike or it locked up and she flew over the handlebars injuring herself or with a concussion. Could that be a possibility?
Locked (or jammed brakes)...we've heard that before.
I would sure like to hear these details from LE, officially.

MOO - speculation follows

...wondering if the distance between the house and the discovery location of the bike is considered 'walking distance'. Was the bike left at the discovery location by SM or by someone else? Was the other object discovered near the bike and described as a "personal item" belonging to SM purposely left near the bike or was it dropped by SM during a struggle?

Was SM alone in the house previous to her bike ride?

Did anyone search the area for SM before 911 was contacted?

What might cause LE to believe the bike was left at the discovery location by someone other than SM (not saying this is the case, just wondering what clues or evidence might suggest such an event)?

Did SM typically bike alone, with a cycling partner or in a group?

Are SM's house/vehicle keys missing, found near her bike or found in the house?

Was SM biking on a hiking trail or on streets?

Cell phone? Not found, found near the bike or found in the house?

Has LE obtained warrants for cell phone records, cell tower/GPS data?

MOO - speculation only
Great to see you here! Always appreciate your thoughts!

Can you please recap the highlights for us if there was other info beyond the bike w/brakes locked up?

Drones for criminal investigation are not normally used by LE over private property without permission, due to complex legal issues pertaining to air space usage and direct federal jurisdiction of air space. The use of drones within the standard grid pattern search is a ready indicator that it was a search-and-rescue mission. IMO

Completely agree. I would have done it right off.

It wouldn't be my first thought if my wife went missing.

But if I talked to investigators and they didn't immediately substantiate my alibi/clear me and started asking more pointed questions, then Id absolutely be looking for some sort of legal council

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member