Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since NG is an approved source, I guess we can discuss the locked brakes rumor now.

I have no idea how the breaks lock on a bike so I'd like to hear from those who do know this stuff?
I asked my brother-- he told me there are different reasons.

1. The brake hose could be collapsed internally, acting as a one way valve, holding pressure after the brakes are applied. Thus locked.

2. The brake pads can wear to the point where they slip forward between the rotor and caliper, wedging the rotors in place. This happens while the bike is ridden.

3. Squeezeing the brakes too hard will lock up your tires. Such as in a crash or a forced stop.

Maysville has a population of 135.

LE received over 150 tips pretty quickly in this case. That's an awful lot of tips.

It looks like their lot is heavily wooded and their home is secluded back in the woods. I'm not sure if the home is even visible from the main road.

I doubt many of the tips received had anything to do with sightings of her that afternoon.

IMO, the majority of the tips related to something people knew...

Complete speculation, IMO, JMO

I asked my brother-- he told me there are different reasons.

1. The brake hose could be collapsed internally, acting as a one way valve, holding pressure after the brakes are applied. Thus locked.

2. The brake pads can wear to the point where they slip forward between the rotor and caliper, wedging the rotors in place. This happens while the bike is ridden.

3. Squeezeing the brakes too hard will lock up your tires. Such as in a crash or a forced stop.
In theNancy Grace podcast they also said that on some high-performance bikes, the brakes can be locked so the wheels won’t spin and possibly be damaged if the bike is transported. I had never heard of this but they discussed how the locked brakes might mean Suzanne had some sort of problem OR someone picked up the bike and transported it from where something happened, to where it was found.

When I first read the BBM, I thought how pretentious and disrespectful of LE's efforts. What kind of momentum is he talking about? Are they close to breaking the case, finding Suzanne, or critical evidence? It's like they are competing with LE in this investigation. I think the gimme fund is also giving me heartburn and influencing my opinion.

But it this were my sister or daughter, I'd move heaven and earth to find her by any means possible. So I'm going to zip it and have some grace for TN.

I agree, I don't get the feeling the family and LE are working hand in hand. The nephew is saying they are non stop searching, but I've also read no searches have taken place in the last few days. IDK if it's bad reporting or what the deal is?? The fund me doesn't set right with me either.

The longer this goes on the more questions I have. o_O

I was talking about the media.

They flew drones over the Frazee property a lot during the following days after there were search warrants issued at the property.

Again, memory can be deceiving. Those drones were a Denver News Station and a local social media gadfly. The second's video was subject of a search warrant, and his ownership of said drone put him on the witness list, thus barring him from being seated in the courtroom during proceedings. IMO

YES!! Even if what NG said is fact and the neighbor did see her leave, why wouldn't she have given a time? It makes a huge difference. Did she leave at 10 or did she leave at 4? IMO

Yup if the neighbor knew when they saw SM depart for a bike ride, I would have absolutely expected LE to know that information on day one and to have shared that with the public almost immediately.

JMO

Just wondering, is there confirmation on exactly what time the call was made to LE that SM was missing?

at 5:46 pm:

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE

Salida, Colorado

PRESS RELEASE

May 11, 2020

On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.....

BBM
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

NG is an approved source at Websleuths and we trust that she has vetted her sources.

If she made reference to the locked brakes and did not give a source, perhaps it is rumor. We don't know for sure either way. You may discuss it as a possibility, you may believe it or take it with a grain of salt. Just bear in mind we don't have a named source.

NG does give a disclaimer about the locked brakes "if it's true" --not a statement of fact but an alleged condition of the bike.

I agree, I don't get the feeling the family and LE are working hand in hand. The nephew is saying they are non stop searching, but I've also read no searches have taken place in the last few days. IDK if it's bad reporting or what the deal is?? The fund me doesn't set right with me either.

There have been no reporters on the scene. Everything that we have heard has either been from the sheriff's department, or second hand information. County-to-county travel in severely limited in Colorado due to COVID 19 and there are no local news sources. IMO

I finally listened to NG podcast and it said the bike was found with brakes locked. I googled that and they could have locked from and accident or even hitting a bump. What if she crashed her bike or it locked up and she flew over the handlebars injuring herself or with a concussion. Could that be a possibility?

There are so many possibilities, but I just keep coming back to the fact that they don’t call the FBI in for concussions. (Or for animal attacks, suicides, or wives who’ve run off. )

When I first read the BBM, I thought how pretentious and disrespectful of LE's efforts. What kind of momentum is he talking about? Are they close to breaking the case, finding Suzanne, or critical evidence? It's like they are competing with LE in this investigation. I think the gimme fund is also giving me heartburn and influencing my opinion.

But it this were my sister or daughter, I'd move heaven and earth to find her by any means possible. So I'm going to zip it and have some grace for TN.

Ditto on the BBM. It's disgusting IMO. They should shut it down and repay the money. JMO.

ETA: With the horribleness that is going on in the world, so many without jobs, businesses closing, etc., millionaires need donations? I think they need a public relations person.

Last edited:
"FOX21 spoke with the uncle of Suzanne’s husband who said this past week for the family can be summed up with one word, terrifying. Bob Morphew said he believes his nephew, Barry had absolutely nothing to do with Suzanne’s disappearance.

“She is one of the sweetest, one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet,” Bob Morphew explained. “She’s the kind of person that everybody loved.”

He described Suzanne as a loving mother, wife, a former teacher and a kind person. Bob lives in Indiana, feels helpless and wants his family to have answers as to what happened to Suzanne.

“I love those kids and what I want is for them to be back together,” Bob Morphew added.

A plea from Suzanne’s husband, Barry was shared online exactly a week after she disappeared. A reward of $200,000 by family and friends of Suzanne Morphew has been offered for a safe return – no questions asked.

Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

“They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them,” Bob Morphew said.

The Morphew’s say they desperately want Suzanne to safely return home.

“We’re all terrified about this and no place to find any rest,” Bob added. “Like I said, everybody loves Suzanne and Barry and we know what they are going through and it’s hard on our hearts too because we don’t know.”

More at link “Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return

Recent searches may be not happening in Colorado..

The fund me doesn't sit right with me either. The M's seem to be wealthy people. They appear to own well over 2 million $ in real estate.

Something is not adding up.

Last edited:
If the neighbor 100% saw SM leave for a bike ride Sunday, as was Stated on the NG podcast, why so many statements that LE is unsure of the last reported sighting of SM? Why would LE be unsure of when she was last seen, if neighbor saw her first-hand On Sunday? I’ve gotten some pretty accurate info from NG in the past. However, she has been pretty far off on others, or a bit sensationalistic with her interpretations of things that didn’t end up being completely true. It’s a grab bag at times.
I don't think LE is unsure of the last reported sighting of SM. They haven't made any statements at all about when she was last seen or who saw her last. I think LE requesting residents preserve any video captured starting on May 8 is what is prompting our speculation that perhaps a crime or someone in the area planning for a crime started a few days before Mother's Day. But that doesn't necessarily mean LE is unsure when SM was last seen.

It's unclear to me from the Nancy Grace podcast whether the neighbor absolutely saw SM leave for a bike ride that day.

But Nancy's guest Nicole Partin, CrimeOnline reporter, does say the next door neighbor "Sees her and knows she's headed out on the bike ride. Late in the afternoon, when she doesn't return, the neighbor gets concerned and calls authorities."

Nancy asked, "Do you know why the neighbor realized something was amiss at 6pm?"

Nicole: "Only thing we know is she told authorities is that it was getting dark, it was getting late, and she knew she should have been back by now."

Nancy says the neighbor reported SM missing at 6p.m.

Last edited:
Bob Morphew says Barry is very sincere in the video and said “that’s Barry.” He added for those pointing the finger at Barry, “I think they can bury that kind of thought.” Bob went on to say, “tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff.”

BBM

I see in the article that it says Bob Morphew made this statement, "tell that to the Chaffee County Sheriff" regarding BM being innocent but I didn't hear him say it in the actual interview. Did I miss something?

ETA article link:

“Everybody loves Suzanne and Barry,” family member wants Chaffee County mother’s safe return

Well since we are just spitballing until we get a bit more-what if she had a crash? What if she was hit, or fell, or was run off the road? What if her bike was broken and someone offered her a ride home? And then something bad happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member